PDA

View Full Version : Special Announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Announcing: The Worlds of Galactica!

Hail and well met, all my fellow Galactica friends!!!! This silly daggit would like to announce to one and all, the beginning of a new era for Battlestar Galactica fandom! Welcome to the grand opening of -- The Worlds of Galactica! A united fanbase effort to bring the show we all love to the world!!!

Very recently, during the big server move of Colonial Fleets, Thomas (our resident animé artist and VB guru extraordinaire), said something that stirred a tiny flame in me; and from that flame emerged a dream so big I felt as though it were 1978 all over again, and this treasured show we all love so well were being shown for the very first time this coming Sunday!

Imagine the hub of a huge space station, with infinite spokes leading to infinite places, uniting the entire online world of BSG for the very first time!!! A kind of United Nations in cyberspace, where people of all beliefs and origins, and talents as diverse as a 64 bit palette, could congregate together and then fan out (sorry :LOL: ) to whatever area among hundreds their hearts desired. A real-time 3D world where each and every one of you appear as a customizable character on screen, and frolic in and out between your very best friends, into chat rooms that really are rooms (and aboard the Galactica to boot!); online shops representing anyone and everyone who desires to link to us; completely free online games written in Flash updated constantly which you can play with your online friends; guilds where you can negotiate art talent for your animated 3d characters, or build your own visually stunning 3d shops to show off your own talent; galleries of 2d and 3d art by our gifted members; libraries chock full of fan fiction to your heart’s content; even autographed hard copies of both if you like for a small fee from the artist or writer (like Dark Exodus signed by the author himself!); and of course, our beloved forums just as they have always been, but with special new features allowing video and voice if you are so inclined!

A dynamic, ever-changing 3d world dreamed by the fans, for the fans, and to the world. And a place where each and every one of you can showcase your talent by contributing to this wonderful new venue with whatever abilities you might have: 2d art, 3d art, mesh creation, location naming, testing, texturing, shading, level design, coding (Windows, Mac, php, cgi, Flash, etc), library and content admins (easy!), translation (yes! we will need localization talents so we are world-friendly!), and anything else we can all dream up!! And although the main site itself will be free to all and not sell anything, everyone (and I mean everyone) will be welcome to advertise their talents and wares through doors to shops and shuttles to worlds just like in the imagined future! (And yes, that includes the big guys if they so desire, i.e. Universal, etc). All things Galactica, everywhere, accessible from one unique meeting place, and all for free, all for the love of the show.

So what do you all think? As our dear Kingfish would say, “Holla if ya hear me!!” :D

Please let Thomas and I know if you are interested, and what you’d like to bring to the party – no one will be turned away if your heart is in the right place! Don’t be shy – I’m certain you have a talent we can use! Simply reply to this post! And feel free to add your own ideas – this is a group dream folks!!!

Special announcement! To begin this grand journey, we will have a little contest – our dream needs a vision, and all visions need a tangible portrait – so get those pixels, acrylics and oils out, and whip us up a logo page! Something that encompasses this dream somehow – all things BSG, past, present and future!! We will then have an online poll to choose the winning picture, and the winner will receive – drum roll please – 5,000 bread ties and a year’s supply of Blue kool-aid in the Café!!! (You were expecting maybe cubits??? :LOL: ).

As a dear friend of mine likes to say, “And so it begins…”

Affectionately to one and all,
Muffit and Thomas7g
:muffit:

Bojay
February 12th, 2005, 08:14 AM
It took Lucas Arts 2 years to make Star Wars Galaxies, Some folks are making a Star Trek univese, release date to be sometime in 2006.

Contact the folks that made Earth & Beyond, Lucas bought the space model for SWG. Maybe thier base engine is still available. Or maybe you can make a "SIMS" module.

Either way its gonna cost big bucks

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Hi Bojay!

No worries, this won't cost much at all... we're not trying to make a multiplayer sim or anything like that (heavens no). Basically, this will be a Winchester Mystery Site -- "keeeep buuiilding..." -- :D We will start out really small, with just a few parts in 3d, then gradually add to it as time goes by. It will always be open, yet always be developing -- no 2 year waits either!!!

Essentially, the vision is to create a 3d browser -- nothing more. Something besides boring text-based forums and endlessly clicking on links, wondering where they go. When you login, you will be given a choice; standard, just like things are now, good old plain html and php web pages -- OR you can move up at any time to the 3d experience. If it were 2d I'm betting I could write most of it in just a month or so; but of course 3d is a bit more involved, so the idea is to build it block by block, area by area, slowly adding features as we learn what works best -- and all the time it will be OPEN (except during big upgrades of course, but that should be just an hour's worth at a time, like most server upgrades).

For starters, there are a ton of 3d engines out there with Gnu licenses, really pretty good engines at that too. We don't need anything like the latest tech, certainly not now anyway. Just a basic multiplatform engine which allows you to create a level of meshes wrapped with pleasing textures, and of course very basic triggers at each doorway, shuttle cockpit, etc. All we are doing is replacing text links and flat font browsers with a true 3d browser with 3d links, and that's it. Data interchange will be simple bit compressed packets of a few k, and the small client modules running at the full user's speed will do the rest. The server module simply routes packets and keeps the database updated. Nothing could be simpler! (Okay, growing veggies would be simpler, I grant you, but who wants to chat with a carrot!! :LOL: ).

Be of good cheer! This daggit has a pretty good idea how to "make it so" without all the mumbo jumbo of most software projects. (Shoot, just cancel the group meetings and we'd cut months off the schedule!!! :LOL: ).

This is not going to be a pyramid, just some landscaping to make things pretty. ;)

Fondly,
Muffit

martok2112
February 12th, 2005, 08:57 AM
muffit,

I am down for such a grand adventure. :) (I guess I better work on Reciprocity some more so that it doesn't fall too far behind the grand opening.) :)

You got my vote.

Marty McKlingon :rose:

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks friend Martok!!

Ooh, here's a good one all... think this stuff is brain surgery? ;) Check this out... :D

http://www.activeworlds.com/

This is just one of many - ultra cool, ready to rock and roll. Complete with 3d sound, user customizable worlds, choice of your own servers, even a complete SDK and suite of 3rd party utilities!!

It's just w Win program for now, but heck, the day is still young... ;)

Gemini1999
February 12th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Muffit -

It looks and sounds like a terrific idea. I congratulate you on finding such an inspiring way to make Fleets truly unique. I wish that I could contribute, but I have all the computer skills of a square of linoleum...

I can't wait to see how this all works out!

Oh, I did have a tiny suggestion (in case you didn't already think of it). What about using the various ships in the Fleet for things like the Cafe or whatever? That way, people could be "shuttled" around. There are 220 ships in the Fleet and we've only seen 5-7 of them on either series...

Just something to chew on!

Best,
Bryan

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Oh yes, definitely Gemini!!! We can start out small and simple, say with the Galactica bridge, then add the rest of the ship, then shuttles to take us to other ships (Cylon Alliance, Dirk's site, Bsg.com, etc), and even on to other worlds! See? That's the best part! We all keep adding suggestions, and little by little we grow into an ever developing dream! Don't worry about the computer talent arena -- coding is actually a small part of most software projects. There are artists, script writers, gif creators, page layout designers, people in charge of assets (keeping track of WIP art, sounds, etc) - and of course the all important testers! Any of us could be a tester, and believe me, that's an important part of all this!!! I would like to put lots of sound and jokes into this, (yay jokes!!!), and we will need folks to lend their voice talents and humor ideas as well. Who knows? You may find you're perfect for something none of us even thought of??!!

Thanks for your reply, and your idea!!! :thumbsup:

Affectionately,
Muffit

repcisg
February 12th, 2005, 10:38 AM
A great idea, will help bring life into all versions.

Let me know what I can do.

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks Repcisg!!! I know we can all help out in one way or another!
The best part is, after everything is up and running, many of our services will be needed on an optional basis, so in addition to online shops, fandom will have its own marketplace to sell their individual talents to those who want an even more immersive experience - ultra cool animated characters that look like them, gallery setup, yadda, yadda (think ringtones and wallpaper suppliers for cell phones ;) ).

Thanks again!! :thumbsup:

gmd3d
February 12th, 2005, 01:14 PM
This sound's fantastic, I will help if i can.

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks so much Taranis!! Welcome aboard!!! :thumbsup:

gmd3d
February 12th, 2005, 01:42 PM
I am investigating the activeworlds site to learn more. and I like Gemini1999 idea of using other ships in the fleet.

The Celestra as The HELP ZONE.
The Gridbarge as the thwacking area :LOL:

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Wow, those are great ideas Taranis!! I like it!! :thumbsup:

This is so neat, it's only been half a day and everyone's already contributing!!
Ooh, btw, ActiveWorlds may not end up being our primary choice, I just wanted to show how quickly we can find various pre-existing engines that would have us up and running in just a few weeks or so. But we might to begin with, who knows?! ;)

Down the road, we will want to migrate more and more to our own customized engine (which would probably be someone else's, albeit heavily BSG'd just for us ;) ). ActiveWorlds looks fantastic, the only con is registered users might have to pay a monthly fee -- we want to avoid that if at all possible. I am not at all against a server module fee, that's a given. I just want this as free as free can be (plus it doesns't appear to be on Mac yet).

However, if this thing actually takes off and we get a lot of interest (read /users/), we may well be able to negotiate a fee low enough everyone will be happy :).

