Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   All About Models (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Ship Schematics (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15505)

Folkrm July 14th, 2008 04:51 AM

Re: Ship Schematics

Very Nice ship Schematic. Love the detail.

Folkrm

earendil77 July 15th, 2008 03:53 AM

wow I'm impressed

Athene July 27th, 2008 09:31 AM

AWESOME! :thumbsup: :salute:

GDafi August 22nd, 2008 12:23 PM

AWESOME:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

sirnaut January 17th, 2009 08:58 AM

really nice schematics

Raptor January 18th, 2009 01:20 AM

They're all nice, and all from the Original series too. The nuBSG lot just reused the old ships (aside from the battlestars, Vipers and Cylons...)

Nobody seems able ot get the 'head' of the Galactica right, IMHO. There's always something 'off' about it to me when compared to the footage from the series...:/:

My only contribution is this. Not a schematic, nor even complete yet, but I could work on it some more:
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9/predator02nc5.jpg

Designed and built for use in a game, rather than for gloy shot renders:nervous:

Stevew January 18th, 2009 04:32 AM

I like the basic concept. Look forward to seeing it when it is fleshed out
:salute:

Raptor January 19th, 2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevew (Post 279889)
I like the basic concept. Look forward to seeing it when it is fleshed out
:salute:

Thanks. It was based on some of your designs (the Kiowa and Protector mainly) and I envisage it as the next generation of colonial cruiser, much like the Tiger is a replacement for the Guardian.

[Shameless plugging]
For full details of this ship, please refer to my fanfic stories accessed here:
http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=13145

The story arc is now into the fourth story, as the Thunderchild (the only example of this ship class left) is currently ripping the Blue Sun Alliance (Firefly) fleet apart... with a technological advantage so massive it's almost not funny. Almost:devil:
[/shameless plugging]

Stevew January 19th, 2009 03:57 AM

The way you have the bays attached it great. I don't know why some one has not thought of this before. It has given me some ideas

Reaper January 19th, 2009 04:19 PM

love the look of the ship, very nicely done!

Athene January 20th, 2009 08:25 PM

Very nicely done. I like the look of the ship too. :salute:

Megahurts February 12th, 2009 11:04 AM

Thanks for the images and links, I keep meaning to improve my modelling skills by starting work on something like the MkVII Viper, but I've been struggling to find decent 3-views for a starting point.

Georgefox March 18th, 2009 11:58 PM

nice guys i know a site for great schemeatics cant remember the name have to dig out my old computer with it bookmarked

hawkbs April 12th, 2009 11:13 PM

This is the best place imho
http://www.shipschematics.net/

monolith21 July 30th, 2009 08:58 PM

Anyone know who did this...
http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/im..._viper_mk1.gif

I'd love to use one of those shots on a flier for Blackstar Squadron! Figured it would be best to ask for permission!

Reaper July 31st, 2009 04:35 PM

MArk, contact info and more images are here: http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/

Darrell Lawrence August 2nd, 2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevew (Post 272009)
Thanks ColonialMarine

Too bad we can't get all that have been done and put them in a reference gallery
What do you think Darrell?
We have probably 20. It would be a nice place for people to go to see the BSG ships in all their glory
:)

We do have a schematics section.

I also have to ask about credits on these. I noticed the Viper in the first post looks VERY familiar.... as it's mine :)

cosmic January 8th, 2010 11:28 AM

thanks, good stuff

cyfilon November 2nd, 2010 08:49 AM

any know where i can find a duel hull fighter bomber it was on the old seveth fleet and it had a plusar cannon out one cockpit and five engine's any help thank's gang and keep them flying.

cyfilon March 7th, 2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 291509)
We do have a schematics section.

I also have to ask about credits on these. I noticed the Viper in the first post looks VERY familiar.... as it's mine :)

you were the one who ran the 7th fleet bulit a model of this ship it was made as a long range photo recon ship or you could bulid it as a bomber or as a 4 man missle air defence ship one pliot three gunners. the site 7th fleet is gone do you have a hoto of this ship thanks for your help:thumbsup::salute:

Darrell Lawrence March 7th, 2011 02:06 PM

...ummm No. I never had a 7th fleet website...

ZAP December 25th, 2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonialMarine (Post 272025)
I wasn't quite sure where to put this. So here it goes...

