PDA

View Full Version : News of BSG/FS Mods..

Raptor
March 12th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Not sure if this is the right place, but I've got to start somewhere...

First off, Hello to all! I, Raptor, have travelled across the deep abysses of the Internet to provide news to all the BSG fans, TOS and ReI, that within the ranks of "The Hard Light Productions", two mods for BSG are underway.

HLP is a forum dedicated to the modding of the 1995 hit space sim "Freespace 2".
recent advances by a team of fans, working with the released source code, have dramaticly increased the power of this old game.

There was a TOS mod made for FS2 a few years ago, before the SCP (Source Code Project). Lately, a few people, including myself, begun to attempt a new version. However most have defected to a ReIBSG mod, that has made rapid advances. Soon you will be able to fly the Vipers (assuming you have FS2 :duck: )

However, I am still aiming for an TOS mod, and to that end I'm hoping to contact some of the people here who have modelled BSG ships in the past (Stevew being one...) since my own modelling skills are not yet advanced enough yet... :cry:

Once again, hello all and, of course...

LONG LIVE (orginial) BATTLESTAR GALATICA! :salute::viper:

HLP Link:
http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/index.php?s=
BSG threads are under "Freespace Modding"

BST
March 12th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Raptor,

Welcome to Colonial Fleets!! :) :salute:

BST

gmd3d
March 12th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Welcome to fleets. Raptor :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Zinjo
September 19th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I am watching this mod very closely!

I can't wait...

Raptor
September 20th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I am watching this mod very closely!

I can't wait...
Err, I have to admit I've done very little on the Orginial BSG TC (too much else to do!)

Plus I'm having trouble working what to do with the texturing (and getting useable models...)

The 2001BSG mod is apparently progessing fast though.

I do plan on doing stuff, but ATM things are dead...:errr::nervous: