Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica and Fleets News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A suggestion (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11756)

Breea September 1st, 2005 04:56 PM

A suggestion

To all my fellow BSG fans..both of the old and new series.. I would like to amke a suggestion if i could. there has been times when we've had our dissagreements but i would love to see us all work together at this time.

I don't know how many fans have been uprooted and their lives disrupted by Katrina but i would love to see all of us.......from all BSG fandoms and sites to work together and help out what ever way we can...Perhaps to start a disaster fund for our BSG extended families..Any ideas you have would be great...I know it may be hard to do but i think in the long run it might just help bring us all together...working to gether for the good of our fan base..Just an idea i wanted to theo out to everybody.
Breea

Gemini1999 September 1st, 2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breea
To all my fellow BSG fans..both of the old and new series.. I would like to amke a suggestion if i could. there has been times when we've had our dissagreements but i would love to see us all work together at this time.

I don't know how many fans have been uprooted and their lives disrupted by Katrina but i would love to see all of us.......from all BSG fandoms and sites to work together and help out what ever way we can...Perhaps to start a disaster fund for our BSG extended families..Any ideas you have would be great...I know it may be hard to do but i think in the long run it might just help bring us all together...working to gether for the good of our fan base..Just an idea i wanted to theo out to everybody.
Breea

Breea -

You don't know how on target your thinking is at this very moment....

Keep your eyes open for an announcement.

Bryan

BST September 1st, 2005 05:07 PM

:up:

What he said.

Breea,

:salute:

BST :)

julix September 1st, 2005 05:19 PM

cool :D great idea

Sept17th September 1st, 2005 06:15 PM

http://www.networkforgood.org/topics...HOO&cmpgn=NEWS

This site is the donating portal I got from Yahoo. I will donate two or three hundred dollars by weeks end, I'm waiting on my checking account balance...that's right I bank in Biloxi MS.

ff_a_r8hrefefef September 1st, 2005 07:57 PM

That is a very worthy goal, although you might want to do it through more formal channels than a non for profit website that just appears on the internet all of a sudden and asks for your credit card, redcross and salvation army could be good choices if you want to give money to them even if it is still ove r the internet it isn't as bad as a non for profit that has a bucnh of pop ip adds on their page and might not be as good a place to donate as a better place might be better at :thumbsup:

Good goal though :thumbsup: :thumbsup: All Around :thumbsup: I salute you :Nsalute:

BST September 1st, 2005 08:03 PM

ff_a_r8hrefefef,

Thanks for your input and welcome to Colonial Fleets.

ff_a_r8hrefefef September 1st, 2005 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BST
ff_a_r8hrefefef,

Thanks for your input and welcome to Colonial Fleets.

you're welcome :Nsalute:

Breea September 2nd, 2005 02:49 PM

Bryan,
Sent you an e-mail..must have gotten accidently deleted from my end...Just wanted to say I hope that I didn't over step my boundaries with this suggestion.It probably wasn't my place to say any thing..Sorry.
Breea

BST September 2nd, 2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Bryan,
Sent you an e-mail..must have gotten accidently deleted from my end...Just wanted to say I hope that I didn't over step my boundaries with this suggestion.It probably wasn't my place to say any thing..Sorry.
Breea

Breea,

I'm not Bryan but, I did want to answer your concerns.

You did absolutely nothing wrong by suggesting this. In fact, you did something very, very right - your thoughts were of those less fortunate and in dire need of assistance. What Bryan alluded to, should come into full view this evening. Sorry to be so secretive about this as it is not intentional but, we have been, as Elmer Fudd would say, "vewy, vewy busy"!

:D

I hope that you'll be proud of what we did. :)

BST

Breea September 2nd, 2005 03:00 PM

I've never been anything but proud of everyone here at CF. I know what ever you all come up with will be great.

BST September 2nd, 2005 03:11 PM

Thank you, dear. :)

Dawg September 2nd, 2005 08:50 PM

Breea:

How's this?

http://www.forums.colonialfleets.com...ad.php?t=11765

;)

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Darrell Lawrence September 2nd, 2005 09:13 PM

...or www.colonialfleets.com Cover page?

...or www.colonialfleets.com/home.php Home page?

...or www.colonialfleets.com/rss/ The RSS page (for our RSS Feed)?

;)

Breea September 3rd, 2005 05:09 AM

I'm very proud of the work that each and everyone of you did to pull this together....Let's all contribute all that we can and show the world that sci-fi fans are among the most caring and compassionate people around. Something that I've known for a long time.
Breea

Gemini1999 September 3rd, 2005 08:34 PM

Quote:

Bryan,
Breea

Breea -

Sorry, haven't been around much the last couple of days..... No worries about the post or the PM - I thought that it was nice that your heart was big enough to embrace those suffering in the Gulf Coast. That kind of posting is always appreciated!

Best,
Bryan

Breea September 3rd, 2005 11:42 PM

Thank you Bryan.
Breea