Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   All About Models (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Star Kobol (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17649)

Darrell Lawrence November 30th, 2010 10:05 PM

Star Kobol

Since it was never seen... design it!

Titon December 3rd, 2010 02:59 PM

Re: Star Kobol

I've always wondered about that. So do you figure she was a Battlestar?

Darrell Lawrence December 3rd, 2010 03:06 PM

Nah. I don't think so. I think it was something along the lines of what Steve had modeled, but of a political rather than military slant to it.

Gemini1999 December 3rd, 2010 07:33 PM

I would have thought that it would have been along the lines of the Rising Star, but that's just me. I would think that a starliner with all of those staterooms and club/dining areas would be suitable for a meeting to sign a treaty. Of course, Cylons don't drink, eat, gamble or need sleep, so in this case, maybe not...

Bryan

Darrell Lawrence December 3rd, 2010 07:39 PM

I like the line of thinking in regards to the Rising Star, Bryan.

It's not a Cylon ship, and I am sure the Colonial Gov would have used it for more than just meeting with Cylons, so who knows.

BUT given they were meeting with the Cylons, I'd think it's have at least a little bit of military aspect to it.

Senmut December 4th, 2010 07:02 PM

It was the Atlantia. Like Air Force One, it has a different name when the President is aboard. Like Marine One, Army One, whatever, for the U.S. President.
MAke sense?.

gmd3d December 5th, 2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 302301)

BUT given they were meeting with the Cylons, I'd think it's have at least a little bit of military aspect to it.

I would agree with this line of thinking ...

but to distract from the purpose of the thread . but I always thought that all the ships in colonial space would have been armed anyway given that the war has be going of for a thousand years etc.

light armament most likely,

Darrell Lawrence December 5th, 2010 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 302303)
It was the Atlantia. Like Air Force One, it has a different name when the President is aboard. Like Marine One, Army One, whatever, for the U.S. President.
MAke sense?.

No :)

Air Force One isn't used in combat or armed for combat like the Atlantia was.

Darrell Lawrence December 5th, 2010 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 302309)
I would agree with this line of thinking ...

but to distract from the purpose of the thread . but I always thought that all the ships in colonial space would have been armed anyway given that the war has be going of for a thousand years etc.

light armament most likely,

Colonial Movers, Rising Star, Celestra... were any of those armed? They were in Colonial space ;)

gmd3d December 5th, 2010 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 302311)
Colonial Movers, Rising Star, Celestra... were any of those armed? They were in Colonial space ;)

no at least never shown to be, but i always thought they should have ,
given the colonials spent many years at war .. even light armament for raider attack ..

peter noble December 5th, 2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 302303)
MAke sense?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 302310)

I always thought it was the Atlantia as well (or some sort of space station) but comparing the Colonial service to the military of the US or any other Earth-based military is erroneous, that's the other show.

Reaper December 5th, 2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 302311)

At the Very least the Celestra was armed. In one of the readouts it shows some armament aboard the ship. Coloinal Movers and The Gemini Freighter wouldn't be armed, since they were supposed to be just Trailer trucks in space. Rising Star, no, I wouldn't think so either, but that is an unknown.

the Star Kobol, to me would be a Government Ship. And in formation, or aboard a Military ship. I think It WOULD be armed, but I can see why it wouldn't be. Cylon and Colonial Leadership on an unarmed ship, equal security for both sides, signing a peace treaty.

Darrell Lawrence December 5th, 2010 01:58 PM

Any chance you can post a screen grab of that Celestra readout?

BST December 5th, 2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter noble (Post 302313)
I always thought it was the Atlantia as well (or some sort of space station) but comparing the Colonial service to the military of the US or any other Earth-based military is erroneous, that's the other show.

In general terms, I think it would be ok.. Since both the Colonials and the Thirteenth Tribe sprung from the same root, it's likely that there would be some similarity in thought, at least at the rudimentary level.

Considering the reason for the meeting with the Cylons, in the first place, it's also likely that the meeting place is going to be on some sort of "civilian ship" and not an armed 'war' machine.

Additionally, I agree that the Atlantia was NOT the meeting place. In fact, when Adar adjourned the meeting, the sense that I had was that each member of the Council was going back to his or her own battlestar so that each could begin the journey to the meeting place.

My 2 cents...

;)

Reaper December 5th, 2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 302317)
Any chance you can post a screen grab of that Celestra readout?

Here you go, just take into account the ship is not the same design as the Celestra ended up being.

http://www.galacticabbs.com/gallery_..._103_12297.jpg

Darrell Lawrence December 5th, 2010 04:07 PM

Then it's not the Celestra :)

Remember, the Celestra was the electronics ship, so they probably had info on all of the ships in the Fleet. That screen could have been another ship someone was looking info up on.

In fact.... that'd be a cool initial design of the Star Kobol :LOL: (After all, that's what this thread is suppose to be about- Design the Star Kobol).

Reaper December 5th, 2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 302320)
Then it's not the Celestra :)

Remember, the Celestra was the electronics ship, so they probably had info on all of the ships in the Fleet. That screen could have been another ship someone was looking info up on.

In fact.... that'd be a cool initial design of the Star Kobol :LOL: (After all, that's what this thread is suppose to be about- Design the Star Kobol).

Hard not to be the Celestra when the screen is seen on Kronus' Chuttle during the Shuttle's Approach to the Dark Celestra ;) The only ship in sight lol.

But that said, the Design itself would make a good ship to add to the fleet. And yes, possibly the Star Kobol.

Darrell Lawrence December 5th, 2010 04:36 PM

Well, Vipers have had other ships on their screens before, so that shuttle having it up really means nothing. What to do on a trip between ships in a shuttle? I know! I'll look up some tech reading material! :LOL:

Gemini1999 December 10th, 2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper (Post 302315)
the Star Kobol, to me would be a Government Ship. And in formation, or aboard a Military ship. I think It WOULD be armed, but I can see why it wouldn't be. Cylon and Colonial Leadership on an unarmed ship, equal security for both sides, signing a peace treaty.

"It's a peace envoy, what possible trouble could there be?"

gmd3d December 10th, 2010 02:32 PM

a face full of laser :)

Senmut December 14th, 2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 302310)

But at this point, the Atlantia is not expecting to go into combat. She is there to serve a political purpose, now that "peace" has arrived.

BST December 15th, 2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 302420)
But at this point, the Atlantia is not expecting to go into combat. She is there to serve a political purpose, now that "peace" has arrived.

Perhaps the Atlantia could have been used like the USS Missouri, at the end of WWII but, I think not.

The fact that the Quorum members left the Atlantia, each going back to his own ship, lends to the idea that the Atlantia was simply a meeting place, to go over final details prior to the signing of the Armistice.

cyfilon March 7th, 2011 09:31 AM

jane seemor said once that the script says battlestar kobol any one have aopy of the shooting spript. also on the celestra thing.
when count ibus is talking to the councel you can see another named celestra class ship go by.

Punisher454 March 7th, 2011 12:30 PM

In the pilot it sounds like she says "Star Kobol" but she could have been supposed to say "Battlestar Kobol" They made a lot of mistakes.