Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   My TOS Studio CGI Replica (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18776)

Senmut December 24th, 2018 09:03 PM

Re: My TOS Studio CGI Replica

Drool, drool!!!!!

Westy December 26th, 2018 02:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an AO shot of all the latest.

Titon December 26th, 2018 02:42 PM

Nice!

There seems to be a miss aligned texture map? Are the panel lines modeled or textured?

Senmut December 26th, 2018 02:58 PM

Launch Vipers!

Westy December 26th, 2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titon (Post 314803)
Nice!

There seems to be a miss aligned texture map? Are the panel lines modeled or textured?

I'm not really doing textures yet...I just ripped the lightwave surfaces off the Galactica model as is without a thought about lining them up. It's still a WIP and far from done. Basically I'm doing the main geometry, nurnies, and whatever first, then I'll figure out the paint job later. The panels are all geometry though, and I haven't done the asymmetrical stuff yet. I'm doing a 1/5th section first, then I'll take that and start doing the other 1/5th section asymmetrical stuff after...plus that weird control bridge area thingy and the asymmetrical launch bay thingy...there's still huge amounts to do! I'm sure it'll take a couple more years at the rate I'm going, but I'm persistent...someday it'll get done.

I see what ur saying though...I might be able to straighten that stuff out without too much trouble...I'll look at it. That stuff isn't permanent though, I just slapped it on from my Battlestar model without thinking too much about it yet.

Titon December 27th, 2018 03:45 AM

No worries. Your doing a great job on it.

I've been working on mine since 1999 so i understand the time it takes.

;)

SeanP December 27th, 2018 05:49 AM

That looks pretty awesome so far dude! :)

ghostbusters1 December 28th, 2018 09:05 AM

hello i'm working on a really insane battlestar galactica simulator/game made in unreal engine sadly i'm just a coder so finding assets is hard. id love to talk to you about your assets

Westy December 29th, 2018 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostbusters1 (Post 314808)
hello i'm working on a really insane battlestar galactica simulator/game made in unreal engine sadly i'm just a coder so finding assets is hard. id love to talk to you about your assets

Greets :-)

I have some experience actually in coding games using C++/DirectX from a failed game start up I was involved with. My models most definitely wouldn't work with todays rendering technology, not yet anyways...as game models are into the few 1000 polygon range, but my models are in the millions of polygons. My models are good for making a movie or game cut scene with, as that's not a real time render, but that's about it until GPU power is like...100 times faster than what it is now. But there's tons of meshes out there that could work that are very low res. I wish my models could be real time rendered...I actually started my battlestar model while I was working on the game, and imported it in when it was about only like 200,000 polygons and the game engine performance just nose dived :-(

Westy December 29th, 2018 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titon (Post 314806)
No worries. Your doing a great job on it.

I've been working on mine since 1999 so i understand the time it takes.

;)

When are you going to show it off? I'd love to see it.

Titon December 29th, 2018 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westy (Post 314813)
When are you going to show it off? I'd love to see it.

When I get some free time here i'll try and put up some renders.

:)

Westy December 29th, 2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titon (Post 314814)
When I get some free time here i'll try and put up some renders.

:)

nice :-) and yeah, I don't know about you, but time to render is what it takes for these things. I really need to build a new machine with lots of cores.

mikala April 12th, 2019 03:08 PM

Both Cylon and Colonial are being done proud here. Beautiful work.

gmd3d October 4th, 2019 02:32 AM

Amazing work and skill

Senmut October 5th, 2019 01:07 AM

Looking at it again, I did not see he Celestial Dome. Are you going to put that in there, eventually?

Punisher454 July 23rd, 2020 03:20 PM

Next year when unreal engine 5 is released you'll be able to realtime render billions of polygons, with fully dynamic lighting, AO and GI. No LOD, no normal maps, no displacement maps, no POM.
Film studio quality models, in realtime, for free.

Senmut July 30th, 2020 05:19 PM

How goes your WIP? Anything new to show?

Punisher454 June 7th, 2021 12:55 AM

I'd really love to see these models rendered realtime in Unreal engine 5. Its here now It will do it without breaking a sweat.