Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica and Fleets News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica Movie News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18679)

bsg1fan1975 April 15th, 2014 02:20 AM

Re: Battlestar Galactica Movie News

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewels (Post 313904)
Honestly, I think anyone in this fandom has a right to be a little cynical, or even a lot cynical about this.

You hit the nail on the head. We have had our hopes built up so many times to have them dashed. I've gotten to the point that when talk about Galactica surfaces, I don't even let it bother me.

Jayworld April 15th, 2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975 (Post 313905)
You hit the nail on the head. We have had our hopes built up so many times to have them dashed. I've gotten to the point that when talk about Galactica surfaces, I don't even let it bother me.

I can totally understand this view, especially when the fandom has been jerked around by the cancellation of the Fox pilot (DeSanto), then an abrupt 180 to the reimagination and ignoring of original fandom (us). Then to see the on-again, off again promise of a new movie… and with all the teasing (such as the basic premise of the PS2/XBox BG game, etc.). Colonial Fan Force, etc. It's been a long ride.

Having said that, I still remain optimistic and check these boards often (and contribute when I can) and check online for new movie info.

I can't help it, I LOVE Battlestar Galactica (the original, classic series) and always will….

Apolloisall April 15th, 2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 313906)
I can't help it, I LOVE Battlestar Galactica (the original, classic series) and always will….

Right there with ya!

I'll give anything new a chance, but my heart belongs to TOS Galactica.:salute:
THE BEST SPACE OPERA EVER.

Mushies all around!:rotf:

Senmut April 15th, 2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 313906)
I can totally understand this view, especially when the fandom has been jerked around by the cancellation of the Fox pilot (DeSanto), then an abrupt 180 to the reimagination and ignoring of original fandom (us). Then to see the on-again, off again promise of a new movie… and with all the teasing (such as the basic premise of the PS2/XBox BG game, etc.). Colonial Fan Force, etc. It's been a long ride.

Having said that, I still remain optimistic and check these boards often (and contribute when I can) and check online for new movie info.

Totally, on one and three. I however do not have any optimism. H'Wood is full of boray astrums who think they are semi-divine visionaries, who see and know all, while we fans are the Great Unwashed, grovelling at the foot of Olympus, for any scrap they happen to TOS our way.
Hhrummphhff!

Darrell Lawrence April 16th, 2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titon (Post 313882)
I have always said if they cannot do it right do not do it at all!

Don, by your words right there, the last "image" of BSG would be the 2003 mini and series.

I do not want that.

I want them to make this, good or bad, as I said. If it's good, great. if not, then let the last version be the last version, rather than the 2003 stuff to be the last version.

I have a feeling that, with this particular writer and with Glen more involved, we will see something closer to the original rather than the 2003 version.

Will it be good? Who knows. But it WON'T be the 2003 version.

THAT, my friend, is my point. If it's bad, THEN maybe BSG can be left alone, as you want it left alone.

jewels April 17th, 2014 08:56 PM

I get what you are saying. Either do really well or fail miserably so that is the end of it and it reverts to a fan piece.

I still want option A. Just my druthers.

Senmut April 17th, 2014 10:37 PM

Kind of like not having your last meal before hanging. If you don't, then the meal before that one becomes your last meal.

Darrell Lawrence April 18th, 2014 09:53 AM

jewels, option "A" is what I want as well ;)

Senmut, nice analogy :LOL:

Gemini1999 April 23rd, 2014 09:07 PM

I'm with Darrell on this...

This particular project has been a long time coming and we've all wondered what a big budget film version would look like. It's about time we found out. I'll go see it in whatever form it takes. If it's good, then I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it's not, it'll just be another in a long line of failed remakes. In the long run, no film or TV series holds my reason for living in the balance...

PaulGTweed April 24th, 2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewels (Post 313892)
I suggested this over at TOK, but I thought it might generate a little fun musing here too:

What IF it was a reimaging because it told a story during the 1000 yahren war and satisfied Glen's longing to do a Pegasus story: Say it ends with the Pegasus as sole survivor of (I just realized I named the wrong battle at TOK) the destruction of the Fifth Fleet at Molokai. That could even be the cliffhanger: did they or didn't they survive?