Ooh, and all, this will /not/ replace Fleets in any way, shape or form. It's a visual and audibly rich gateway, nothing more. But down the road, I am dreaming of a BB system which itself is 3d -- hey, I can dream, can't I??? :LOL:

repcisg
February 12th, 2005, 02:06 PM
The only long term issue I see is end user bandwidth. Dialup users will find the sit much too slow. But then if we retain Fleets, they will have a home too.

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Ah, good point Repcisg! But not to worry! This middle-aged daggit grew up on 300 baud modem games!!! There's /always/ a trick when coding to make these machines fly, even without wings ;)

Think data on client, phone operator on server -- all she's gotta do is plug dis caller into dat one... :thumbsup:

Rowan
February 12th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Is this sort of what you had in mind Muffit?

http://www.seansgallery.com/hallway.html

Fragmentary
February 12th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Hey Muffit,
This all sounds like a great idea! Very ambitious as well. I can't wait to see how this all develops.
Do you have any specific requirements for the logo page? Size, important info, etc???

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 04:18 PM

Wow, that is /very/ cool Rowan!! :thumbsup: That is very much like what we are envisioning, with one exception -- you will be able to walk thru the ship/world/etc, using a customized animated head (even your own if ya like!), on a tiny bodied set of legs. You know, kinda like those caricatures at the wharf ;)

Best of all, you will be able to see your FRIENDS too - what they're up to, where they're headed off to - even intercept their little journey to wherever and invite them somewhere with you!!! (OOh, stalkers will have a whole new medium to explore!!! ;) ).

Hmm, I can see your mind gears turning Rowan -- dark alleys, handsome strangers... :naughty:

:LOL:

Rowan
February 12th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Wow, that is /very/ cool Rowan!! :thumbsup: That is very much like what we are envisioning, with one exception -- you will be able to walk thru the ship/world/etc, using a customized animated head (even your own if ya like!), on a tiny bodied set of legs. You know, kinda like those caricatures at the wharf ;) wow now that sounds pretty amazing!!

Best of all, you will be able to see your FRIENDS too - what they're up to, where they're headed off to - even intercept their little journey to wherever and invite them somewhere with you!!! Ok I don't think my old brain can keep up with modern technology!! this sounds incredible!! (OOh, stalkers will have a whole new medium to explore!!! ;) ).

Hmm, I can see your mind gears turning Rowan -- dark alleys, handsome strangers... :naughty:

:LOL:
:blush: Dang she knows me too well !!! :D ;) It could get embarrassing ;) people witnessing my flirting full fledged I know a few who might not like that idea LOL! :LOL:

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Hey Muffit,
This all sounds like a great idea! Very ambitious as well. I can't wait to see how this all develops.
Do you have any specific requirements for the logo page? Size, important info, etc???

Good question Fragmentary! :) Glad you asked me. One thing that is very simple in HTML but often overlooked is detecting the user's rez on access. With that knowledge, you simply provide several different primary screens - usually at least 800x600 and 1024x768. Of course, for Mac it's probably a bit different, and also widescreens are becoming very popular (my daughter has one too).

But to answer your question, the size doesn't really matter at this point (I think I hear someone in Canada giggling :LOL: ). Anything around 800x600 would be just fine for our little contest. If it's too small we can frame it with a starfield; if it's too big we'll simply resize it a bit.

Sorry I forgot to mention this! Btw, in all possibility, we may end up using /all/ the entries somewhere on the initial site (picture on walls, etc). Well, everybody's except my Dark Exodus daggit pic... :LOL: :LOL:

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 04:34 PM
:blush: Dang she knows me too well !!! :D ;) It could get embarrassing ;) people witnessing my flirting full fledged I know a few who might not like that idea LOL! :LOL:

ROTFL Rowan!!! We might need a whole new set of rules!!! :D :D :D

martok2112
February 12th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Good question Fragmentary! :) Glad you asked me. One thing that is very simple in HTML but often overlooked is detecting the user's rez on access. With that knowledge, you simply provide several different primary screens - usually at least 800x600 and 1024x768. Of course, for Mac it's probably a bit different, and also widescreens are becoming very popular (my daughter has one too).

But to answer your question, the size doesn't really matter at this point (I think I hear someone in Canada giggling :LOL: ). Anything around 800x600 would be just fine for our little contest. If it's too small we can frame it with a starfield; if it's too big we'll simply resize it a bit.

Sorry I forgot to mention this! Btw, in all possibility, we may end up using /all/ the entries somewhere on the initial site (picture on walls, etc). Well, everybody's except my Dark Exodus daggit pic... :LOL: :LOL:

I get so giddy when I see Dark Exodus mentioned in other areas of the Fleets. Most flattering. :D Heck, Muff Daggy, why don't'cha go ahead and post your humorous little fanart? I thought it was hilarious, and flattering. :D

Everyone has posted so many wonderful ideas for the 3D possibilities. I am anxious to see it in action.

