Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I do (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13041)

amberstar June 8th, 2006 04:09 AM

I do

I have some wonderful news I want to share with all my friends here.......

Kevin and I will be getting married august 5th! We've finally set the date :D

I have so much planning to do, I can't believe I've found the one I'll be spending the rest of my life with.

Gemini1999 June 8th, 2006 06:19 AM

Amber -

Sweetie, let me be one of the first at CF to congratulate you on the upcoming nuptuals! Kevin's a lucky guy and I'm sure that you'll be very happy together.

Woo hoo!

Best always,
Bryan

Dawg June 8th, 2006 07:23 AM

Wonderful! :bounce::bounce:

Many congratulations and felicitations and lots of other big words!

;)

Mrs. Dawg and I are happy for you, amber - we wish the best of everything to you!

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

KamikazeAthena June 8th, 2006 07:43 AM

WOW! Fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS!

My heartfelt wishes are with both of you for the very best!
Diane

ernie90125 June 8th, 2006 07:59 AM

Congratulations

bsg1fan1975 June 8th, 2006 08:56 AM

Congrats!

Charybdis June 8th, 2006 09:45 AM

Big hearty congrats! And on the BEST day of the year, Aug. 5th (that's my birthday!)....

spcglider June 8th, 2006 01:30 PM

Awww. c'mon. You don't wanna go and do THAT do you?? I mean really. Marriage is just a contract that states you'll only have sex with one person for the rest of your life. What's the point in THAT? What if you're making a mistake? What if things turn out poorly? What if?

I"M JOKING!!!! JUST JOKING!!!!

Best of all wishes to you in marriage. Truly.

Two little things to remember:

1) Everyone will say "this is YOUR day dear..." but what they mean is, "shut up and do what your relatives will expect and won't embarrass your parents."

and

2) In any given situation, YOU are the flexible one.

Remember these things and all will be well.

-Gordon

BST June 8th, 2006 01:45 PM

Amber,

I had this great speech all prepared and then,.......the cat ate it. That's right, the cat, not the dog, the cat.

So, I guess I'm just going to wing it!

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.
May you and Kevin have many wonderful years together.

Seems like "almost heaven" just got a little more heavenly.

:bounce:

BST

jewels June 8th, 2006 05:11 PM

Congratulations.

And don't worry if 2 weeks out from the wedding you are having a stress-out/second thoughts time--it tends to go with the planning pressures of the wedding.

Jewels

Darrell Lawrence June 8th, 2006 05:26 PM

That snap you just heard was my heart breaking.... ;)

Kevin is one lucky guy!

Congrats to you both, and may the journey of holy matrimony bring you happiness for the rest of your lives :)

amberstar June 8th, 2006 05:40 PM

Thank you all so much.....I wish all of you could come, you know over the years you've become like a family to me. :heart:

StarshipTrooper June 8th, 2006 07:59 PM

Hi,

Woo Hoo! Congratulations to you and yours, amberstar.

:thumbsup: :corona: :beer: :muffit: :star:

Regards,

Nathan

martok2112 June 9th, 2006 02:01 AM

Congrats, Amberstar. :)

That echo you heard was my heart breaking too. :D

Lara June 9th, 2006 04:00 AM

hey we need a wedding cake icon in the collection!! :D

Congratultions, may the two of you enjoy many wonderful years together, growing closer as you walk a common path in life...

Cheers,
Lara

Sept17th June 9th, 2006 11:33 AM

Wonderful news, congratulations have thought of honeymoon plans yet?

amberstar June 10th, 2006 10:54 AM

Thank you everyone for your well wishes :heart:

Awww Steve, you'll always be my Starbuck ;)

Honeymoon...........we're thinking about renting a cabin in the Smokey Mts. somewhere close to Dolly Wood.

julix June 10th, 2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amberstar
Thank you everyone for your well wishes :heart:

Awww Steve, you'll always be my Starbuck ;)

Honeymoon...........we're thinking about renting a cabin in the Smokey Mts. somewhere close to Dolly Wood.

