Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - Finished (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   TOS Shuttle Mk I - Schematics (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17461)

137th Gebirg April 15th, 2010 01:27 PM

TOS Shuttle Mk I - Schematics

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, we now have one more TOS Schematic in the collection - the long-awaited Mk I Shuttle, seen in both old and new series. Always liked this design but it was more detailed than I anticipated, particularly around the engine area. Enjoy!

:salute:

Reaper April 15th, 2010 02:25 PM

Re: TOS Shuttle Mk I - Schematics

Outstanding work as usual!! Very nicely done!!!

So, where is the hatch on these things? lol, if you go by the (very small scale) set piece, it should be back by the engines.

gmd3d April 16th, 2010 04:05 AM

Great work .. thanks. I hope to some time in the near future re start my BSG models

137th Gebirg April 16th, 2010 07:44 AM

Thanks much all! I'd love to see what models are made, either real or CG, based off my schematics.

Re: rear hatch, etc.: Yes, I was actually thinking about the inconsistencies between the filming miniature and the internal/external sets during the process of making this particular one. Not only is the personnel access door in the wrong place, but the landing gears are mysteriously absent as well, IIRC. I don't even want to think about where the LandRam would have been stored, as there are no "hatches" on the model to speak of, other than the main personnel doors. There are also the HALO chutes that they dropped through for the "Living Legend" Gamoray assault that don't really match up to anything on the bottom of the model. Now, that's not to say that the sets weren't absolutely stunning in their own right - they were - they just seemed to spend more time paying attention to making something that worked in a studio rather than match it up to the model. I suspect that, if they had the CG capabilities back then that they do now, things would have been a lot easier. They just would have had to make a practical door with some steps in front of a green screen with a digital matte painting. Would have been really cool. Thanks again!

gmd3d April 16th, 2010 10:28 AM

I am coming almost to the end of my present Trek models for a fan film .. and will need a break from trek for a bit and I will wonder back to BSG for a break .. I will possibly start with the Big G .. but a friendly one poly wise :)

maudib April 18th, 2010 11:44 PM

Grabbed your schematics... thanks! And thank you for doing the battlestar schematics as well, it gives me a big head start in my own modeling work. I can't wait to see your new BSG meshes Taranis! Please post progress pics so I can "borrow" some ideas from you :D

gmd3d April 19th, 2010 01:24 AM

sure I will post some pics when I begin . to be honest I was hoping to get ideas from you.

We will be posting the work I have been doing on 3DG soon and you will see what had been keeping me busy for the last few months..

137th Gebirg April 19th, 2010 07:21 AM

Lookin' forward to it!

:salute:

April 20th, 2010 12:35 AM

Love your drawings, :thumbsup:if ever there was a BSG tech book released like the
starwars books your work needs to be in them, top notch!! cheers.:salute:

gmd3d April 20th, 2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andromeda (Post 300095)
Love your drawings, :thumbsup:if ever there was a BSG tech book released like the
starwars books your work needs to be in them, top notch!! cheers.:salute:

I agree with you there ..

137th Gebirg April 20th, 2010 06:48 AM

Thanks much! Several years ago, I had offered to provide my services for an updated version of the "Galactica Stuff" encyclopedia to do just that - showing high-resolution photo-quality images of ships, insignia, etc., but there was some strange thing going on with re-releasing it under another publisher or something, so the idea died pretty quickly. A shame, really - would have loved to be a part of that project.

gmd3d April 20th, 2010 01:44 PM

damn shame it did not take off

pmbruner April 25th, 2010 09:24 AM

Thanks for the Shuttle schematic. It is very cool :salute:

May 2nd, 2010 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 300099)
damn shame it did not take off

likewise, would've been great if it happened

cheers

gmd3d May 16th, 2010 07:48 AM

here are the shuttle Schematics that I have to replace the one that where here

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7...ttlemk1.th.jpg

TwoBrainedCylon May 16th, 2010 08:33 AM

These are some of the coolest things anyone has every created for Galactica.

I love them.

Russell

gmd3d May 16th, 2010 08:34 AM

YEAH 137th Gebirg work is great :)