Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   New BG Classic ongoing comic (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18356)

JLHurley September 18th, 2013 07:02 PM

Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulGTweed (Post 312295)
Sales are supposed to GO UP, NOT DOWN. #1 was 153, issue #3 at 193. Dynamite is losing money with each issue they bring out. Hopefully, Issue #5 will not resolve the Time Warp storyline. I have my doubts.

It's more common than not that sales on comic series go down, unless there's a major change on the creative team and even then it would have to involve a popular writer and/or artist coming aboard. Plus, that #193 ranking doesn't necessarily mean anything. If #3 came out the month a lot of comics debuted (or a company like Marvel or DC had a company-wide event such as this month's 3D covers from DC), you're going to see a comic drop in ranking even if its sales were the same or higher than the previous month. What's important is the actual number of copies sold, and that unfortunately is also down from 10,505 to 9,200, a -12.42% drop according to Comic Book Resources. What sold less: DC's Arrow series (a digital to print title based on the TV series) and Green Team; Dynamite's Shadow/Green Hornet; IDW's GI Joe, Judge Dredd and Transformers; Bonzo's Simpsons Comics; and lots and lots of other titles. No way will DC hold on to a title with the numbers that Arrow and Green Team are pulling in, but whether Dynamite considers BG's #s adequate to continue the series...I have no idea.

JLHurley September 18th, 2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apolloisall (Post 312317)
i feel bad for ron though, i hear he busted his arm patting himself on the back after the finale...:d

love it!!!

Jayworld September 20th, 2013 01:42 PM

I don't post much on the board anymore; lurk some, hopeful for "new" news.... Had to post on this topic, though. I've been a BG fan since the original series came out in 1978; I am also a comic book collector and fan. I am enjoying the new Dynamite limited series so far and have all three issues as released. The Alex Ross cover artwork is spectacular, as is all his work. I own the Marvel original BG series, the Dynamite Cylon Apocalypse, most of the Realm Press, etc. I think the "tongue-in-cheek" #3 cover homage to the original Star Wars early release poster (I owned this poster when it came out) was pretty cool, too.

I understand the purist problems with this current Dynamite series, but I am enjoying it, as it is mostly Classic Battlestar. Not a big fan of Dr. Zee, but when Galactica 1980 came out, I loved it, because it was Battlestar, although not as good as the original first series (some of you will take exception to that, but to a 13 year old at the time who was greatly disappointed abou the original series cancellation, Galactica 1980 was decent); was bummed when it was cancelled, too (yes, I own the 1980 DVD set and the Cylon head classic series set). I enjoy them because they are Battlestar.

With the lack of news on any new BG projects and especially the on-again/off-again Singer movie, this current comic is a new BG story that I can enjoy.

I would say go out and buy and and show that you are interested in this through sales. Most comic shops have all three issues still in stock (although probably very low on #1).

peter noble September 28th, 2013 07:07 AM

Issue #4 was great again!

Senmut September 28th, 2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 312322)
I don't post much on the board anymore; lurk some, hopeful for "new" news.... Had to post on this topic, though. I've been a BG fan since the original series came out in 1978; I am also a comic book collector and fan. I am enjoying the new Dynamite limited series so far and have all three issues as released. The Alex Ross cover artwork is spectacular, as is all his work. I own the Marvel original BG series, the Dynamite Cylon Apocalypse, most of the Realm Press, etc. I think the "tongue-in-cheek" #3 cover homage to the original Star Wars early release poster (I owned this poster when it came out) was pretty cool, too.

I understand the purist problems with this current Dynamite series, but I am enjoying it, as it is mostly Classic Battlestar. Not a big fan of Dr. Zee, but when Galactica 1980 came out, I loved it, because it was Battlestar, although not as good as the original first series (some of you will take exception to that, but to a 13 year old at the time who was greatly disappointed abou the original series cancellation, Galactica 1980 was decent); was bummed when it was cancelled, too (yes, I own the 1980 DVD set and the Cylon head classic series set). I enjoy them because they are Battlestar.

