Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Conventions (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Clip From Galacticon 2003 Now Online! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12370)

Jerry Vasilatos November 29th, 2005 11:40 PM

Clip From Galacticon 2003 Now Online!

Hi everyone...

I have gotten some requests from people as to what the content on the "Galacticon 25th Anniversary DVD" is like, so I posted one of the best moments on the website at: Galacticon DVD, or you can access it directly here: Dirk and Laurette. :rotf:

I hope you all enjoy it. There are many more great moments like it on the DVD.

The audio issue that some older players had problems addressing was also taken care of on the new run of DVDs we did that will be available again in a few weeks. If you have any questions about getting one please contact me.

Happy Holidays and enjoy!

JV

Sept17th November 30th, 2005 02:24 AM

I hear some of the thougher questions for Ron Moore and negative reactions to his pannel are not included, will there ever be a less edited version?

Jerry Vasilatos November 30th, 2005 03:46 AM

You heard wrong...

Trust me. Several tough questions were put to Ron, he was definitely in the hotseat throughout the entire panel discussion, and he answered them (specifically the parameters put on him by Sci-Fi and why he had no choice doing a continuation as opposed to a re-imagining.)

JV

julix November 30th, 2005 06:13 AM

That is wonderful!!!! Thank you so much, I wish I could have gone. They still have chemistry all these years later(Dirk and Laurette) :)

Darrell Lawrence November 30th, 2005 11:30 AM

Hey Jerry! Thanks for posting this.

martok2112 December 1st, 2005 11:33 AM

Way cool! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for posting that, Jerry.

Appreciatively,
Martok2112

Lt. Merak December 5th, 2005 05:28 PM

Galacticon DVD

I heared this was a good DVD, I had pre ordered it and didn't get it, called up the person selling it and she said she had computer problems and would send it out, well I'm still waiting for it and that was 2 years ago that I ordered it. I gave up on it.

Tom Isham

Jerry Vasilatos December 5th, 2005 09:03 PM

Merek-

How did you place your order? If you paid via PayPal and can retrieve the information from your record I can send you yours when we get the new shipment in.

Send an e-mail to: info@nitestar.com for help.

JV

AlternityOrange December 6th, 2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sept17th
I hear some of the thougher questions for Ron Moore and negative reactions to his pannel are not included, will there ever be a less edited version?

He didn't hear wrong, Sept17's question was indeed edited out. But it's still a fun DVD and worth checking out.

captmiloman February 16th, 2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Vasilatos
Hi everyone...

I have gotten some requests from people as to what the content on the "Galacticon 25th Anniversary DVD" is like, so I posted one of the best moments on the website at: Galacticon DVD, or you can access it directly here: Dirk and Laurette. :rotf:

I hope you all enjoy it. There are many more great moments like it on the DVD.

The audio issue that some older players had problems addressing was also taken care of on the new run of DVDs we did that will be available again in a few weeks. If you have any questions about getting one please contact me.

Happy Holidays and enjoy!

JV

I just watched that clip. Very funny stuff. I still have alot of respect for these people. Are there still copies of this DVD available?

Galactifan February 19th, 2006 03:48 PM

This is a must-have DVD for any original Battlestar Galactica fan. I enjoyed watching the video. My only suggestions for the next one would be to get some lighting for on stage so we can see the stars better. Also, get some professional video cameras and a cleaner audio feed. Either way, I enjoyed the video. Thanks for all your hard work.

captmiloman March 7th, 2006 05:18 AM

I recieved my copy yesterday. Glen Larson really "went to work on Dirk". I had heard somewhere that Glen actually started out doing stand up comedy.

Malkyte March 28th, 2006 12:16 PM

Well I got part of the video to play without sound, and now I can't even get the video to play. I have tried in both iTunes and Quicktime.

Sometimes Quicktime REALLY annoys me!!!

No matter... I am still waiting to get my all-star signed poster that was supposed to be part of the package (Captain) I had bought for both me and my brother.

It was a fun convention though and we got to meet a few folks from BSG and the online community!

Malkyte

captmiloman March 29th, 2006 03:38 PM

I thought Dirk's "Chevy Chase-like" pratfall during Larson's welcome was funny. Exactly how much Ambrosia did he consume? Reminds me of myself walking up to the microphone on Karaoke night at times. The full cast panel was the DVD's highlight, IMO. Too bad DeSanto's panel wasn't included.

Creep January 25th, 2010 02:33 AM

Re: Clip From Galacticon 2003 Now Online!

You know that Ron Moore re-created that event in one episode of CSI where he was one of "geeks" attacking the speaker that was back in 2003 he himself.

So I would like to see the original video of that event in which Ron got humiliated and booed.

monolith21 January 25th, 2010 02:25 PM

Re: Clip From Galacticon 2003 Now Online!

Anyone who has not bought this Dvd yet you should! Its a lot of fun. Galacticon '03 was a lot of fun...with the exception of driving up the I-5 in the middle of the wild fires.