Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   DeSanto Bridge Concept... (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11360)

Titon July 10th, 2005 03:17 PM

DeSanto Bridge Concept...

5 Attachment(s)
Well i started it. I rebuilt the bottom section of the original Galactica bridge section to use as a guide from the blueprints. It's really early but for those that wanted to see this come to life it has begun. Stay with me, it may take me a while to flesh it out. Here's the first prelimary renders. Nothing special but it's a start.

Enjoy.

:)

http://www.7thmillenia.com/don/Bridge1.jpg

http://www.7thmillenia.com/don/Bridge2.jpg

I wish i could get a hold of the design specs since the bridge set was being built in Canada at the time. I only have the slide show material to work with so i'll probably put my own spin on a few things.

;)

Darrell Lawrence July 10th, 2005 03:21 PM

...hmp. 'nudder project started without a previous more important one finished... :P:

Titon July 10th, 2005 03:24 PM

Quote:

...hmp. 'nudder project started without a previous more important one finished...
Dude!

I only can move so fast on the G. When i run out of specs i have to wait until i, ahem, aquire more.

;)

Darrell Lawrence July 10th, 2005 03:31 PM

Why didn't you quote the :P: , dagnab it! :P: :P: :P: :hack:

Gemini1999 July 10th, 2005 03:33 PM

Don -

I don't know what Darrell means by "other projects", but it looks like this one is off to a good start....!

Bryan

Titon July 10th, 2005 03:33 PM

:cylon:

Titon July 10th, 2005 03:35 PM

Bryan, he wants me to finish the holy grail. The Galactica model that i've been working on recently. Well he's a big kidder but i'm trying to nail down some more measurements before i can continue.

I've been studying the DeSanto bridge here and thought i'd take a crack at it. We'll see how it fleshes out.

;)

Darrell Lawrence July 10th, 2005 03:42 PM

Projects, as in plural.

I'm stil lawaiting EITHER cetain models and a scene file so I can render it myself, or the renders themselves for sumtin' I want to do to the front page, which we discussed before ;)

Titon July 10th, 2005 05:32 PM

Quote:

I'm stil lawaiting EITHER cetain models and a scene file so I can render it myself, or the renders themselves for sumtin' I want to do to the front page, which we discussed before
Eep!

Looks for rock to hide behind!

jewels July 10th, 2005 05:35 PM

Ow! Hey I was here first! Watch out, here comes Darrell! :duck:

Good first step.

Jewels

Titon July 10th, 2005 05:38 PM

Darrell is moving to his Nevada condo rock soon!

So the LA Rock is mine!

:D

dilbertman July 11th, 2005 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titon
Well i started it. I rebuilt the bottom section of the original Galactica bridge section to use as a guide from the blueprints. It's really early but for those that wanted to see this come to life it has begun. Stay with me, it may take me a while to flesh it out. Here's the first prelimary renders. Nothing special but it's a start.

Enjoy.

I wish i could get a hold of the design specs since the bridge set was being built in Canada at the time. I only have the slide show material to work with so i'll probably put my own spin on a few things.

;)

If I get to talk to Tom I will see if I can get you a set of blueprint and design specs from him.

Jim :thumbsup: :D

peter noble July 11th, 2005 01:54 PM

Wow! And you better finish this else I'm going to give you a Chinese Burn mister! ;)

Great stuff, I think I'm going to have a bit of a weep now.

Titon July 11th, 2005 05:32 PM

Quote:

Great stuff, I think I'm going to have a bit of a weep now.
Peter, save the weeping till after i'm finished.

;)

KJ July 11th, 2005 06:18 PM

Titon, if ever there is a Galactica continuation movie. you NEED to be the visual effect supervisor on it. Or play some role in making the pre-vis FX for it.

I mean everytime i come here to CF, i see new CGI work you've done. Where do you find the time man?

Sorry for going overboard and such. But you sure put the spark of inspiration in a guy who just happens to like the old BG series is all.

:thumbsup:

KJ

BST July 11th, 2005 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason
Titon, if ever there is a Galactica continuation movie. you NEED to be the visual effect supervisor on it. Or play some role in making the pre-vis FX for it.

I mean everytime i come here to CF, i see new CGI work you've done. Where do you find the time man?

Sorry for going overboard and such. But you sure put the spark of inspiration in a guy who just happens to like the old BG series is all.

:thumbsup:

KJ

Ah, understanding the plan, he is.

That's what it's all about and we have the easy part, we just get to sit and admire all this beautiful artwork!

Titon July 12th, 2005 05:09 AM

KJ, thanks for that. It's much appreciated.

If there is ever a post i'd like to sticky to this site it's yours. This is what fleets is evolving into and what i want it to be all about.

As far as me being in the fx dept. if a continuation ever happens i'd be most honored. Time will tell.

The time is something that is hard to come by. I should have this bridge fleshed out by now but havne't gotten any farther than what you see. But i will promise that i will do my hardest to get it done in the near future.

Thanks again folks

;)

KJ July 12th, 2005 08:58 PM

Really if your skills are better now than they were 3 years ago when you made that kickass Millenia movie (unfinished by the way?) then a detailed Tom DeSanto concept Guy Dyas Galactica bridge would be classic.

And mouth watering.

And if i were you, i'd do it, finish it. print it out in hi-res onto a large sheet like a film poster.

Take to the Superman Returns premiere next year and wave over Bryan Singer and Guy Dyas saying: We haven't forgotten, nor will we forget your efforts for trying to present an epic BG continuation!

Since i seen alot of stars at premieres, thats exactly what i'd do!

Yep, cos in truth. i really should be getting along with plans in my own life and settle down doing my art. i really need to invest time in doing my own portfolio of art designs, sketches, inking art panels, black and white comics etc. If i want to get anywhere in life. Maybe one day i'll give 3D CGI designs a go. But i'd have to go down an venue i know first hand, before i branch out so soon.

Still, inspirational stuff man. your workload speaks for itself, you don't need me to tell you that anyways. but it did. ;)

Do you plan on doing all the Guy Dyas stuff?

Perhaps a little Vincent Guastini 'Cylon designs' thrown in for good measure too.

And even the badass Eric Melson 'Cylon' from Richard Hatch's Galactica trailer!

Meh...a few suggestions.

:) :thumbsup:

KJ

KJ July 13th, 2005 04:22 AM

Hey, for all you digital artist here! I came across this only today while lookiing for something else i.e. film related. Tell me what you make of it.

Check this out.

http://www.cgproshop.com/product/000...0d106c61e670d#

:salute:

KJ

Titon July 13th, 2005 08:30 AM

Thanks again KJ.

;)