Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica and Fleets News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So... What Happened? (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18771)

Darrell Lawrence August 29th, 2018 04:34 PM

So... What Happened?

http://www.colonialfleets.com/images/phoenix.jpgHello, everyone.

First off, let me apologize for Fleets having disappeared.

Personal life's issues got in the way big time, and at the key moment in time that the hosting bills needed paid, I had no friggin' internet.

By the time I was able to get back online, it was too late. I was seriously considering just leaving things as they were, until I realized the domain name was still good until September of next year, PLUS a very persistent fellow you know as ernie.

I went through my HD and found the most recent database back-up I had was from FOUR years ago. The hosting server no longer had a "recent" back-up, nor any of the web content (images, files, etc).

So everything that is present NOW is what I had on my HD from back then.

...oye.

Again, my apologies.

Darrell

P.S. And yes, the last 4 years are really gone. I *have* looked at many possible solutions, hoping something would be somewhere, but alas, it is not to be.

All we can do is move forward and rebuild.

So please, if you have stuff from the last four years and it's not already here, re-post it. If you have missing attachments, please re-add them.

Matador August 29th, 2018 05:28 PM

Re: So... What Happened?

Really happy that the sites back up. I was so bummed when I was unable to visit.

Titon August 29th, 2018 06:58 PM

Life throws a monkey wrench into a lot of things. Good to see the place back.

Galactifan August 30th, 2018 02:14 AM

“By Your Command”. :)

jewels August 30th, 2018 03:08 AM

Glad to see it back up. Was worried about you with all the fires near Yosemite.

Darrell Lawrence August 30th, 2018 07:42 PM

BTW, if you (everyone!) hadn't noticed, there is a Bad Email link at the top of each page. If you (everyone!) or someone you (everyone!) know are on it, please attempt to get that fixed.

Senmut August 30th, 2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence (Post 314537)
Hello, everyone.

First off, let me apologize for Fleets having disappeared.

Personal life's issues got in the way big time, and at the key moment in time that the hosting bills needed paid, I had no friggin' internet.

By the time I was able to get back online, it was too late. I was seriously considering just leaving things as they were, until I realized the domain name was still good until September of next year, PLUS a very persistent fellow you know as ernie.

I went through my HD and found the most recent database back-up I had was from FOUR years ago. The hosting server no longer had a "recent" back-up, nor any of the web content (images, files, etc).

So everything that is present NOW is what I had on my HD from back then.

...oye.

Again, my apologies.

Darrell

P.S. And yes, the last 4 years are really gone. I *have* looked at many possible solutions, hoping something would be somewhere, but alas, it is not to be.

All we can do is move forward and rebuild.

So please, if you have stuff from the last four years and it's not already here, re-post it. If you have missing attachments, please re-add them.

It's out there. In the Void. It will settle on Kobol, just look in the Tomb of the 9th Lord.
Gotta be there!

Rhaven Blaack September 2nd, 2018 03:42 PM

I would like to raise my challase :beer:, and make a toast! I am very happy to see this site up and running again.
Thank you all who had a hand in making this happen. I have an idea of what it was like. Back in 2013, the site that I am an administrator for, was having problems. We had to move the site to a whole other platform. I spent a great deal of time reconfiguring and uploading everything in the resource (download) section.
Once again, thank you very much for all of your hard work, energy, time and effort that you put into this!

Benedict September 4th, 2018 01:10 PM

Glad to see this place has returned. I joined the FB group but it's no real substitute for here. Thank you for the hard work and indeed, here's to more years to come.

Senmut September 4th, 2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack (Post 314592)
I would like to raise my challase ........

It's spelled "chalice". From the Greek kylix.

Darrell Lawrence September 4th, 2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 314607)
It's spelled "chalice". From the Greek kylix.

But on the 10th Colony of Man, it is indeed "challase".

:P:

Senmut September 5th, 2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence (Post 314610)
But on the 10th Colony of Man, it is indeed "challase".

:P:

Actually, that's a highly illegal perfume, from Cordugo Pit.
CHALLASE # 5

Darrell Lawrence September 5th, 2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 314616)
Actually, that's a highly illegal perfume, from Cordugo Pit.
CHALLASE # 5

That's the 3rd Colony.

Lighthope December 12th, 2018 07:59 PM

/cry

Hey, if you need hosting, I can host it for free. You just need to pay for the domain name.

Bandit82ABN February 27th, 2019 12:14 PM

Wow! Fleets is back. I thought you bailed after Richard Hatch died in 2017. Surprised nobody brought it up, but then, I guess no point.

LZaza June 9th, 2019 08:10 AM

I received a message from Fleets yesterday for my Bday (thanks, btw). I had actually thought before that that the site was gone and hadn't heard it was back up and running.

I'm still having a lot of "Internal server errors" when I
try to navigate the site and when I looked at "the list" to see if my membership had been deactivated, I got a message that I didn't have access to it.

But at least now, after clicking repeatedly on "the Forum" and going back and forth between error messages and my own determination, I seem to be able to post.

lonewriter July 15th, 2019 12:41 PM

I am so happy to see this site back. I missed you guys and I could not find the Viper landing gear anywhere Since I was here last, I had a heart attack so I have not been doing any 3d work until recently. I just want to say thanks for getting this site back and if I can do anything let me know.

lonewriter July 15th, 2019 12:43 PM

sorry for the double post.

JLHurley July 20th, 2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewriter (Post 314983)
I am so happy to see this site back. I missed you guys and I could not find the Viper landing gear anywhere Since I was here last, I had a heart attack so I have not been doing any 3d work until recently. I just want to say thanks for getting this site back and if I can do anything let me know.

I thought Colonial Fleets was gone for good but just couldn't bring myself to delete the link. One day I gave it a try and BAM there I was again on patrol. :salute:

I don't post much and there isn't much activity here but I really appreciate CF. Hope it's around for many, many yahrens to come.

lonewriter July 21st, 2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHurley (Post 314987)
I thought Colonial Fleets was gone for good but just couldn't bring myself to delete the link. One day I gave it a try and BAM there I was again on patrol. :salute:

I don't post much and there isn't much activity here but I really appreciate CF. Hope it's around for many, many yahrens to come.

I did the same thing, I couldn't bring myself to delete the link. Every once in a while I'd click on it and usually nothing would happen but the other day it came on and I was thrilled.:yikes: I went to the download section and got the landing gear and a few other meshes. I'm planning a BSG render soon with some great Battlestars from tan.j and a great Cylon Baseship fighting Vipers and Raptors with Coloinal One stuck in the middle. I luckily saved most of every Galactica mesh some aren't even online anymore like Aldric.K Battlestar Pegasus.

Mizrael September 17th, 2021 11:25 AM

Wow. I had deleted my link ages ago, and today I got an email saying ya'll were back. Sorry to hear the personal struggles, but glad you got through them.