Respectfully,
Mart Klingy (ok...so it doesn't sound quite as cool as Muff Daggy) :P:

vectrex70
February 12th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Hey Muffit
Have you thought about simulating the Tektronix 4051 computer terminal they used in BSG? It would be cool to see these terminals with Vectorgraphic Effects!

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 09:03 PM
VECTREX!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the frack are you??? :D :D :D

It's so good to hear from ya!! :thumbsup: That is an OUTSTANDING idea!!!!!!! Consider it a TOP priority!!! When I first started out adding graphics, they were all vector based - wish to heck I still had the commented source code! :) That is SO COOL!!! Absolutely, we can place monitors (think ATMs) around the world, and when you walk up to one your window will switch to simulated vector graphics mode - truly a BSG icon if there ever was one!!

Rigel: (As a host of little green triangles crawl from left to right): "10 microns and closing...!!!"

Geez, I haven't been this excited over an idea in eons (yehons??? :LOL: ).
Thank you all for such terrific ideas!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Affectionately,
Muffit

Darrell Lawrence
February 12th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Muffit, I popped up a possible opening cover art piece for ya in another thread in this forum.

Muffit
February 12th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Muffit, I popped up a possible opening cover art piece for ya in another thread in this forum.

Hi Warrior!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw it -- so AWESOME!!! :thumbsup:

:salute:

amberstar
February 12th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Sounds like a great idea Muffit........it would be a fun place :salute:

Muffit
February 13th, 2005, 09:01 AM
(((((((((Amberstar)))))))))))))

Sept17th
February 15th, 2005, 11:09 AM
I swear I read Muffit’s post twice, can some one break this down for me like I’m Boxey.?

Archangel
February 15th, 2005, 11:19 AM
This sounds like a great idea!

Three cheers for our resident daggit

HIP HIP...

*so, who's gonna finish it?* :D

Dawg
February 15th, 2005, 11:20 AM
I swear I read Muffit’s post twice, can some one break this down for me like I’m Boxey.?

She gave Amberstar a hug.

;)

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Rowan
February 15th, 2005, 11:38 AM
This sounds like a great idea!

Three cheers for our resident daggit

HIP HIP...

*so, who's gonna finish it?* :D Me ;)

Hooray!! :thumbsup:

Rowan
February 15th, 2005, 11:40 AM
She gave Amberstar a hug.

;)

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Maybe Sept17th needs a hug after that ;) (((((((((((((Sept17th))))))))))))))))):D

Sept17th
February 15th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Ahh Frak! I meant Muffit's post that started this thread...gave Amberstar a hug sheesh.

Rowan
February 15th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Ahh Frak! I meant Muffit's post that started this thread...gave Amberstar a hug sheesh.

I knew what you were referring to Sert17th :LOL: probably Dawg did too it was just too irresistible to tease you though;) :D

Dawg
February 15th, 2005, 02:46 PM
;)

Muffit
February 15th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Hi Sept17th!

I will be back in a bit, am having problems with family right now, working 2 projects from 6:00AM till midnite, and they aren't too happy. Be back in a few...

jewels
February 15th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Virtual Galactica. You get to walk around the ship, maybe have a space battle....essentially live out a live interactive fanfic once all is functional. All through your internet browser.
Jewels

Muffit
February 15th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks Jewels!!! That's it!

Oh, but a little more than that -- Worlds of Galactica will (hopefully) be like a virtual marketplace and grand central station -- everything Galactica will be able to be reached from one simple immersive 3d battlestar. You will see signs in the hallway that say "Cylon Alliance" and "Fan Fiction". Enter those rooms and it wil take you straight to those sites!!! No more silly 2d hyperlinks - we're gonna use 3d virtual reality hyperlinks!!! CLimb in a shuttle -- and zoom off to the Costume marketplace. Or play any of a host of free online games with your friends! Wanna fly one of those duo-vipers from Richard's books? See what the Skye look like??? (with his permission of course!) It will all be here!

Star Trek had 3 years to become like family to the world. We're hoping to invite everyone over to our place for 24 hour a day interactive Galactica where YOU are the star!!!

Anywho, that's the dream. With a little grace and a lot of optimism, this is one dream we can /all/ make come true...

Fondly,
Muffit

P.S. I would also like to introduce a new virtual money system - cubits!!!!!!!! Win or earn soft cubits by contributing time, art, prizes, or whatever, then take them to the Exchange on Carillon, and voila you have /real/ cubits -- hard cubits -- virtual money which you cna buy /real/ merchandise with!!! Trade them to a guild artist for custom artwork characters, or buy a DVD box set!!! This is gonna be SO FUN!!! :salute: :Nsalute: :warrior:

unowhoandwhy
February 17th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Muffit, etc.

What a great idea! If I can help in any way, let me know. I know enough html to make me dangerous ;) and I am learning my way around php for a bulletin board that I moderate, so I could test stuff, but I am pretty sure that my skills aren't up to par as far as designing anything.

As for art, etc.... well, I have trouble drawing stick figures, I may not be the one to provide that sort of thing! Although, I am taking an Applied Computer Science class & learning the basics of ray tracing using PovRay (http://www.povray.org/), so again, I will know just enough to make me dangerous & not enough to be really useful... :D

I look forward to seeing this dream take shape! You guys are the best!

shiningstar
March 11th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Sounds good Muff daggit. By the way I love your new Avatar.

Announcing: The Worlds of Galactica!

Hail and well met, all my fellow Galactica friends!!!! This silly daggit would like to announce to one and all, the beginning of a new era for Battlestar Galactica fandom! Welcome to the grand opening of -- The Worlds of Galactica! A united fanbase effort to bring the show we all love to the world!!!

Very recently, during the big server move of Colonial Fleets, Thomas (our resident animé artist and VB guru extraordinaire), said something that stirred a tiny flame in me; and from that flame emerged a dream so big I felt as though it were 1978 all over again, and this treasured show we all love so well were being shown for the very first time this coming Sunday!

Imagine the hub of a huge space station, with infinite spokes leading to infinite places, uniting the entire online world of BSG for the very first time!!! A kind of United Nations in cyberspace, where people of all beliefs and origins, and talents as diverse as a 64 bit palette, could congregate together and then fan out (sorry :LOL: ) to whatever area among hundreds their hearts desired. A real-time 3D world where each and every one of you appear as a customizable character on screen, and frolic in and out between your very best friends, into chat rooms that really are rooms (and aboard the Galactica to boot!); online shops representing anyone and everyone who desires to link to us; completely free online games written in Flash updated constantly which you can play with your online friends; guilds where you can negotiate art talent for your animated 3d characters, or build your own visually stunning 3d shops to show off your own talent; galleries of 2d and 3d art by our gifted members; libraries chock full of fan fiction to your heart’s content; even autographed hard copies of both if you like for a small fee from the artist or writer (like Dark Exodus signed by the author himself!); and of course, our beloved forums just as they have always been, but with special new features allowing video and voice if you are so inclined!

A dynamic, ever-changing 3d world dreamed by the fans, for the fans, and to the world. And a place where each and every one of you can showcase your talent by contributing to this wonderful new venue with whatever abilities you might have: 2d art, 3d art, mesh creation, location naming, testing, texturing, shading, level design, coding (Windows, Mac, php, cgi, Flash, etc), library and content admins (easy!), translation (yes! we will need localization talents so we are world-friendly!), and anything else we can all dream up!! And although the main site itself will be free to all and not sell anything, everyone (and I mean everyone) will be welcome to advertise their talents and wares through doors to shops and shuttles to worlds just like in the imagined future! (And yes, that includes the big guys if they so desire, i.e. Universal, etc). All things Galactica, everywhere, accessible from one unique meeting place, and all for free, all for the love of the show.

So what do you all think? As our dear Kingfish would say, “Holla if ya hear me!!” :D

Please let Thomas and I know if you are interested, and what you’d like to bring to the party – no one will be turned away if your heart is in the right place! Don’t be shy – I’m certain you have a talent we can use! Simply reply to this post! And feel free to add your own ideas – this is a group dream folks!!!

Special announcement! To begin this grand journey, we will have a little contest – our dream needs a vision, and all visions need a tangible portrait – so get those pixels, acrylics and oils out, and whip us up a logo page! Something that encompasses this dream somehow – all things BSG, past, present and future!! We will then have an online poll to choose the winning picture, and the winner will receive – drum roll please – 5,000 bread ties and a year’s supply of Blue kool-aid in the Café!!! (You were expecting maybe cubits??? :LOL: ).

As a dear friend of mine likes to say, “And so it begins…”

Affectionately to one and all,
Muffit and Thomas7g

shiningstar
March 11th, 2005, 05:50 PM

now THAT link I like!

gmd3d
March 12th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Thats soo coool.
But I think the plans that the siress muffit and sire tom have is you
load your self in as a character and move with in vertual BSG world.

thanks for the link.I like this guys work and have see it around :thumbsup:

BS Cerberus
March 29th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I'm definately onboard, please let me know if I can be any help!

Kronus
May 7th, 2005, 09:25 AM
;)I like this, I will check into it!

Haveke
May 8th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks Jewels!!! That's it!