Sis..........Steve is "our" Starbuck!!!!! Remember that! No my!.............OURS!!! LOL
With all these hearts breaking Sis it reminds me that when you are married or about to be married the guys are comming out of the woodwork but when you are single you can't find em ;)

martok2112 June 10th, 2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julix
Sis..........Steve is "our" Starbuck!!!!! Remember that! No my!.............OURS!!! LOL
With all these hearts breaking Sis it reminds me that when you are married or about to be married the guys are comming out of the woodwork but when you are single you can't find em ;)

There's plenty o' this Starbuck to go 'round. :D
:heart: :rose:

((((((((((((AMBERSTAR, JULIX))))))))))))))))))))

Darrell Lawrence June 10th, 2006 02:57 PM

...uhhh Not true. I'm single. Looking. But all the ladies *aren't* responding to my looking :LOL:

They want something else, like millionaires (or higher), buffed out studs who have no package due to steroid usages, etc. They want public eyecandy, not a relationship :(
Quote:

martok2112 June 10th, 2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior

They want something else, like millionaires (or higher), buffed out studs who have no package due to steroid usages, etc. They want public eyecandy, not a relationship :(

On that, I'd have to agree. I mean, hell, I'm a singer in a rock band, and I don't get very much attention either...at least long term. Sure, chicks look at me, and occasionally oogle me, but it doesn't go much beyond that. So, there must be something wrong with me.

Then again, I ain't exactly looking either. I just go up, do my job, and go home.

Then again and again, I ain't exactly looking for marriage either. I'm living the dream for now. :)

Martok2112

amberstar June 10th, 2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112
On that, I'd have to agree. I mean, hell, I'm a singer in a rock band, and I don't get very much attention either...at least long term. Sure, chicks look at me, and occasionally oogle me, but it doesn't go much beyond that. So, there must be something wrong with me.

Then again, I ain't exactly looking either. I just go up, do my job, and go home.

Then again and again, I ain't exactly looking for marriage either. I'm living the dream for now. :)

Martok2112

BEWARE my friend........ I had given up and wasn't looking either, I worked , went home, and was happy just being MOM.......and that's exactly when it happened! :rotf:

amberstar June 10th, 2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

LOL.......so true we can share him :D

:heart:"Our Starbuck" :heart:

I've noticed the other too;)

julix June 10th, 2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

...uhhh Not true. I'm single. Looking. But all the ladies *aren't* responding to my looking :LOL:

I am not sure if my analogy is for men...............just noticed as a women that is what happened. There are a lot of people these days caught up in material and surface things.........very sad :( Ambs is right when you are not looking is when you find it!

Darrell Lawrence June 10th, 2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

IAmbs is right when you are not looking is when you find it!

She was talking to Steve though :LOL:

jjrakman June 11th, 2006 12:51 AM

Well congratulations to you.

For myself, I will stick red hot pokers in my eyes before I say I do.

martok2112 June 11th, 2006 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjrakman
Well congratulations to you.

For myself, I will stick red hot pokers in my eyes before I say I do.

Probably the same policy I have, JJ. :D (but I need my eyes to play videogames, so I shall have to think of some other method of masochism in the event of threatened matrimony) :D

It has been statistically proven that marriage is the number one cause of divorce. :D

Irreverently,
Martok2112

julix June 11th, 2006 06:36 AM

Quote:

She was talking to Steve though :LOL:

and you too!!!!! ;) :D

cobrastrikelead June 20th, 2006 08:25 AM

Congratulations, Best Wishes, Lots of Happiness,

couldn't happen to a nicer person, Many,Many, Especially Happy Yahrens Ahead...

bsg1fan1975 June 28th, 2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

I am not sure if my analogy is for men...............just noticed as a women that is what happened. There are a lot of people these days caught up in material and surface things.........very sad :( Ambs is right when you are not looking is when you find it!

Amen Julix! That was me a long time ago till fate stepped in three years ago and I met my other half. I just celebrated my second anniversary on the 12th.

Amber,

a word of advice to you. Don't let anyone tell you what you should do or wear for your wedding and stick to your guns when it comes to telling your bridesmaids and maid/matron of honor what color dress you want them to wear. I had that problem and the only one the did as I wished was my baby sis. Remember, its your day and you make the rules, not someone else.