Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica and Fleets News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Forums Working (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17495)

Darrell Lawrence May 15th, 2010 09:53 PM

Forums Working

The Forums are working again. If you see ANY errors, please report them here.

Punisher454 May 16th, 2010 01:55 AM

Re: Forums Working

Great to see the site back up. But it seems I cannot attach files properly.
The paperclip icon is missing in the message editor, and when I try to upload files it gives me an error saying there is a file upload error.
Hope that helps.

Punisher454 May 16th, 2010 02:08 AM

It seems a lot of attached images are gone in the artwork in progress forums, probably elsewhere too.

gmd3d May 16th, 2010 03:56 AM

The pre-defined images to use as a avatar are not working as I tried using Firefox (don´t know if that make a difference but I thought I say so anyway) .

I was able to upload my own no problem..

I hope we have not lost the images for good :(.. Steve Wilson´s work should be persevered if possible.

LZaza May 16th, 2010 10:18 AM

I've tried to upload my avatar with no success a few times now. I even tried an alternate to see if that was the problem. It just keeps reading "upload of file failed".

LZaza May 16th, 2010 10:19 AM

Lo and behold . . . there it is!

Weird.

Athene May 16th, 2010 12:38 PM

Glad to see the forums working again. :salute:

CBSG4ever May 16th, 2010 12:45 PM

My custom Avatar was missing as well. Apparently, those of us that have a custom avatar will have to reload them. When reloading my avatar it stated the same for me too, Lisa. It did load up though. So glad Fleets is up and running. :salute:

LZaza May 16th, 2010 12:59 PM

Good to know, Steve! Thanks. Thought it was the computer Gods conspiring against me once again.

Ah hah! She thinks she's beat . . . now let's upload her avatar to really confuse her! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!

Athene May 16th, 2010 01:12 PM

My custom avatar was missing too. :cry:
I was able to reload it with no problem.
Me thinks a Cylon got hold of the site....yikes! :blink: ;) :D

Athene May 16th, 2010 01:16 PM

I noticed TOK is down at the moment. :?:
Is CF now on a different server? Just wondering. :/:

Dawg May 16th, 2010 02:29 PM

We're all on a different server now.

The forums at TOK are down because of an issue with the SQL database being properly migrated. I just got home and haven't checked, but as of 2 hours ago they were working on it.

I have also been working to restore the main TOK site. It's not hard, but it is time-consuming and I had a birthday party for a 3-year-old to attend among other weekend obligations. I expect the Laurette Spang site to be up in the next day or so as well, thanks entirely to Warrior's tireless efforts.

Oh - and for the record - Go, Melodie!

(That was a personal aside.)

So thanks for your patience and we'll all be back up and running soon.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Darrell Lawrence May 16th, 2010 04:03 PM

Thanks for the heads up, everyone. The Av and Attachments and so forth are all going to be related as far as uploading. I'll fix that here shortly.

As for the images that WERE here already.... they will need to be re-uploaded.

Everything that was on this particular server was wiped out EXCEPT the databases. Thank god for that at least!

I have a particular website that takes priority over all others at the moment though. Soon as I get it fixed, then I'll start in on all the others that need work.

ToK, if I am understanding things correctly, should be up and running very shortly, since I already re-uploaded it's forums. it was just waiting for the database.

BST May 16th, 2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 300669)
Thanks for the heads up, everyone. The Av and Attachments and so forth are all going to be related as far as uploading. I'll fix that here shortly.

As for the images that WERE here already.... they will need to be re-uploaded.

Everything that was on this particular server was wiped out EXCEPT the databases. Thank god for that at least!

I have a particular website that takes priority over all others at the moment though. Soon as I get it fixed, then I'll start in on all the others that need work.

ToK, if I am understanding things correctly, should be up and running very shortly, since I already re-uploaded it's forums. it was just waiting for the database.

:wtf:

Oh, my head hurts now.

Darrell Lawrence May 16th, 2010 05:47 PM

Mine too, Pete.... mine too. We can get together a bit later, because certain images will need to be re-uploaded via the FTP.

Guess what? All the meshes/models are gone too!

Oh. All of my sites are back in operation now, and ToK's forums are in operation now.

Damocles May 17th, 2010 02:10 AM

Scroll bar "New Posts" hotspot directs to:

Quote:

Database error
The Colonial Fleets database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.colonialfleets.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.colonialfleets.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

gmd3d May 17th, 2010 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 300675)

Guess what? All the meshes/models are gone too!

pity about that . there were some great models there ... there is one of stevew models of the Galactica on Foundation3d that could be reloaded when the downloads are working again .....

is there a list of them .. I might have some models on some disc. apart from Daved Kerins models as they where Max I never downloaded them ..

I will also reload my landing bay and Celestra model when your ready :salute::salute:

Darrell Lawrence May 17th, 2010 01:43 PM

Taranis, I can upload the scripts for the Downloads and Gallery. The info on files is in the database. that's reveal the file name. The files themselves, however, are not.

CaptainHawke May 17th, 2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 300665)
We're all on a different server now.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Whatever server you're on better be physically wherever you are. I hate relying on people to work on my equipment. That's why my server is in my basement.

Darrell Lawrence May 17th, 2010 07:07 PM

Not everyone can afford a server.

Punisher454 May 17th, 2010 07:49 PM

just out of curiosity what is the aproximate total storage requirement for colonial fleets?

LZaza May 17th, 2010 07:52 PM

About 220 ships . . . :rotf:

Darrell Lawrence May 17th, 2010 07:55 PM

^^^ :LOL: ^^^

Seriously though... a couple/few GB minimum.

CBSG4ever May 17th, 2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LZaza (Post 300700)
About 220 ships . . . :rotf:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:
That was a good one Lisa...almost as good as "Dawg tired" at BGClub. :D :salute:

LZaza May 17th, 2010 11:06 PM

Oh oh . . . someone shares my sense of humour. Now we're in trouble. :cool:

CaptainHawke May 18th, 2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 300698)
Not everyone can afford a server.

Any regular computer box with halfway decent specs can be a server.

Darrell Lawrence May 18th, 2010 10:28 AM

My PC has way too many other uses.

Athene May 20th, 2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 300723)
My PC has way too many other uses.

I hear ya, I hear ya...:D

I was also wondering...are the files backed up? I know it's a lot of files for this site...but I was just curious...

Darrell Lawrence May 20th, 2010 12:21 PM

Everything *except* certain images and models other users have submitted for the gallery and downloads AND attached to posts.

jjrakman May 21st, 2010 05:59 AM

I'm guessing this means that all the uploads in the My Collections sections are frakked?