Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   hello just saying hello (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6499)

gmd3d March 11th, 2004 06:09 AM

hello just saying hello

hi Im Taranis and want to say hello to all battlestar fans old and new
I normaly just read post (is that lurking?) and im new to these sites im only a member of one other and i joyed that one last month. there are so many sites on the web you can spend years looking and not finding what you want.
well now i have found two site i like and that fantastic. :)

I would like to talk about both shows if thats alright with you all. Galactica has a special place in my heart along side Star Trek TOS, and Star Wars but apart from them Galactica has an epic qulity about it and as i have said in another post television is way to small for it, it's like try to paint the mona lisa on an A4 page
it looks ok but what about the detail, weell that my opinion for what is worth.

There is a lot about the old Galactica that I loved and a small amount of thing i would like explained some things do not make sense.

.was Baltar a commander off a battlestar or a trader (and if he was a trader that is) how would he have access to the council
.could Baltar have been altered by the Cylon's unknown to himself to be their
puppet using Baltar greed as motivation. :confused:

braxiss March 11th, 2004 07:36 AM

welcome to the fleet, you'll have alot of fun here.

as far as baltar goes he was a member of the council of 12, i,m not sure if he ever commanded a battlestar. anyone else know?????

gmd3d March 11th, 2004 09:26 AM

thanks for the welcome

thanks for the welcome "braxiss" :) it's a great site and have spent a lot of time looking around. Looks friendly :salute: it good to be aboard.

As I said, I am a long time fan of Galactica and it great to finally have an outlet to be able to chat with people with similar interests. :warrior:

Dawg March 11th, 2004 10:15 AM

Welcome to the Fleets, Potemkin.

You pose an interesting question, whether Baltar commanded a battlestar. In the Council scene at the start of Saga, President Adar did say something about the Council members "returning to your battlestars", if memory serves. Whether or not they actually commanded those battlestars was never clear. Of course, we know Adama commanded his.

This might make a good discussion.

Have fun!

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

thomas7g March 11th, 2004 02:34 PM

Welcome to the Fleets, Potempkin!

I think evey member of the Council had their own battlestar, but I think baltar refered to himself as a "liason." So he probably has a ship, but not a battlestar. It may have been a small ship that sat in the Atlantia bay while the meeting went on.

:D

gmd3d March 12th, 2004 09:41 AM

That sound right thanks I had forgotten that part,I do remember Baltar saying that he was surprised that the Cylon chose to pick hime to be a "liason" to the council of the twelve. :warrior:
thanks

your art is really great thomas7g had a look at your site :thumbsup:

thomas7g March 12th, 2004 11:04 AM

Thank you kindly , sir!

I really appreciate feedback on my art. Its the ambrosia we artists live on!

:D