Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Science Fiction Shows (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   DREDD Sequels not going to happen. (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18447)

Centurion Draco January 15th, 2013 01:18 PM

DREDD Sequels not going to happen.

Echoing the singular lack of enthusiasm shown to my attempt to promote Dredd 3D here, the cinema audiences stayed away in their droves.
Net result?
The possibility of the movie trilogy ending with the Dark Judges and even the TV series spin off are as dead as Judge Death's victims.

The reviews were largely good to excellent, the die-hard fans were pleased......
And it bombed!

It's hard to imagine another 18 rated Sci-Fi movie being made after this disaster.

Best film I've seen at the flicks for years! My copy on DVD in the post to me as I write this, best use of 3D I've seen so far. Made me say to the mrs that the replacement for our Thomson CRT will now have to be 3D.......

:cry:

martok2112 January 18th, 2013 09:24 AM

Re: DREDD Sequels not going to happen.

This one was pretty much a "wait for the blu-ray" movie for me. It just didn't hit my radar that strongly.

Shoot, if there's any movie I'm saddened hasn't seen a sequel yet, (or at least, just another installment) is Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.
That was an awesome sea-epic film, and I see there is quite the line in the Aubrey-Maturin series of books (from which Master and Commander:TFSotW is derived and based). The movie only took a few plot elements, characters, and ships from several books, including the title of (I believe) the 13th book, but it still kicked astrums.

Centurion Draco January 19th, 2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 311115)
This one was pretty much a "wait for the blu-ray" movie for me. It just didn't hit my radar that strongly.

Shoot, if there's any movie I'm saddened hasn't seen a sequel yet, (or at least, just another installment) is Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.
That was an awesome sea-epic film, and I see there is quite the line in the Aubrey-Maturin series of books (from which Master and Commander:TFSotW is derived and based). The movie only took a few plot elements, characters, and ships from several books, including the title of (I believe) the 13th book, but it still kicked astrums.

If you are buying the blu-ray then you'll be getting the 3D version as well.
If you can, then watch the 3D version FIRST. Even if you have to go to someone elses place with a big screen 3DTV.
The use of the 3D in this movie was superb!

martok2112 January 19th, 2013 09:04 AM

I bought one of those 24 inch Sony 3D TV's that was made for the PlayStation 3. I'll check it out. :)

Gemini1999 January 24th, 2013 01:22 PM

Good...! This reboot wasn't worth the 90 minutes it took for me to watch it. I'd hate to think that enough people liked it enough for the studios to crank out more of the same.

Lara January 26th, 2013 12:04 AM

Shame. It was true to the comics. The bad aftertaste of the Stallone dross lingers???

My secret fantasy is a true big screen rendering of Strontium Dog. Judge Dredd I liked, Strontium Dog I NEVER missed. Gritty, pragmatic, dry. Joy factor in common: the artwork of Carlos Ezquerra :D:D (And Stanless Steel Rat,, and , and..)

But equally I couldn't stand it if they screwed it up:...:

Lara