From Universal's viewpoint that's a "new" story. From Glen's point: It might be that untold Pegasus story he's been tasting since Lloyd Bridges swaggered onto the Pegasus' deck. For a new generation: it's a spaceship story in the middle of a hotly fought war. Do you think something of that order could work?

One slight problem. Good movie plotline but, without the Battlestar Galactica in the film. It wouldn't be a Battlestar Galactica movie.

Jayworld April 24th, 2014 07:55 AM

Questions:
Would you support/watch the movie if:

1. It is a reboot with the original characters played by different actors (Adama, Apollo, Starbuck, Athena, Baltar, etc.) in the vein of the new Star Trek films

2. It is a reimagination that blends (not sure how that would work) both the original series and the new series

3. It is a new story featuring elements of the original series, such as Jewels referred to in her post on the Pegasus

4. It is a continuation of the original series, set 30 years later, with cameo-to-minor roles for Richard Hatch (Apollo), Dirk Benedict (Starbuck), Herb Jefferson (Boomer), Terry Carter (Tigh), with the main thrust being the younger actors

Darrell Lawrence April 30th, 2014 08:43 PM

Has anyone noticed that anytime there is major Star Wars news, that "Battlestar Galactica movie news" pops up again and again?

bsg1fan1975 May 1st, 2014 03:07 AM

Yes I have and it is always quite amusing to me!

Jayworld May 1st, 2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence (Post 313974)
Has anyone noticed that anytime there is major Star Wars news, that "Battlestar Galactica movie news" pops up again and again?

Well, you do know that Battlestar is a rip-off of Star Wars, right (at least, that's what Lucas thought)….:rotf:

Rhaven Blaack May 1st, 2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 313977)
Well, you do know that Battlestar is a rip-off of Star Wars, right (at least, that's what Lucas thought)….:rotf:

Lucas thinks that EVERYTHING is a rip-off of Star Wars (to include Star Trek).:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Senmut May 1st, 2014 10:30 PM

It's a Cylon plot!

Punisher454 May 1st, 2014 11:16 PM

Come on, everyone knows George Lucas invented science fiction, right? Kinda like Al Gore invented the internet, Apple invented the mouse, and Marconi invented the radio.

Quote:

Lucas thinks that EVERYTHING is a rip-off of Star Wars (to include Star Trek)
I read somewhere that star trek was inspired by Forbidden Planet.

Senmut May 2nd, 2014 12:48 AM

Lucas invented that, too? Wow!

PaulGTweed May 2nd, 2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 313953)
Questions:
Would you support/watch the movie if:

1. It is a reboot with the original characters played by different actors (Adama, Apollo, Starbuck, Athena, Baltar, etc.) in the vein of the new Star Trek films

2. It is a reimagination that blends (not sure how that would work) both the original series and the new series

3. It is a new story featuring elements of the original series, such as Jewels referred to in her post on the Pegasus

4. It is a continuation of the original series, set 30 years later, with cameo-to-minor roles for Richard Hatch (Apollo), Dirk Benedict (Starbuck), Herb Jefferson (Boomer), Terry Carter (Tigh), with the main thrust being the younger actors

1. I would watch. 2. Glen Larson could sell the Galactica:1980 rights to Ron Moore to do an updated TV series that starts after the New York City street scenes with Head Six and Head Gaius Baltar. 3. It would be a Battlestar Pegasus movie unless it takes place after the events of the BSG episode 'The Living Legend'. 4. I would watch.

Darrell Lawrence May 2nd, 2014 11:01 AM

I wasn't kidding though, folks. Seriously... everytime something major happens in the Star Wars universe, the BG movie thing pops up.

On a side note, go to the Gallery and check this out - http://www.colonialfleets.com/galler...s.php?cat_id=8

Look at the year of that. Then tell me what movie came out around that time.

When DeSanto/Singer were connected to the BG project in 2002/2003, guess what sequel had just came out?

In 2005, when DeSanto was still being pushed to do a movie and team up with Larson (just rumors at the time, much like now... didn't really "take off" until 2009 with Singer back involved and DeSanto out), guess what trilogy had its third part in theaters?