Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Knowing the Art and BSG (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1671)

Muffit December 13th, 2002 11:01 PM

Knowing the Art and BSG

Has this happened to you? You are sitting in a plush auditorium, inundated with the luxurious sound of the symphony, happy to be among others that like it too, when there is a pause that seems like the end of the piece, and you begin clapping, thinking naïvely that it's over. And you are the only one clapping. Seconds later the piece resumes and you feel, oh so humiliated. Clearly to everyone, you don't know the art of the music. It has happened to me.

Or you are at an opera, and around you people are weeping and laughing as the music swells and the singer moves them beyond words. But you are not moved, because you do not speak Italian, and you don't know the story, which is the art of the opera.

Battlestar moved us in 1978 and it moves us today. Something inside us is touched and we are taken to a place where their plight is our plight, and their story is our story. Some people don't get it, and that confuses us, because for this at least, we /know/ the art of the piece.

Wouldn't it be wonderful, if someone were reviving BSG, and they knew the art of the characters, the art of the themes, the art of the piece. Knew it as we do, letting the music swell inside them and take them to that place.

It's awfully lonely clapping by yourself.

:muffit:

Senmut September 5th, 2003 10:33 PM

Would RDM and his ilk even grasp such feelings, Muffit? I think not. You have to have Human sensitivities, and I believe it has been demonstrated that he does not.

oldwardaggit September 6th, 2003 04:59 AM

Great post as always muffit. I still think you should write a book. I would buy it. :)

OWD

Muffit September 6th, 2003 09:51 AM

Hi Senmut! :)

And thank you so much OWD! :) Btw, I kind of have a book now, with many, many thanks to Warrior. If interested, please go to:

(Oops! Site isn't open yet! My bad...) Edited by me

Wish I had a compendium of all your jokes OWD! You always make me happy no matter what my day is like... :)

radama September 6th, 2003 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Muffit
Hi Senmut! :)

And thank you so much OWD! :) Btw, I kind of have a book now, with many, many thanks to Warrior. If interested, please go to:

(Oops! Site isn't open yet! My bad...) Edited by me

Wish I had a compendium of all your jokes OWD! You always make me happy no matter what my day is like... :)

Well for what its worth,at least those who clicked on the link,before the edit got a look at a beautiful new site and actually a companion piece to this site.A really beautiful site.Can't wait for it to open for real!

Muffit September 6th, 2003 01:07 PM

Sorry about the edit Radama! Glad you like the site! Will let you know when it's really open. :) I was too excited and jumped the gun. :bounce:

amberstar September 6th, 2003 07:59 PM

I enjoy your stories too along with the beaver jokes.
Too bad I'm late, I didn't get to see the site. Let us know when you open it again, I would love to see it!

Muffit September 7th, 2003 10:41 AM

Thanks Amberstar! Will do! :)

shiningstar September 7th, 2003 08:30 PM

Nice post Muffit

Muffit September 7th, 2003 10:27 PM

Thanks Shiningstar! :)

jewels September 8th, 2003 08:29 AM

He's got everything muffit! Yea!!!!!! What a grand idea!!

Muffit September 8th, 2003 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jewels
He's got everything muffit! Yea!!!!!! What a grand idea!!
:D

Thanks over and over Warrior :). You are truly the best! And thank you too Jewels!

cobrastrikelead September 8th, 2003 01:41 PM

Muffitt Makes Sense

As Per Usual.

Muffit September 8th, 2003 07:09 PM

Thanks Cobrastrikeleader! :)