Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Entertainment (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   babylon 5 movie (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8681)

julix December 9th, 2004 06:31 AM

babylon 5 movie

Hubby called me to say he saw there is going to be a Babylon 5 movie(for theater) that will star filming in april called The Memory of Shadows................anyone know anything about this??????

BRG December 9th, 2004 08:39 AM

There is a wee bit about it on Empire's website.

Empireonline-Babylon 5

It says filming will begin in April in GREAT BRITAIN! :salute: It will be writen by JMS, directed by Steven Beck, and will involve the technoligy of the Shadows being used by an unknown race to attack the galaxy! :eek:

I hpoe it's true. I have recently become a fan of B5 through the DVD's. I am eagerly waiting season 5(although I have been told it is the weakest season) .
BRG

kingfish December 9th, 2004 08:48 AM

WTF, no Garibaldi. :sad:

julix December 9th, 2004 12:08 PM

thanks for the link BRG........
:)

thomas7g December 9th, 2004 04:13 PM

WOW! You guys are fast!!! I was about to write this up! And look at you guys!

:D

Artemis December 9th, 2004 04:29 PM

I just noticed it on the scifi channel news. It is going to have Galen. :D

julix December 9th, 2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas7g
WOW! You guys are fast!!! I was about to write this up! And look at you guys!

:D

Did I impress you Tom????? ;)

thomas7g December 9th, 2004 05:42 PM

always do!

Haveke December 10th, 2004 12:11 AM

Babylon 5 Movies

I've seen all the B5 Movies so far, and they were Pretty Good!!

I've found that if you Miss something On Sci Fi; just Keep Watching... they'll Run it Again!!

Haveke

:warrior:

julix December 10th, 2004 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas7g
always do!

oh man .....I am so excited!!!!! I had no idea :D

kingfish December 12th, 2004 06:18 AM

I wouldn't scream happy happy joy. It looks like what happened to this fandom is happening to them. The WB doesn't want the original actors back and plan on recasting the roles.

kingfish December 14th, 2004 12:46 PM

from filmjerk.com:

My Triumphant Return, and the Return of Babylon 5
Written by 12-12-2004 by AmyLawrence

The Babylon 5 feature film begins shooting in April!
My triumphant return!

What brings me back to FilmJerk.com? I'm totally geeking out over the feature film Babylon 5: Memory of Shadows. I've been a B5 fan since my pal Sam (Hi Sam!) turned me on to the show in Season 2. The last I'd heard is that JMS (the shows creator, J.Michael Straczynski) had put the project on hold after Richard Bigg's death. Biggs played Dr. Franklin, and died in May of 2004. Memory of Shadows is back on track now, and will begin filming in England next April with director Steven Beck.

The story follows Diane Baker, an Earthforce Intelligence Officer whose brother is killed in an explosion. She teams up with Techno-Mage Galen, previously played by Peter Woodward but whose part is being re-cast, to find the truth behind her brother's death. They discover that dark forces are unleashing ancient Shadow technology--technology that was supposed to be guarded by Galen--and the two uncover a huge conspiracy.

So far, the only original character participating is Elizabeth Lochley, played by Tracey Scoggins. She is still the commander of Babylon 5. She is friends with Diane. Part of the action takes place on B5, as the station is taken over by Earthforce Marines, including new lead character Colonel Joss Morgan.

Galen will battle childhood friend and Techno-Mage, Tyrell. Tyrell is sort of a mercenary, with an agenda of his own. Are you seeing Gandolf fighting Saruman in your head right now? You know you are. I can only imagine we'll see more original cast members on the station. Believe me, I'll keep you all posted. Damn, it's good to be back!

==================================================
Thoughts:

Tracy Scoggins is coming back. Well FRACK me. I hated her in season 5. Peter Woodward's role has been recast.

wolfranger December 14th, 2004 12:53 PM

Babylon 5 movie

Yes it's seems to be true Warner Brothers is trying to do what was done to Battlestar Galactica. They want to recast the original cast for the movie. As of this time this is still a official rumor, but there have been a number of inside people that have confirmed the rumor. Unlike our Battlestar Galactica WB does not want to reimagine the story just not cast the original people.

There is a letter writing campaign being started www.KeepB5Alive.com. We all know that this may or may not help but it's worth a try. I am a fan of both series and am still holding out for a original cast Battlestar Galactica Movie. The new Battlestar Galactica is not the version that we originally wanted but I have to believe that the petitions that were signed at least proved that there was still interest in the series and helped at least get something made.

Any help that the the Battlestar Galactica community could give would be appreciated.

BRG December 15th, 2004 07:34 AM

Puzzled BRG.

BRG is in an odd position on this one. While in principle I am totally against recasting major character when the original actors are avalible and willing to return. But as I've said before, I have only discovered B5 over the last year on DVD, and I have only seen seasons 1-4, and the TV movies 'The Gathering' & 'In The Beginning'. So I have no idea who Galen or Lochley are!

