Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Garth has Michael's review of Moore's BG script (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1761)

Ravishol December 27th, 2002 07:47 AM

Garth has Michael's review of Moore's BG script

Dr. Ravishol,

Thanks for the script review link.

Garth Franklin
Editor, Dark Horizons
URL: http://www.darkhorizons.com/

Mail Address:
PO Box 1935, Dee Why
Sydney, NSW
Australia, 2099

Stevew December 27th, 2002 08:33 AM

Good work Doc, the more people that see it the better
S:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LucianG December 27th, 2002 09:53 AM

After reading Michael's review of the script, I am sad to say that it is worse than I was anticipating. This is not only speaking as a fan of Battlestar Galactica but as a sci-fi fan in general. The story, as relayed by Michael, just doesn't make the sense that it should, whether it is called Battlestar Galactica or something entirely different.

I'm looking forward to Ken's and Mr. Haven's reviews, but this doesn't sound good so far.

Mr. Moore, rewrite time? There have been numerous good suggestions on this board and at the SciFi.com Battlestar Galactica board....

oldwardaggit December 27th, 2002 08:22 PM

Well Ronald D. Moore wrote this and sci fi liked and approved it.

I know that Ron is a good writer for the most part but we all have our weak points and apparently for him, Galactica is one of them. Personally, I don't think I want him re-writing this. It's nothing personal; he just doesn't get it enough to make a connection with the existing fan base. I would be questioning things even more after this.
OWD

KJ December 27th, 2002 09:09 PM

He WAS a good writer! Past tense. I use to have a least one iota of respect for him when i found out what stories he did for Star Trek:TNG and others? but he destroying his rep in the eyes of us BG fans and sci-fi lovers period. He losing his own supporters, it was just getting boring with the remake news now, more and more (excuse the pun) as March draws slowly closer what Universal does within the months ahead will be of most interest to all involved THEM, THE FANS, EVERY INDUSTRY INSIDER.
Whether it be, Them going ahead with it all, late breaking news in our favor or another bomb shell. Now it's getting to the real interesting bits lets look, listen and watch!

Production on this???!! March till late 2003 WHO ARE THEY KIDDING It's same time and usual process to develop any, soon to be cancelled never to be revive crappy sex filled sci-fi 90210 BG show?

michaelfaries December 28th, 2002 12:33 AM

Ravishol: You rock!

Michael
:colwar:

michaelfaries December 28th, 2002 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LucianG
Mr. Moore, rewrite time? There have been numerous good suggestions on this board and at the SciFi.com Battlestar Galactica board....
Don't count on any major rewrites.

Michael

KJ December 28th, 2002 11:54 AM

O.K. then, but what about any last minute decisions made by Universal at the last second? couldn't they say at the start of Moore's production thing as: "Hey wait a minute. Those fans keep bitching let stop a minute and ask is this really worth it? Meeting people" (Moore slaps head, D'Oh!)

Seriously though comedy aside, any Universal Studios last second decisions to jump in regarless of any money issues, months of planning etc they have the last say right? So it's still not to late to fight for a better take on a BG continuation or remake is it Michael!

KJ

michaelfaries December 28th, 2002 03:50 PM

ANYTHING is possible. Even if this remake is officially greenlit by Vivendi Universal, production can be halted at any time. That applies to anyone who is doing the show.

Question to all of you: AICN and CHUD are two sites which aren't covering the Battlestar Galactica script remake news. Both filmjerk.com (who used to provide information to AICN) and DarkHorizons.com have. With two reviews in the can -- and a third (Ken's) on the way -- what's holding them back?

Michael

dvo47p December 28th, 2002 04:31 PM

Ronald D. Moore, David Erik I wonder where they will do now

That Havens fellow pretty much said Moore's script was felgercarb. What will Bonnie say, what will Dillar do? Gosh, I ought to write for a soap opera.

Moore did not write the 'Naturalistic Science Fiction or Taking the Opera out of Space Opera' sort of script that appeal's to horny teen guys type opera. What the hell sex sells to the lowest common denominator, but it still sells.

KJ December 28th, 2002 04:40 PM

Well we can always e-mail Harry can't we? (although i suggest doing it from a internet cafe) Not to mention why hasn't Zap2it.com or Cinescape done anything like even talk BG let alone mention it. I suspect resident jackass Mark A. Altman may have a hand in this heh heh.

No seriously though your best bet is Harry, he has the worse message board full of trolls (if you haven't been there watch out!!!) but he has the most informative site online when it comes to late breaking news and genre entertainment blockbusters! Harry is your best bet Mike! gotta get those reviews huh, well got to give the devil his due then.

KJ

:)

KJ December 28th, 2002 04:55 PM

Dvo the script IS felgercarb but at least every review (So far) has been 100% honest about it. Gaius Baltar is the only thing that sounds like a decent name had there been a second season of BG Baltar's second or first name is revealed? Just because they had "First" names and no second in the old show. Doesn't mean they should have crap sounding Earth names or strange new ones to boot.

Like ancient times their names could have been Adama of the house "Adam" or "Noah" house meaning family name. Did Adam and Eve have second names? or Moses or Cain and Able etc No. trying to fix this sci-fi fantasy show is dumb along with all the dumb sex changes and all and Moore and co are making themselves look foolish for trying to mess with a cult TV show.

KJ

jewels December 28th, 2002 05:43 PM

Ravishol:
I hit Garth's email with Edward Haven's review link, just in case.
Jewels

Bombadil December 28th, 2002 06:51 PM

After reading the review by Michael, thank you by the way, I am completly disgusted!:mad: :mad:

This is written by someone who is a sci-fi fan? Who's a fan of the original show?:confused:

He can stick his script where the sun don't shine!:mad: