Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   The Man at the Top of Universal (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3026)

Sept17th May 8th, 2003 08:12 AM

The Man at the Top of Universal

This apparently is the man at the top here stateside, below CEO Jean-René Fourtou in France.
I read a lot of great posts on this and some other forums please hit print and stuff an envelope and pass some good reading on to this gentleman. Also a board etiquette question, when I read some great well thought out arguments for our cause would it be bad form for me to print these and forward them to Studio executives via snail-mail?

Ron Meyer
President and COO
Universal Studios, Inc.
100 Universal City Plaza
Building 500
Universal City, California, 91608

:cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon:

KJ May 8th, 2003 01:31 PM

Little good that will do when i've fought until we can't fight anymore. Don't get me wrong i agree, i've heard of this guy, it's just that i asked myself how much realistic fighting for galactica can i guy do now?

I'll go down fighting but not foolishly. As fans we've done are part in this revival thing. As for more directions to go in? it up to the individual to decide as a fan how to go about sending mail to a studio now?

KJ

jewels May 8th, 2003 01:53 PM

KJ,
I was disenheartened until I talked to a scaper & general Sci-fi fan. No one he's talked to in the Sci-fi community likes this thing. NO ONE. They are all going "Why mess up Starbuck?"

How does skiffy expect to have anyone watch if the word about it in the sci-fi community is UNIVERSALLY bad? And though it's not her fault, every female over 30 is going to hate Katee. We have too many good memories of Dirk. I've seen some of those smiles ladies & we think alike. ;)

kingfish May 8th, 2003 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jewels
KJ,
I was disenheartened until I talked to a scaper & general Sci-fi fan. No one he's talked to in the Sci-fi community likes this thing. NO ONE. They are all going "Why mess up Starbuck?"

How does skiffy expect to have anyone watch if the word about it in the sci-fi community is UNIVERSALLY bad? And though it's not her fault, every female over 30 is going to hate Katee. We have too many good memories of Dirk. I've seen some of those smiles ladies & we think alike. ;)

After seeing the pics from the production I believe they don't care if anyone watches. The whole point of making a mini is to KEEP the property in their hands. The production is so wacky because they can use NONE of Glens material. This is in name only.

jjrakman May 8th, 2003 08:02 PM

9/17/78,

Is that COO or CEO?

KJ May 8th, 2003 08:09 PM

Please everyone go see my DeSanto post in the discussion boards. I have a last ditch effort in light of this news.

KJ

Sept17th May 8th, 2003 08:17 PM

Re: 9/17/78,

Quote:

Originally posted by jjrakman
Is that COO or CEO?
I believe COO is Chief Operating Officer

Sept17th May 17th, 2003 09:57 AM

Re: The Man at the Top of Universal

Quote:

Originally posted by Sept17th
Also a board etiquette question, when I read some great well thought out arguments for our cause would it be bad form for me to print these and forward them to Studio executives via snail-mail?

:cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon:

A bump if you will and I have not gotten an answer to my question above....

jewels May 17th, 2003 12:10 PM

stuck this for you, Sept. 17th. That addy is important.

but I don't know the answer to the board ettiquette question.

Dawg May 17th, 2003 01:16 PM

Wouldn't it be up to the admins/owners of the forum to decide if the posts could be "reprinted" elsewhere (in this case, in the form of a letter to Meyer)? Or, would it be the posters? Or, would it be both (the most politically correct)?

:z:

*who was that masked man?*

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

kingfish May 17th, 2003 01:19 PM

Each letter should be written individually and signed by the one who writes it. To just send in posts would be foolish. It could look like one person using many handles and we seen what happens there.

AlternityOrange May 17th, 2003 01:28 PM

Quote:

It could look like one person using many handles and we seen what happens there.
Yeah, executive producers walk into board rooms with a handful of letters and say, "See, look at all the support we have, the fans love us. Give us more money!" And the executives do.

Senmut May 25th, 2011 12:29 AM

Re: The Man at the Top of Universal

Sadly, nothing has apparently come of it.