Oh, but a little more than that -- Worlds of Galactica will (hopefully) be like a virtual marketplace and grand central station -- everything Galactica will be able to be reached from one simple immersive 3d battlestar. You will see signs in the hallway that say "Cylon Alliance" and "Fan Fiction". Enter those rooms and it wil take you straight to those sites!!! No more silly 2d hyperlinks - we're gonna use 3d virtual reality hyperlinks!!! CLimb in a shuttle -- and zoom off to the Costume marketplace. Or play any of a host of free online games with your friends! Wanna fly one of those duo-vipers from Richard's books? See what the Skye look like??? (with his permission of course!) It will all be here!

Star Trek had 3 years to become like family to the world. We're hoping to invite everyone over to our place for 24 hour a day interactive Galactica where YOU are the star!!!

Anywho, that's the dream. With a little grace and a lot of optimism, this is one dream we can /all/ make come true...

Fondly,
Muffit

P.S. I would also like to introduce a new virtual money system - cubits!!!!!!!! Win or earn soft cubits by contributing time, art, prizes, or whatever, then take them to the Exchange on Carillon, and voila you have /real/ cubits -- hard cubits -- virtual money which you cna buy /real/ merchandise with!!! Trade them to a guild artist for custom artwork characters, or buy a DVD box set!!! This is gonna be SO FUN!!! :salute: :Nsalute: :warrior:

My Dearest Muffit,

Cubits!! Yes!! :) Oh, BTW... 14 Yarns Ago I Ordered my 1st Deck of Pyramid Cards From Intergalactic Trading Company... Since You Can't Run a Game Without Hard Currency: I Also Picked Up a Supply of Cubits. (Not Joking Herre Folks, These Are Actual Orginal Galactia Props... The Detailed Stamping is Beautiful. :) ;) :salute: :colonial:

However, I'm Down to My Last Remaining Cubit... Set Only Came with Two. :( I Don't Always Win Every Hand Of Cards... :wtf: :( Lost it to My Best Frind in the World. :)

We Got these Little Hexagonial Cheese Crackers and Were Using them as Cubits... One of the Other Players Kept Running Low On Cubits, and Had to Keep Getting another Line of Credit From the Bank...(Turns Out He Was Eating His Cubits!!) :blush: :rotf: :popcorn:

Good Thing This Was Only a Friendly Game... ;)

How About Having an Elite Squaderon? :/: :cool: :colonial:

BTW... My Previous Assignment was with the Battlestar Phoenix. :warrior:

:warrior: :warrior: :colonial:

Always Stay With Your Wingman :thumbsup:

julix
May 16th, 2005, 01:39 PM
haveke..........
sorry to stray from the thread topic.........but I saw you got a pyramid game. I am thinking of trying to do a pyramid section at the BG con next year.......so brush up, maybe you and your friends could teach people to play??? And where did you get the cards/cubits???

Haveke
May 16th, 2005, 05:15 PM
haveke..........
sorry to stray from the thread topic.........but I saw you got a pyramid game. I am thinking of trying to do a pyramid section at the BG con next year.......so brush up, maybe you and your friends could teach people to play??? And where did you get the cards/cubits???

Sorry to Say: I No Longer Have My Pyramid Deck Anymore :( :cry: :( :cry: ... Got Water Damaged During a Waterbed Malfunction. ;) The Game is Actually Very Easy to Learn. Here is a Picture of a Pyramid Deck:

Its Basically Poker, Only the Cards are Hexagonial ... Instead of Having Numbers & Face Cards, You Have Colors... Red, Blue, Yellow, and Black.; With Little Pyramids. You Have Cards That Have Colored Pyramids an 'em (You Try to Build a Pyramid) (Just Like Trying to Build the Hightest Hand in Poker) If I Remember Correctly, You Have Third Level Pyramid (Hand) .. Second Level Pyramid (Hand) ... and Third Level Pyramid (High Hand) ... Then There is the Hand Starbuck is Getting Ready to Play... Right As the Alert Klaxon Sounds... "You May Never See One Again Fellows... a Perfect Pyramid"... Perfect Pyramind Consists of a CAPSTONE (Single GREEN Pyramid) CAPSTONE is the ONLY WILD CARD in the Deck... Also I Warrn You This: Pyramid is VERY Addictive!! You'll find yourself Betting Your Last Cubit, Hey I've Even Put up the Pink Slip (Title) to My Viper... Just to Cover a Bet... :wtf: ;) (Hey, Just Rremember Han Won the Millennium Falcon from Lando in a Sabot Game) (BTW... Sabot Is Just Basically Poker too) :)

Anyway... I Bought My Pyramid Deck & My Supply of Cubits From Intergalactic Trading Company. (Be Fore Warned They Don't Come Cheap) :( ;)
Here is the URL :

http://www.intergalactictrading.com/

The Pyramid Decks are Thick Paper... I Really Wish they had some kind of Coating Like today's Playing Cards.

