Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

peter noble November 23rd, 2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcglider
All the stuff I'm making... the props and odd bits of ephemera... are all being done because I CAN and I want to keep the original series alive for the next crop of fans who come along. That, and making sure that the powers-that-be aren't ignoring the fandom alltogether. When a fandom keeps generating cool stuff like those models, it goes LONG way to keeping old folks interested and attracting new folks to the fandom.

What you're doing Gordon, and the other BSG TOS websites, and anyone working on art, or stories or fan films are all keeping the dream alive.

You had to be around at the time, but before Galactica, there was nothing of that scale on TV, not Star Trek, Land of the Giants, anything. BSG was an event, and something that's never really been attempted since.

BlueSquad2001 November 23rd, 2005 01:31 PM

Thank You Peter. And can you help with my other posting in the Art-Un-Finished about the Mc Galactica Drawings? :salute:

peter noble November 23rd, 2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSquad2001
Thank You Peter. And can you help with my other posting in the Art-Un-Finished about the Mc Galactica Drawings? :salute:

Most of my magazine collection is in storage which features stuff like that is in storage but I'll dig around.

Best,

Peter

BlueSquad2001 November 23rd, 2005 02:12 PM

Thanks Peter, I really appreciate this help from you. It'll put newer galactica models in the world for fans to enjoy. :salute: :colonial:

SciFi Models November 23rd, 2005 05:30 PM

Mike

Give me a call I sent you a PM

Rob

BlueSquad2001 November 23rd, 2005 06:43 PM

This attempt at communicating is futile at best. But I tried. :salute:

Griffworks November 23rd, 2005 08:13 PM

So, Michael....

Is it done yet? When can I come over and fire the turbos on the thing.? :D

amberstar November 23rd, 2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

AMBERSTAR!!! ;) Good to see you again. I'm glad your still here. :salute:
Strikeleader?? :wtf: You've been busy yourself.

;) Yep.......been really busy ;)

I'm glad to see you found your way home! By the way...I love the model!

BlueSquad2001 November 23rd, 2005 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffworks
So, Michael....

Is it done yet? When can I come over and fire the turbos on the thing.? :D

FRIDAY!!!! YES... :D She'll fly FRIDAY the 25th! :salute: :colonial:

BlueSquad2001 November 23rd, 2005 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amberstar
;) Yep.......been really busy ;)

I'm glad to see you found your way home! By the way...I love the model!

Yes Amberstar, I'm home and LOVE IT HERE! You're wonderful and it's nice to have you as a friend. Glad you like it. It's affordable too ;) It's got heat and air, leather bucket seats, complete communication surround sound, adjustable harness for just that right feel with full turbos engaged, tinted laser-proof glass, and just the right shade of orangie-redish color to the stripes. All for the low cost of 95.00+shippingand handling. :rotf: ;)

Gemini1999 November 23rd, 2005 09:11 PM

Quote:

Yes Amberstar, I'm home and LOVE IT HERE! You're wonderful and it's nice to have you as a friend. Glad you like it. It's affordable too ;) It's got heat and air, leather bucket seats, complete communication surround sound, adjustable harness for just that right feel with full turbos engaged, tinted laser-proof glass, and just the right shade of orangie-redish color to the stripes. All for the low cost of 95.00+shippingand handling. :rotf: ;)

But, does it go from zero to .15C in less than 6 microns? More importantly, does it have plenty of cargo space and does it come with a 6-disk CD player?

You just can't go from an Shuttle to a Viper without keeping some of the creature comforts, now can you?

Those are some great pics of your models - It almost makes me want to dig one or two out of the closet and start modeling again....

Best,
Bryan

Griffworks November 23rd, 2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

FRIDAY!!!! YES... :D She'll fly FRIDAY the 25th! :salute: :colonial:

Right on! I'll bring my camera and my blaster, then. :Nsalute: :bg04:

Darrell Lawrence November 24th, 2005 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemini1999
But, does it go from zero to .15C in less than 6 microns? More importantly, does it have plenty of cargo space and does it come with a 6-disk CD player?

You just can't go from an Shuttle to a Viper without keeping some of the creature comforts, now can you?

Best,
Bryan

Hey! Don't be giving out the specs of the Cobra now... :D

BlueSquad2001 November 24th, 2005 05:21 AM

Understood Warrior. And THANK YOU all for the killer compliments. Will post here later today. Thanks Gemini! :salute: :colonial:

Griffworks November 24th, 2005 07:18 AM

Was that the crack of a whip I heard in the background there, Michael? :coolangel

TwoBrainedCylon November 24th, 2005 07:29 AM

Mike,

Nice to see you around here. Its been a while.

Great to see the DeSanto ship moving along and the recruitment poster would likely get me to sign up.

Did you ever finish up the Frazetta painting you were working on a while back?

Sandy

BlueSquad2001 November 24th, 2005 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffworks
Was that the crack of a whip I heard in the background there, Michael? :coolangel

Why yes, it certainly was. :D Kewle that you are here, I'm about to get moving on the completion of the DeSanto Viper after I have my tea. :salute: It's just too early. :wtf:

BlueSquad2001 November 24th, 2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon
Mike,

Nice to see you around here. Its been a while.

Great to see the DeSanto ship moving along and the recruitment poster would likely get me to sign up.

Did you ever finish up the Frazetta painting you were working on a while back?

Sandy

SANDY!!!!! Long Time. :salute: :salute: :colonial: Tried to even write you a time or two, but maybe you just missed it. :D
Everyone, please salute The Cylon.Org Founder Sandy, that originally interviewed me on the site about the project that is finally seeing the light of day. :D Sandy I'll p.m. you with phone number, it's an honor to be greeted by you, and I wish you to post an up-date on this project over at Cylon.Org. :salute:

BlueSquad2001 November 24th, 2005 09:54 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen please give a round of applause to mine and Terri's and probably Griffworks will come into this endeavor also, NEW MODEL COMPANY.......(SMEGMODELS) :salute: Christened on this day of Nov, the 24th 2005. :D

http://tinypic.com/hsj5a9.jpg
And the above pick, for your entertainment as well as knowledge, a MAJOR KEY signature Colonial Shuttle detail part! :salute:
Let's play a game, let's see if you can identify this part, and what model kit and scale it comes from? C'mon modelers. This could become a LOOOONG thread. :salute:
Oh, and the Canopy for the DeSanto model is about finished, pics soon. :salute:

BlueSquad2001 November 25th, 2005 02:32 PM

UPDATE
We are casting the wings and vertical stabilizer, and replicating necessary greeblies. Pics soon. :salute: