Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Welcome back to the 'Galactica Cafe'....... (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2525)

Dawg May 16th, 2003 10:21 AM

Boxey, you've got more guts than I do. I wouldn't live in Kansas or Oklahoma right now.

Of course, they're talking a bad fire season here again this year. I'm glad I don't live nearer the woods than I do.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

jewels May 16th, 2003 11:34 AM

Hello,
just stopped in to say "hey".

talk to Warrior if you have an idea of how many posts you were missing. He'll add to your count. Not all software updates work properly (that's where the others went, new counter and post counts go "poof".

Jewels:)

Dawg May 16th, 2003 11:38 AM

I only lost a few (20 or 30, I think). I don't care. I'm a Viper Pilot again, so I'm happy.

I am
Dawg

Boxey May 16th, 2003 12:34 PM

Where are you from Dawg?Arizona?I always wanted to live out there plus has some friends there also I wanna see!Jewels I just messaged Warrior on icq maybe he'll add back my post again then i'll quit being a shuttle pilot,lol....

Dawg May 16th, 2003 12:54 PM

My parents now live in Arizona, Boxey, but I've lived near Portland, Oregon since I was a pre-teen (over 35 years).

My comment was because last summer we lost a record number of acres in a single wildfire in southwestern Oregon (over 1,000 homes destroyed in wildfires around the state, if I heard correctly). This past winter was so dry in this corner of the country that the experts are now saying this year's fires might be even worse.

You have tornadoes, California has earthquakes (well, so do we but not as many), and we have landslides and wildfires.

Oh, and the occasional volcano.... :laugh:

Still, earthquake risk and dormant volcanoes aside, there's no place else I'd rather live (Nevada and Arizona are too hot, dry and brown for me!)

I am
Dawg

emerita May 16th, 2003 04:21 PM

WHEW....have a few minutes to get here and check on my forum.....I am working 62 hours a week for awhile, so I won't be able to post as much as I have been, so Hi everyone and I'll catch you on the flyby.:bounce: :bounce:

Dawg May 16th, 2003 04:27 PM

Hi, emerita!

*love the bouncy guys*:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I am
Dawg

Boxey May 16th, 2003 04:30 PM

hey Em and Dawg to.Guess what Dawg we was under "another!" Tornado warning again but it never did do anything it just rained it lasted until 5 pm today!lol I am so sick of storms now.

default May 16th, 2003 04:39 PM

Hi Em, Ace & Kingfish!

Kingfish pointed me here so to them and those that don't know me yet! :)

kingfish May 16th, 2003 05:01 PM

Welcome aboard Bones. There is a thread in the discussion section to people who have websites.

Paul :thumbsup:

emerita May 17th, 2003 04:46 AM

Hey bones!!...Welcome!!. This is the site I sent your url to about BSG....glad you could make it over.

kingfish May 17th, 2003 07:35 AM

Hey EM have a cool one on me. :milk:

Muffit May 17th, 2003 06:07 PM

Hi Bones! Welcome to Colonial Fleets!!! :)

:muffit:

emerita May 22nd, 2003 03:13 PM

Just a few minutes to see what is going on. Researched a few more sites today and asked them to join our cause.....I'm not having much luck at replies......"NEVER GIVE UP....NEVER SURRENDER......"

emerita May 24th, 2003 08:49 AM

Em drags in weary eyed after reading all morning in the forum. "I'll have a hot bottle of Saki,Max. Not much action on the board today....I guess everyone has a life but me...and this is my last free weekend for a long time. I'll be starting 12 hour shifts at my work for at least the next year. I am hoping to get enough cash saved up to go to Galacticon......how about some lunch, I'm starved..........

Muffit May 24th, 2003 12:48 PM

Hi Em! Wow, a year of 12 hour days. I did that once. In fact, for several months it was 12 hours 7 days a week, with one day off a month. Luckily it was only for a short time. One good thing about 12 hours, the pay is GREAT! :)

Take care,

Flamingo Girl May 24th, 2003 07:56 PM

It depends on the job I think, how good 12 hour days are. The pit of hell worked the life out of me with just 10 hour days, 1 day off in two weeks. On the one day off I had to grocery shop and do laundry, made it hard to enjoy it.

Muffit June 7th, 2003 08:16 PM

I love TVLand. Last weekend I watched the Bewitched marathon. This weekend I am watching the I Dream of Jeannie marathon. Those were 2 of the best shows ever produced, IMO.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could twitch our nose or fold our hands and bob our head and get a wish?

I would be happy with one...

Flamingo Girl June 7th, 2003 08:42 PM

*places finger on nose*

*wiggles tip of nose furiously*

emerita June 9th, 2003 05:51 AM

I HATE WORKING!!!! Retirement was so much more fun.. Now I don't have time to be here or in my fantasy life very much......My computer actually need dusting today.....never thought Id see that happen.....LOL
*twitches nose to win the lottery*