Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   All About Models (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   SteveWs Models? (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17943)

Georgefox May 24th, 2011 01:06 PM

SteveWs Models?

There used to be a big archive of his models. Anyone remember where that is?

Thanks guys!

BST May 24th, 2011 05:40 PM

Re: SteveWs Models?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgefox (Post 306043)
There used to be a big archive of his models. Anyone remember where that is?

Thanks guys!

Have you been over to the Gallery, laddie?

There's quite the collection there, to be sure.

Just go down the hallway, second door on the right, turn left and continue until just before your head hits the bulkhead. Then, take a peek here

;)

Enjoy!

Senmut May 25th, 2011 12:32 AM

The Gallery! We'll knock over the Gallery again!

Darrell Lawrence May 25th, 2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BST (Post 306044)
Have you been over to the Gallery, laddie?

There's quite the collection there, to be sure.

Just go down the hallway, second door on the right, turn left and continue until just before your head hits the bulkhead. Then, take a peek here

;)

Enjoy!

Pete, he may be referring to the repo SteveW himself had here. He had FTP'd a bunch of his models to his own folder. When we had the super-crash, it went bye-bye. It hasn't been re-uploaded, and won't be for a while, due to adding some readme's to his files.

BST May 25th, 2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 306056)
Pete, he may be referring to the repo SteveW himself had here. He had FTP'd a bunch of his models to his own folder. When we had the super-crash, it went bye-bye. It hasn't been re-uploaded, and won't be for a while, due to adding some readme's to his files.

Ah, ok. ;)

borjis May 28th, 2011 03:36 PM

if I'm not mistaken most of his stuff is available at battlestarfanfilms.com

Darrell Lawrence May 28th, 2011 10:05 PM

If so, I hope they have the readme's that Steve's family wanted with his models.

borjis May 28th, 2011 10:23 PM

I don't think they do.

Remember that post I made about who's highly detailed basestar I was trying to Identify? It didn't have one and thats where I got it.

Some of his mesh's over there are dead links also...just checked.

I think Ernie here is the host of that site yes?

Maybe ask him to work with you on that?

BST May 29th, 2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borjis (Post 306090)
I don't think they do.

Remember that post I made about who's highly detailed basestar I was trying to Identify? It didn't have one and thats where I got it.

Some of his mesh's over there are dead links also...just checked.

I think Ernie here is the host of that site yes?

Maybe ask him to work with you on that?

borjis,

Check the Gallery here. It is the source for Steve's pics. Recently, we've ensured that all Gallery links are in working order. If, by some happenstance, you find any that are not, please contact me (BST) via PM or email to BST@colonialfleets.com and let me know which ones are not working.

Since Steve's passing, there are certain procedures which are being employed when any of his pics are being used. This is primarily in honor of the man, himself, and also to acknowledge the wonderful generosity of his family, to allow us to be the repository for his artwork. Please contact Warrior for the proper procedure, if it's not available in Steve's wing of the Gallery.

Thanks in advance,

BST

Darrell Lawrence May 29th, 2011 09:13 AM

Pete, meshes. Models. Not pics :)

borjis May 29th, 2011 11:03 AM

I meant links to the meshes at battlestarfanfilms.

starship November 26th, 2012 07:09 AM

It´s more than a year!
I have a lot of Steve´s meshes, shared by himself with me.
If it´s ok with Steve´s familly, and if the admins needs a copy of any of them to be hosted here, with the right credits as noted above, just send me a pm. ;)

starship April 30th, 2013 06:47 AM

Well, any news about hosting Steve´s meshes? :salute:

Dawg April 30th, 2013 08:58 PM

Starship, I think it's a great idea. I'll alert Darrell and we'll see.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Athene May 9th, 2013 08:30 AM

Wonderful idea and a tribute to Steve. :salute:

137th Gebirg May 9th, 2013 11:23 AM

If a new section of the site is going to be dedicated to Steve, I would like to contribute a memoriam image I did up for him after his passing that I put on my schematics site. He was a kind and generous person, and always enjoyed contributing to the community.

http://shipschematics.net/images/stevew.jpg

gmd3d May 9th, 2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 137th Gebirg (Post 311730)
If a new section of the site is going to be dedicated to Steve, I would like to contribute a memoriam image I did up for him after his passing that I put on my schematics site. He was a kind and generous person, and always enjoyed contributing to the community.

http://shipschematics.net/images/stevew.jpg

yes,,,, He encouraged me to get into CGI starting with TrueSpace and later Lightwave.....
I would like very much to see this

starship May 10th, 2013 03:59 AM

It have my support too.
Steve was one of the most cool persons that I known over the net, and his meshes was font of inspiration for me too. :salute: