Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Entertainment (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Spare me! Tom Cruise as Ironman? (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5828)

Darth Marley January 7th, 2004 07:58 AM

Spare me! Tom Cruise as Ironman?

Just overheard on FoxNews.

Tom Cruise is "facinated" by the Marvel comics character,and is looking for a script so he can play the role.

Maybe Ironman will find love on a real train.

vectrex70 January 7th, 2004 10:52 PM

If you had a choice, what actor would you like to see play Iron Man?

Darth Marley January 7th, 2004 10:58 PM

I have no preference.

I just don't like Cruise.

He should find an L. Ron Hubbard story like Travolta did.

thomas7g January 8th, 2004 02:05 AM

I hope they don't repeat the problems of the Wild Wild West Remake...

Darth Marley January 8th, 2004 08:46 AM

Cartman voice; "Wiid,wild west...wiki,wiki, scratch."

bsg1fan1975 January 8th, 2004 12:58 PM

Tom Cruise is a good actor but I just can't see him playing that role!

Proximo January 8th, 2004 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darth Marley
I have no preference.

I just don't like Cruise.

He should find an L. Ron Hubbard story like Travolta did.

Wouldn't that kind of ruin his career?

Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

Quoshara January 11th, 2004 10:26 AM

Tom Cruise has been in some wonderful movies... I just don't think they were wonderful because he was in them. They were wonderful to begin with... he just made good career choices. *s*

I would much rather see a relative unknown play Ironman... preferably someone who looks over 25... since, as I recall, the Character was in his middle 30's at least when he started his career.... (Yes, I know Cruise is older.... but he has such a young face.)

Raymar3d January 18th, 2004 06:45 PM

For Tony Stark....

Bruce Campbell from the Evil Dead movies.... :)

bsg1fan1975 January 21st, 2004 04:29 AM

Now there is a guy I could see playing that role. Another one I cannot see playing Iron Man is Ben Affleck. I cannot stand him!

oldwardaggit January 22nd, 2004 03:53 PM

Apparently, either can Jen. LOL

Bruce Campbell is one of my favorite actors and he is under rated just as Tony Todd, another one of my favorite actors.

I must say though, Tom Cruise Surprised me with what he did in Interview with a Vampire.

Well who ever it is, just let the movie open with the song Iron Man from Black Sabbath and that will set an a$$ kicking tone.

OWD

Rickyrod70 January 24th, 2004 06:15 PM

More frightening news I read somewhere that Matt Damon is also interested. When I remember where I found that I'll post the link.

bsg1fan1975 January 29th, 2004 12:37 PM

Ugh to that one too!

Give me Bruce Campbell anyday over those other turkeys!

JLHurley January 29th, 2004 01:13 PM

I hate to say it, but Cruise as Iron Man sounds a lot more believable than Johnny Depp as Lex Luthor. Read it here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=3203

(Sorry if the link doesn't work; I suck at that...)

octagon January 29th, 2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vectrex70
If you had a choice, what actor would you like to see play Iron Man?
Pierce Brosnan.

Tom Cruise plays the same character in every movie. "Cocky"{insert role here}. One of the most overrated actors in history imo.

callsignfalcon February 14th, 2004 11:20 AM

well we don't have to worry about ben affleck... wasn't he Dare Devil? ...I liked Dare Devil and Affleck was alright in it... but I don't like him. Tom cruise as the Ironman?! no way! no no no no no! it just doesn't seem right!

jonahlee February 21st, 2004 03:36 PM

No, no more Affleck! I thought he ruined Daredevil! The only thing I likes was the effects of his vision. Since when could Daredevil jump off of 3 story buildings and land on his feet? He was athletic , but not superhuman in anything but his senses.

Personally I think they should have done the FALL OF DAREDEVIL, and started the movie with Hell's Kitchen burning, and he is fighting a government agent who is hopped up on drugs on top of a building, then go into the backstory of his ex-girlfriend as a heroin addict who sold his identity to Kingpin, and Kingpin systematically destroyed his entire life. Now that would have been good!

As for Iron Man I am not sure. I know I don't want Tom Cruise. His idea of dark is his character in The Last Samurai and to me that isn't an alcoholic rich man with a bad heart. He has no range. Not sure who I would want, but certainly someone older.

And in related Super Hero news, I wonder how Christopher Nolan's Batman will be? It is cool that it will more of a year one, but I am not sure about Christian Bale. I liked him in EQUILIBRIUM (though I think I am one of liek 5 people who saw that film) but I am not sure about him for Batman. Of course I thought Michael Keaton was the best of the previous Batmans so...

Raymar3d July 22nd, 2004 08:50 PM

Mike Tyson.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!