Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   A salute to Ojai22 (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4771)

CommanderTaggart October 28th, 2003 11:34 AM

A salute to Ojai22

Now that phase one of the letter-writing campaign is underway, and the letters are going out... which is the most important thing... I just wanted to take a moment to make an imortant clarification.

From the beginning, I never wanted this to be dubbed the "Taggart Campaign." I truly wanted it to be referred to as the "Fan Campaign," as a symbol of our new unity behind a common goal.

Nontheless, human nature being what it is, there have been several postings here and elsewhere that have used the "Taggart Campaign" as a point of reference.

That being the case, I need to publicly state that Ojai22 deserves a great deal of recognition here. She has spent countless hours spreading the message on boards of which I haven't even heard. She is the one who negotiated with Warrior to get the official announcement on BSG.COM. It was her idea to break the campaign into two parts, targeting Larson and DeSanto in the immediate aftermath of the buzz of excitement generated by Galacticon, and it is she, through a series of PM's, that has offered a neverending supply of ideas on ways to make this campaign even more successful.

The success this campaign enjoys will be as much a tribute to her hard work as it will be to every single fan who makes/has made the effort to participate.

I would that we had a salute emoticon available.

In lieu of that, I would just like to say:

Thank, you, Ojai22, for all that you do, have done, and will continue to do for this fandom, and for the ultimate goal of a BSG continuation movie helmed by Tom DeSanto and Glen Larson. You are an inspiration and a source of energy to me, and (I would think) to the fanbase at large.

I salute you. I, and this fandom, are in your debt.

BST October 28th, 2003 01:57 PM

CT,

I won't even attempt to add to your wonderful message except to say -- "add my voice to the chorus". Both you and Ojai deserve our thanks!!

BST

oldwardaggit October 28th, 2003 03:59 PM

Yup, Ojai22 is the best twin a guy could ever have. :)

OWD

dvo47p October 31st, 2003 03:05 PM

Yes indeed

I sent a few off without Lorrey vetting 'em. What was I thinking?

Lorrey's air is full off smoke, yes she in the path of the Ca. fires, I don't think she will need to move. Knock on wood.

Godspeed Lorrey,
John

ojai22 October 31st, 2003 07:32 PM

Commander,

I had no problem with the mail-in campaign being referred to as the Taggert Campaign. If it worked it was okay with me and apparently it did work.

Thanks for your kind words. I don't think I've done any more than anyone else, we just do different things. But I appreciate your appreciation!

Thanks to all for your support, and for working together like the team that we are. We'll get this movie made, just hide and watch!

Thanks to all who got their letters out, I salute each of you. :)

dvo47p November 4th, 2003 11:16 AM

Re: ojai22's I have my own little place, but it's okay. They know me here.

I have my own little place, but it's okay. They know me here.

It's called The Betty Ford Center, Lorry had Elizabeth Taylor as a roommate

ojai22 November 4th, 2003 11:30 AM

Re: Re: ojai22's I have my own little place, but it's okay. They know me here.

Quote:

Originally posted by dvo47p
I have my own little place, but it's okay. They know me here.

It's called The Betty Ford Center, Lorry had Elizabeth Taylor as a roommate

You idiot! There are people who don't know you're joking.. Please learn to use smilies.:)

dvo47p November 4th, 2003 01:19 PM

Say

Have you heard from Liz?

thomas7g November 4th, 2003 06:28 PM

HEY Ojai!!!!

Glad to see you are still around and kicking! I was worried but couldn't email you.

Send me another email would ya? the last one I sent bounced back. :D