I Hope I was Able to Point you in the Right Direction there... :salute: :warrior:

Now, If You Wanna See My Cards... You'll Have to Ante Up... :) :colonial:

First Round's On Me!! :salute: :warrior: :beer: :mushies:

Jay:tinypin:

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Mission...We're Coming Back! :warrior:

See You On The Flight Deck:coolangel: :wings:

Always Stay With Your Wingman

Haveke
May 16th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Hey, Hope You Enjoy Your Tour of Intergalactic Trading Company. They Are Based out of Florida, they Deal in the Best & Hardest to Find ScFi Collectables :colonial: :warrior: :cylon:... They Even Have an Orginal Colonial Warrier Helment (Actual Prop, Not Some Cheap Copy) Last Time I Checked on the Price, I Believe it was Somewhere in the Neighborhood of around $1,500 (US) :colonial:

Also Here is something that I've Discovered, and Wanted to Share With the Rest of You: The Warrior Pins Worn By The Galactia Warriors is Actually a US ARMY INTELLIGENCE Insigna Pin!! :warrior: For the Bridge Crew, they Just Gave 'em a Glossy Coat of Silver... Or Maybe Chrome. :)

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On for No Onewway Mission...We're Coming Back!:warrior:

julix
May 16th, 2005, 06:45 PM
thanks Haveke.........
they do have cool stuff :)

Haveke
May 16th, 2005, 08:39 PM
thanks Haveke.........

Back Before the Internet Became what it is Today, I was on their Mailing List... I Would Get a New Catalog Each Year. If I had a Dollar for every time I've thumbed through those catalogs.... ;)

Main Problem is this: Galactia Stuff is Very Collectable, and in Limited Supply sometimes... I think they Pretty Much Bought the Cubit Props Out Right. :LOL:

They tend to sell Collectable Merchandise By the Lots (Dealers Order BIG Orders) Usally these People Will be setup at ScFi Cons... Some people Like to Purchase Collectables, and Not Open/Use Them... Not Me!! ;) :) :LOL: :wtf: :salute:

If I'm gonna Shell Out Nearly $20 for a Deck of Pyramid Cards, I'm gonna Use 'em!! :) I've Noticed that the New BSG Has Made use of Both Cubit Tiles, and also Paper Money. Judging from the Thunk sound the Cubits made on the table, I would say they are gonna be Basically the Same as the Orginal Cubits... It'll Probably Have the Colonial Stamp on the Back...

I'm Not Real Sure Here, But I Believe Each Battlestar Had its Own Stamped Cubits... I really Wish there had been Cubits for the Pegasus Available... :( :cry:

I've run across another Place Online where you can buy an Entire Colonial Warrior's Uniform... Both Battle Dress & Formal... Even Replica Weapons (Cast From the Orginal Prop Molds I Might Add) Here is the Site that Will Help to Outfit You for Any Adventure... :warrior:

http://www.battlestargalactica.org/

This Site Rocks!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:colonial: :colonial: :colonial: :colonial: :colonial:

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On for No Oneway Mission...We're Coming Back! :warrior:

See You On the Flight Deck:coolangel: :wings:

"Here's to Our Victory Over The Cylons!!" :warrior: :thumbsup: :beer:--Cain

Haveke
May 16th, 2005, 09:01 PM
thanks Haveke.........

No Problem, What's a Wingman for? ;) :) :salute: :colonial: :thumbsup:

Now, If I can just get someone to show me how to Post Images Here... Then My Posts will Be Even More Colorful!! :) ;) :salute:

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Mission...We're Coming Back! :warrior:

julix
May 19th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Wow.........
Thanks again Haveke!!!!! I posted your link(giving you full credit) over at Laurette's board too.....very nice :) And with the con next year people can get all they need :D

Sorry to digress.............back on topic :)

Haveke
May 19th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Wow.........
Thanks again Haveke!!!!! I posted your link(giving you full credit) over at Laurette's board too.....very nice :) And with the con next year people can get all they need :D

Sorry to digress.............back on topic :)

Hey, its Not Digress... I Call it "Hyper Thinking" ;) :salute:

Always Glad to Help Out a Fellow Warrior :salute: :colonial:

"To Our Victory Over the Cylons!!...The First Round's On Me."--Commander Cain :warrior:

I watched Part of Battlestar Galactia earlier today on ScFi (Living Legend was Coming On as I Was Heading Out) Went to see Revenge of The Sith Excellent Movie!! :thumbsup: Oh, Guess I Forgot to Mention that I Created Myself a Battlestar Galactia Cap (New Series) Bright Red Silver Embroyed: BSG-75 on the Front, and In Smaller Letters: BSG (I Found a Font that is Just Like that of Galactia.