With compliments to my friend 137th Gebirg at Galactica.com. The original, larger version can be seen at http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/battlestar_nova.png

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53...estar_nova.png

hi and first of all merry Christmas

i am looking for technical drawings of the original Galactica , and i found this incredible forum , the plans that you are showing are amazing , but the link appears do be down , is it possible to tell me where i can download this plans in high resolution ?

thanks in advance:salute:

ZAP December 25th, 2013 03:17 AM

the objective is to start building the model of the galactica , i am gathering kits ,base on the amazing work of so many of you in the studio scale modelers

http://www.studioscalemodelers.com/f...ay.php?fid=731

ZAP December 25th, 2013 08:26 AM

is it possible to put this online again ..thanks in advance ..and merry Christmas :salute:

Dawg December 25th, 2013 10:26 AM

ZAP, welcome to the Fleets! Merry Christmas!

There's some history you don't know that will help answer your question. A year or so ago, our hosting server suffered a catastrophic crash and we lost a lot of our material. We've put out the word to re-load, but some of that hasn't happened yet. If the individual links don't go anywhere, it's likely we haven't had that restored yet.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

ZAP December 26th, 2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 312785)
ZAP, welcome to the Fleets! Merry Christmas!

There's some history you don't know that will help answer your question. A year or so ago, our hosting server suffered a catastrophic crash and we lost a lot of our material. We've put out the word to re-load, but some of that hasn't happened yet. If the individual links don't go anywhere, it's likely we haven't had that restored yet.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

thanks Dawg , just receive an email regarding my goal of starting to build the studio scale Galactica , i am very exited about this , if it come true i will post the developments in the forum , hope to have some help from you guys :)

DCT1964 December 26th, 2013 04:34 AM

I have seen allot of fantastic work done here, you guys are incredable.

137th Gebirg January 13th, 2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAP (Post 312776)
hi and first of all merry Christmas

i am looking for technical drawings of the original Galactica , and i found this incredible forum , the plans that you are showing are amazing , but the link appears do be down , is it possible to tell me where i can download this plans in high resolution ?

thanks in advance:salute:

Hi Zap. Here is a link to the high-res raster version of the schematic. If you are in need of the original vector file, I have made a version in PDF format. All I ask of anyone who downloads it that they don't use it to make money off of. I found a couple sites who took it to make t-shirts. To their credit, they took the sale pages down when I tagged them for it, but I would sooner not have to put myself through that again.

As for going back and re-establishing all the links I've submitted over the years, I wouldn't even know where to start on such a monumental undertaking. Is there a way of filtering not just what threads we've posted in but also the threads where links are broken and need to be repaired? That might help quicken things up a bit.

Thanks much!

-Jim

ZAP January 13th, 2014 12:08 PM

hi JIm , i reply 2 minutes ago to your other post , asking you if you could send me the file , and now i see that you already send me the link ...thank you so much :rotf: , the sharing of this type of forum is incredible

how did you make this schematics ? did you make the 3d and just export the views ? because the drawing is amazing , can you make transversal sections and longitudinal profiles ?

once again thanks for your wonderful work put at the disposal of all :salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 137th Gebirg (Post 312973)
Hi Zap. Here is a link to the high-res raster version of the schematic. If you are in need of the original vector file, I have made a version in PDF format. All I ask of anyone who downloads it that they don't use it to make money off of. I found a couple sites who took it to make t-shirts. To their credit, they took the sale pages down when I tagged them for it, but I would sooner not have to put myself through that again.

As for going back and re-establishing all the links I've submitted over the years, I wouldn't even know where to start on such a monumental undertaking. Is there a way of filtering not just what threads we've posted in but also the threads where links are broken and need to be repaired? That might help quicken things up a bit.

Thanks much!

-Jim

137th Gebirg January 13th, 2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAP (Post 312976)
how did you make this schematics ? did you make the 3d and just export the views ? because the drawing is amazing

:LOL: Heh...you make it sound so advanced! :)

No, I did it the old-fashioned way - I took a boatload of reference photos I got from Jim C after he finished his Galactica and went through each of them, trying to eyeball the details, as well as compensate for perspective-distortion ("foreshortening" in the art world). Not long into the project, Kurt Kuhn over at Modeler Magic got a hold of and released a metric ton of photos of the original SS miniature, which I used to finish it up. The overall outline of the schematics is from Jim's build which has a slightly narrower main body and less-pronounced angle at the rear of the head than the original, but I would say it's about 90-95% accurate.

In short, everything was "hand-drawn" using Adobe Illustrator CS1. No CG-to-vector assistance. Probably took me over 400 hours to make - that's an extremely rough estimate. It's been so long, I really can't remember how long it took me, to be honest.

Quote:

Can you make transversal sections and longitudinal profiles ?
Unfortunately, no. Because this was not taken from a CG model, but drawn in a purely 2D environment, cross sections of any kind really aren't possible.

Thanks very much for the kind words. They are appreciated. :salute: