Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   14th Colony's House of Enlightenment & Wise-Assners (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3809)

GreenBear January 1st, 2004 01:40 PM

Why the sky is blue, the true story.

Many years ago, traveling in the high reaches of Tibet, I happened upon a wisened old lama and asked him, "Why is the sky blue?"

He told me, "The sky is blue, young grasshopper, because if it was green you wouldn't know where to stop mowing."

Now, mind you, I never actually saw a lawn in Tibet, but the answer seemed to make sense at the time...

The 14th Colony January 1st, 2004 06:43 PM

I knew that lama. He was my apprentice.

Wise man say,
That which does not kill me...I killed first.

The 14th Colony January 1st, 2004 06:45 PM

However, my former padawan did not get that one fully right. That is only one reason why the sky is blue. The main reason is much deeper and more significant, a reason only I in my wiseness knows.

ojai22 January 1st, 2004 09:08 PM

Re: 14th Colony's House of Enlightenment & Wise-Assners

Quote:

Originally posted by The 14th Colony
I

Ask me all that you wish to know, and I will answer,

I have a question:

What color is the sky in the world where you live?

;)

bsg1fan1975 January 8th, 2004 12:50 PM

O Omnipotent One,

I am pondering a very disturbing question. Why are there women hating men in the world? What did the female species ever do to them?

The 14th Colony January 9th, 2004 11:37 AM

Re: Re: 14th Colony's House of Enlightenment & Wise-Assners

Quote:

Originally posted by ojai22
I have a question:

What color is the sky in the world where you live?

;)

It is shades of green, with a cyan and magenta sunset. I live on the planet Trylania, in the city if Jhervis.

The 14th Colony January 9th, 2004 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bsg1fan1975
O Omnipotent One,

I am pondering a very disturbing question. Why are there women hating men in the world? What did the female species ever do to them?

I wasn't sure the answer to that, so I asked my grandmother but she kicked me in the testies. I'll ask her again later when she's not in so foul a mood.

emerita January 10th, 2004 08:41 AM

OK...0 wise one...."who's your favorite sister"

The 14th Colony January 10th, 2004 09:09 AM

Why, that would be you, elder sweetness.....even though you've avoided my second survey. I feel so unworthy. :cry:

emerita January 10th, 2004 09:26 AM

:blink: What?! I missed it? OMG where.....I think it may be your new avatar that has me confused....looking at boobs when I am talking to you...is distracting on a gender level.... ;)

emerita January 10th, 2004 09:28 AM

How come all the new avatars resemble me?

The 14th Colony January 10th, 2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by emerita
How come all the new avatars resemble me?
Do you mean all the new smilies with the Viper helmets, or do you mean my avatars? You probably meant my avatars, but I want to be sure so I can answer you properly.

The 14th Colony January 10th, 2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by emerita
:blink: What?! I missed it? OMG where.....I think it may be your new avatar that has me confused....looking at boobs when I am talking to you...is distracting on a gender level.... ;)
It is here in the Cafe section, sinking lower and lower on the page as more people avoid it and post elsewhere. Simply go to my signature area and click the 3rd link. That will take you right there. The second link goes to the first survey.

emerita January 10th, 2004 01:13 PM

OK, i took your survey....lol

braxiss March 21st, 2004 06:02 PM

wise master,

why do feet smell and noses run???????

launchcruiser7 March 22nd, 2004 01:08 PM

wallet keys money pen notebook smokes lighter rubber and change wellllllll?????!! the stuff you hope your goina need george carlin a place for my stuff :salute:

warhammerdriver March 23rd, 2004 08:21 PM

O Wise and Mighty All Knowing Seer I beseech the gift of thy wisdom.

What fly should I cast to catch Brown Trout on the second Sunday of June?

Rowan March 23rd, 2004 08:40 PM

always wanted to learn fly fishing :)

oh wise and wonderful all knowing Guru I would like to know why it is that men aren't physiologically designed to have babies, if we both could then we could spell each other off or who ever would prefer to get pregnat could, it would be so practical.:) ;)

Muffit March 23rd, 2004 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warhammerdriver
O Wise and Mighty All Knowing Seer I beseech the gift of thy wisdom.

What fly should I cast to catch Brown Trout on the second Sunday of June?

A daggit with long flowing hair and dusty robes, wearing dozens of amulets, steps up to answer in lieu of 14th, who appears to be lost somewhere in contemplation...

Daggit: "Ah, grasshoppa, important thing is to make sure fly is shut when standing in stream full of big mouth trout...!!!"

:D

Rowan March 23rd, 2004 11:10 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)