With the lack of news on any new BG projects and especially the on-again/off-again Singer movie, this current comic is a new BG story that I can enjoy.

I would say go out and buy and and show that you are interested in this through sales. Most comic shops have all three issues still in stock (although probably very low on #1).

Write something for the VS?

Jayworld October 1st, 2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 312371)
Write something for the VS?

I'm sorry, what is the VS?:?:

JLHurley October 8th, 2013 02:55 PM

Diamond Comics Distributors lists issue #4 at #262 on the charts. (DC's highly successful villains month--offering both 3D and 2D covers of every title--pushed practically everything down the list.) Copies sold dropped from last month's 9200 to 7955. :(

Senmut October 8th, 2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 312381)
I'm sorry, what is the VS?:?:

Virtual Season. Currently finishing up VS3.

http://galacticafanfic.com/stories/season2.html

peter noble October 13th, 2013 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alex Ross's cover to #5.

Senmut October 13th, 2013 08:43 PM

Lucifer taking over???

peter noble November 17th, 2013 03:33 AM

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/...th-dan-abnett/

JLHurley November 21st, 2013 06:43 PM

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: STARBUCK was released yesterday. Here's an interview with the writer:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/...-serious-fans/

peter noble December 3rd, 2013 12:28 PM

I'd just like to point out that 'Memorial' the first trade paperback collecting BG 2013 issues 1-5 is out and available from comic shops and Amazon.

It's a nice package and despite a few minor niggles, a worthy celebration of TOS in its 35th year!

JLHurley December 3rd, 2013 02:53 PM

I don't think I've ever actually enjoyed a BG comic but it sure is great seeing an ongoing, a limited series and a one-shot all based on the original series released 35 years later.

Jayworld December 18th, 2013 09:19 AM

I've now picked up through issue #6, and it looks as if this will be an ongoing series, so please go out and buy copies to support at your local comic dealer. Issue #6 was a great read (best so far of the series, in my opinion), as it focused on a watch on the bridge and Athena is the main protagonist. Pick it up!

ernie90125 December 18th, 2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter noble (Post 312668)
I'd just like to point out that 'Memorial' the first trade paperback collecting BG 2013 issues 1-5 is out and available from comic shops and Amazon.

It's a nice package and despite a few minor niggles, a worthy celebration of TOS in its 35th year!

I hadn't realised the trade paperback had been released until I saw this post - I've just bought a copy!

ernie90125 December 18th, 2013 03:43 PM

The original art for the front covers of these comics is for sale here:

http://www.alexrossart.com/artforsal...T&new=T&page=2

I own Matt Busch's original painting of the front cover of "Eve of Destruction" and it looks great framed on my wall!

BountyHunter December 21st, 2013 11:52 PM

Okay, I'm confused here.

The current ongoing is set in the continuity of the originals series, correct? What about this sequel to Guggenheim's 1980 series? Is this it? Or is that another book that's coming out? Or is it out already? If it is, what's it called?

Or is the current ongoing going to lead into Guggenheim's 1980 stuff?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against alternate reality stories, or Galactica 1980 stuff being put out (I actually don't mind the show, and LOVED it as a kid), I'm just trying to figure out which comics by Dynamite are set in the same continuity together.

What about the original 5 issues that were put out (set in the timeframe of the original series, I believe), and BSG: Cylon Apocalypse? Are those two series in continuity with the new ongoing? What about the new Starbuck mini?

Any help would be great. :)

BountyHunter December 24th, 2013 08:01 AM

Does anyone even come on these forums anymore?

ernie90125 December 24th, 2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BountyHunter (Post 312771)
Does anyone even come on these forums anymore?

The guy who posted twice just before you evidently does!

Maybe people are hiding (also known as enjoying Christmas Eve with this familiies)!

:duck:

I am sure interesting, informed and enlightening responses to your post will follow in good time...