As yet there is no word on any of the main characters that I know appearing in the film. But I can't imagine anybody but Boxleitner playing Sheridan, and surely he is a big enough "name" to satisfy the studio. As for Galen, would there be a problem if an A list star was cast in that role?

BRG will sit on the fence on this one......For the moment! ;)
BRG

PS- If the cast anybody but Mira Furlan as the lovely Delenn, BRG will be officially outraged and not responsible for his actions! :mad: ;)

wolfranger December 15th, 2004 08:04 AM

Babylon 5 movie

Lockley came on board in the 5th season as the replacement for Ivonava. Galen came on board for the movie "A Call To Arms" and continued in the spinoff "Crusade". From what we hear from insiders, casting calls have gone out for all the characters involved including Lockley, Sheridan, Delenn, and the others.

BRG December 15th, 2004 10:32 AM

I don't see the logic in replacing the original cast. Has any reason been given? Are the actors making outrageous demands? Are they too old these days? Are the not high profile enough? Or does the studio simply think they are not good enough for the big screen? This just seems daft too me.

And what about Londo & G'Kar? Anybody on the planet who thinks Jurasik and Katsulas should be replaced in those roles must be locked up in a padded cell for they're own safety. Unthinkable.

I'll wait and see how this developes, but even if they had Sean Connery, Al Pacino and Brad Pitt lined up as replacements, I would still preffer the original cast. I can see myself writing a wee letter too Mr Heslop at Elstree Studios. ;)
BRG

wolfranger December 15th, 2004 11:18 AM

Babylon 5 movie

That's the point exactly. What we are hearing is that WB is having a problem with casting TV actors in a big screen movie. Not enough pull to make money with.

Getting information is very hard, the actors deny even knowing about the movie, meaning that they are under a gag order or honestly have not been offered the roles. The B5 community finds this rather odd since it was always professed that a big screen movie, if it was ever to be made was to reward the cast for its efforts during the series run.

From the rumor we are hearing no one in the original cast will be in the movie if WB has its' way

kingfish December 16th, 2004 03:03 PM

Warner Brother Features Development Department
B5: The Memory of Shadows
4000 Warner Boulevard
Burbank, CA 91522

Muffit December 16th, 2004 04:25 PM

Welcome BRG, Wolfranger, and Haveke!! So glad to see you here :)

My older brother is a big B5 fan, I will be sure to let him know all the kind facts you all have offered... ;)

P.S. I still always wanna say "Bingo!" whenever I hear them say "B5" :D :D :D

Haveke December 17th, 2004 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffit
Welcome BRG, Wolfranger, and Haveke!! So glad to see you here :)

My older brother is a big B5 fan, I will be sure to let him know all the kind facts you all have offered... ;)

P.S. I still always wanna say "Bingo!" whenever I hear them say "B5" :D :D :D

Thanks For The WELCOME!! I'm VERY Glad to be Here!!

:)

I Really Miss Security Chief Garibaldi Always Threatening to "Space" Someone Out the Air Lock. Babylon5 Had a VERY Sucessful Run, Lets Just Hope The NEW BSG Has Just as Much Success!!

:thumbsup:

Haveke

:warrior:

BRG December 17th, 2004 06:28 AM

The Lion Roars!

It looks like the campaign to stop the recasting is gathering pace. When I went to bed last night, there was no mention of the B5 movie on the Channel 4 sci-fi board. But when I got home from work many fans were declairing they're outrage, and listing addresses for a letter writing campaign! :thumbsup:
British B5 fans have joined the Fight! :salute:
BRG

julix December 17th, 2004 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRG
It looks like the campaign to stop the recasting is gathering pace. When I went to bed last night, there was no mention of the B5 movie on the Channel 4 sci-fi board. But when I got home from work many fans were declairing they're outrage, and listing addresses for a letter writing campaign! :thumbsup:
British B5 fans have joined the Fight! :salute:
BRG

Hope they have better luck then BG did....not that i am giving up hope but....

Archangel December 17th, 2004 01:19 PM

Every little bit helps

They could always use Star Trek: TOS as an example of how a successful tv-to-film franchise could work.

wolfranger December 18th, 2004 08:57 AM

Well many questions have been raised as to the validity of the rumors. We were hoping for a answer from the creator telling us that this is just a rumor and all is well.

He has now posted a response.

Quote:

I would like to be able to comment on this, but for the time being I am not able to do so.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)
http://www.jmsnews.net/msg.aspx?id=1-17259

In following Babylon 5 Since it was on TV. I have found that the creator was always straight forward with the fans. He has always told it as it was and was quick to shoot down what was not true with rumors. This leads me to believe that there is definetly something going on behind the scenes.