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On for No Oneway Mission...We're Coming Back! :warrior:

julix
May 20th, 2005, 04:14 AM
The hat sounds cool indeed...........and you are right the movie rocked!!!

Haveke
May 20th, 2005, 12:58 PM
The hat sounds cool indeed...........and you are right the movie rocked!!!

Everone Can Order the BSG Viper Patch and Sew it on a Hat... Well, I just thought I'd Go One Step Further. Back When I Was a Young Kid & watching the Orginal Galactia, I got a Sticker Patch (Which I Placed on a Jacket & Thats What Really Got Me Into Battlestar Galactia) ... Well, that and all the Cool Space battles.... I always Looked Forward to Watching Galactic & Buck Rogers... Having the Chance to Rewatch Buck Rogers... That Series Was Really Hooky!! ;)

I Like My BSG-75 Hat, it Sorta Connects Me to the New Series... I Even Designed My Own Version of The Battlestar Galactic Ship Plaque :bg04: (as a Tatoo) Maybe after I get Further Caught up on my Bills, I Might Go Have it Inked. :wtf: ;)

I got a Ticket the Other Day... Got Tagged by the DPS (Texas Department of Public
Safety) Good 'Ole Texas State Troopers Who Have Nothing Better to Do than Setup a Speed Trap. I wa having to go pick up the Liscense Tags for my Cousin's Truck... had to drive 22 Miles to get there, Got Clocked By Rader at: 87 MPH ... :wtf: :( Gee, the Speed Limit on that Stretch of Road is 70 ... Here's the Real Bad Part: If I Were to Pay the Fine, it would Cost Me $245.00 ... Can We Say OUCH!! :wtf: :wtf: :yikes: So, I Opted to take Defensive Driving Instead... I'll have to Pay $91.00 Court Cost + $10.00 Application Processing Fee to Our State Capital (Austin,Tx) + the Cost of the Defensive Driving Class. Should Come out to somewhere between $120-$140.00 ... :cry: Oh Well, Shed No Tears For Me... I wasn't paying Attention & Just had to See What that Vehicle Can Do... :LOL:

Back On Topic: Where is this Year's GalactiCon Being Held at?? :?:

Can Someone Please Show Me How to Put Pictures into My Posts? :thumbsup: :cool:

Always Stay With Your Wingman :thumbsup: :wings:

CaptainHawke
June 26th, 2005, 07:06 AM
OMG!!! I was in theire STORE when my wife & I were in Orlando!!!! It was a little hole in the wall non-descript store on the way to a water park... We spent 5 HOURS in that store looking around drooling.... :D Never remembered the actual name... It was always "that Sci-Fi Store".... Wonder if they still have that store...

ff_a_r8hrefefef
September 1st, 2005, 08:21 PM
Ah I understand that now but what do you think about it and why would you sya so, even if i do agree in part with your reasons for coming with that reasoning, when it is at last the right way? sorry, about them again?

Tabitha
September 8th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Say Taranus is that quote from Bladerunner? It sounds familiar but Ive been having trouble placing it. thx

tabbi

Kronus
September 8th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Say Taranus is that quote from Bladerunner? It sounds familiar but Ive been having trouble placing it. thx

tabbi

Definiately from Blade Runner...It was said as an overlay by Rick Deckard, (played by Harrison Ford)

Tabitha
September 9th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Sweet, I was right!

Newton
October 2nd, 2005, 04:48 PM
so what happened to the new galactica section?

I'm lost.

ernie90125
October 2nd, 2005, 06:00 PM
Newton.....sadly this idea has not come to fruitian as far as I have seen, and I am somewhat lost with the recent posts in this thread and what they are talking about ?

This might be a brave motion to suggest, but if this idea is not likely to progress, and there are no updates, perhaps this room should be removed from the main forum listing....to make a clearer structure as we move into the future and future projects that we may undertake.....

No offense to anyone intended of course....

Roguewing
October 5th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I have to admit that I like the idea--especially after wasting several of the past few nights playing City of Heroes

BlueSquad2001
November 22nd, 2005, 12:49 AM
Newton.....sadly this idea has not come to fruitian as far as I have seen, and I am somewhat lost with the recent posts in this thread and what they are talking about ?

This might be a brave motion to suggest, but if this idea is not likely to progress, and there are no updates, perhaps this room should be removed from the main forum listing....to make a clearer structure as we move into the future and future projects that we may undertake.....

No offense to anyone intended of course....
Very few ideas see the light of day, and some undertaking that is this immense, is just a shot in the dark. I'd l9ove to see this and experience it with everyone here, but the dollar signs that begin to surface when talking about what programs will be needed and artists pay for designing, not to mention the actual time taken to design the monster of an idea, time is money. Boy hope fleet administrators and all either make a final decision to either squash this notion, or remove the thread also. Either do, or do not. :salute: :colonial: