Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I'm doing CGI (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1849)

oldwardaggit January 7th, 2003 08:28 PM

I'm doing CGI

Now I want you all to be honest and don't hold back.
Below is my very first CGI still shot and I'm using the very latest software so prepare to be blown away. It's a human being in very high detail. You might even be able to tell who it is.

............................-------------------
............................l ....O...........O......l
............................l..........................l
............................l............O............l
............................l......-----------.....l
............................--------------------
.........................................l
..............................------------------
.................................------------
.................................l................l

So what do you think? Do I have a career ahead of me?
OWD

thomas7g January 7th, 2003 08:42 PM

it depends...are you shooting for the quality level of the old galactica or the new one?

:D

The Blue Mule January 7th, 2003 08:47 PM

LOL HAHAAHHAAHAH

OWD that was very funny, thanks for the good laugh, damn i needed it, im so intimidated by the "infinite knowledge" needed just to turn the stupid computer on let alone to start to draw with one.

LOL funny stuff ,..thanks!

Rich.

GuitarEC January 8th, 2003 06:26 AM

LOL

You realy got me with that one.

jewels January 8th, 2003 09:00 AM

Thank you for my chuckle for the day, OWD. :D

LucianG January 8th, 2003 09:56 AM

Funny!

Keep 'em coming, OWD!

Flamingo Girl January 8th, 2003 10:07 AM

Is that you? It looks good.

cobrastrikelead January 8th, 2003 10:47 AM

Good one.

michaelfaries January 8th, 2003 12:41 PM

Hey! This belongs in the Colonial Art section! ;)

Michael
:colwar:

Muffit January 8th, 2003 05:53 PM

Wow! It's amazing what you can do with 3d Studio Max these days after just a few hundred hours of study! :D

Great funny OWD :D

:muffit:

SS1 January 8th, 2003 06:25 PM

Re: I'm doing CGI

Quote:

Originally posted by oldwardaggit
Now I want you all to be honest and don't hold back.
Below is my very first CGI still shot and I'm using the very latest software so prepare to be blown away. It's a human being in very high detail. You might even be able to tell who it is.

............................-------------------
............................l ....O...........O......l
............................l............O............l
............................l......-----------.....l
............................--------------------
..............................------------------
.................................------------

So what do you think? Do I have a career ahead of me?
OWD

Knock it off everyone!!!

You people are so ruthless it makes me sick. Laughing at Shawn's work does not help build his confidence.

He said that it was his first still so give the guy a break!!! Instead of laughing at him why don't you people try to give him some constructive critisism.

Atleast Michael had the common decency to encourage Shawn to post it in the Colonial Art section. Although I highly advise Shawn not to listen to Michael on the matter but his heart is in the right place.

Shawn, as you know I have a degree in Computer Animation and I woud be happy to pass some of my knowledge on to you. I have chosen to critiqe your still off line so you wont feel that I am trying to embarass you in a public forum.

I am curious about one thing. Who told you that this software that you are using is the latest?

SS1 January 8th, 2003 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Muffit
Wow! It's amazing what you can do with 3d Studio Max these days after just a few hundred hours of study! :D

No Muffit I don't think that this is 3D Studio Max. Who ever told Shawn that must be a good con artist.

Flamingo Girl January 8th, 2003 07:47 PM

Hey, I said it was good!!

oldwardaggit January 8th, 2003 11:10 PM

Well thanks everyone for the great feed back.
It's OK scoot. My life has been full of many fun first times.

My first day at School I was introduced to the game dodge ball. It took me 5 years to realize that it's not played with a bowling ball.

My first imaginary friend had a restraining order put out against me. I wasn't allowed to go within 25 feet of him.

The first time I stopped wetting the bed was when I was 19 and woke up to see my grandmother putting my hand in a cup of could water. Turns out the whole family took turns every night.

On my wedding night I told my wife that it was my first time and she laughed through the whole experience, So you see it's OK because I know that my CGI is my best work that I have ever done and................................................................................................................................ Naaaaaaa I don't think I will go there. lol

Time to go flex my muscles again and make the cat roll on the floor in a fit of laughter.

By the way Scoot, the software that I'm using is called CGI for dummies.
It was the last one left and I had to but in front of some guy claiming to need it in order to stay with in his movies budget.

When I looked it up on the net, the message said (being that you got to this page, you obviously don't need web searching for dummies but being the fact that you are obviously a dummy, we will try to sell that to you along with a bag of dirt as a pet because our marketing statistics show that dummies will by just about anything that has (for dummies) in the title.

So that's 2 in the for dummies series that I now have and I almost have my pet bag of dirt trained to do its first trick.

Dirt bag, ((STAY)) GOOD BOY.

OWD

LucianG January 9th, 2003 03:02 AM

Quote:

It was the last one left and I had to but in front of some guy claiming to need it in order to stay with in his movies budget.
I wonder if that could be someone associated with, say, a new knock-off Battlestar Galactica production? LOL!

oldwardaggit January 9th, 2003 05:08 AM

Battlestar Galactica for dummies.

It does have sort of a ring to it now doesn't it?
I'm pretty sure I will be skipping that one though. LOL
OWD

SS1 January 9th, 2003 09:45 AM

Actually that company is releasing a new book

It's called "dummies for dummies".

Maybe we should send a copy to Ronald D Moore.

repcisg January 9th, 2003 11:02 AM

Shawn,

I fell out of my chair reading your last comment, :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

oldwardaggit January 9th, 2003 11:36 AM

Thanks, I fell out of my chair writing it but only because I forgot to wear my seat belt. This net surfing thing can be dangerous when you don't wear your computerized seat belt.

It's kind of fun returning to my old self with no cares and no opinions but only for a bit of a brake, now it's back to fighting Ron's Battlestar Craptica.

No offence Ron.

OWD

emerita January 11th, 2003 01:30 PM

http://smilies.crowd9.com/otn/laughing/yelrotflmao.gif....... sorry........but it was funny..we love ya.....really....... we do....

repcisg January 12th, 2003 12:25 AM

OWD,

I’m going to spend tomorrow installing a seat belt and shoulder harness on my chair. I feel it is necessary to be properly strapped down before reading your next post, to ensure my personal safety and that of my dog, I nearly fell on the old boy. :D :D :D :D :D

emerita January 12th, 2003 07:14 AM

http://smilies.crowd9.com/otn/laughing/yelrotflmao.gif.....five days later and it is still funny............

cobrastrikelead January 24th, 2003 01:52 PM

There is something darn funny about it. Dunno. Maybe it was we hadn't heard from OWD for awhile and Capt Milo was talking about a CGI-version of BG, and with all the incredible versions of models over in the art section, and how OWD has a knack for getting the ball rolling on that sort of stuff. I thinks, So that is why we haven't been hearing from OWD. A scroll down the screen and, well His timing was perfect on this one. Still worth a couple of chuckles.

emerita January 25th, 2003 08:04 AM

:D ....yes..still funny.....we luv ya owd

emerita February 7th, 2003 08:48 AM

Ok, browsing the threads and looked at this one again.....Laughed my a## off......AGAIN........*whew*.........:rolleyes: *sigh*.....Em leaves thread in search of a life......:/:

shadehntr February 15th, 2003 10:54 AM

Trys to get back posting again and seen this thread.I wonder why I thought that was snoopy at first?LOL!Hey OWD!

oldwardaggit February 18th, 2003 09:14 PM

Thanks all. It made me laugh when I did it and I love to laugh.

I really have to get over here more often. :)

OWD

Flamingo Girl February 18th, 2003 09:39 PM

OWD! Have you seen my ascii thread? What do you think, are you up to it yet?

kingfish March 20th, 2003 06:50 AM

Cool

Looks like me when I wake up in the morning.

emerita March 20th, 2003 07:03 AM

http://smilies.crowd9.com/otn/laughing/yelrotflmao.gif I gotta stop looking into this thread......