PDA

View Full Version : Farscapers joins SG1!!!

thomas7g
December 15th, 2004, 03:24 PM
From TV Guide

OPEN STARGATE: We've got good news for fans of Sci Fi's Stargate SG-1 and great news for fans of Farscape: TV Guide Online has learned exclusively that when SG-1 begins its ninth season, Farscape hunk Ben Browder will join the long-running series as a regular. In the meantime, the show is continuing its efforts to hammer out a deal to keep erstwhile MacGyver Richard Dean Anderson (who has been with SG-1 since its 1997 debut) on board, at least in a limited capacity. Whatever happens when all the moondust settles, SG-1 returns to finish out its eighth season on Jan. 21, when it will take over the 8 pm/ET time slot to accommodate the addition of Battlestar Galactica to the net's lineup at 10. And although no reason for the cast shake-up was given, I'm pretty sure Elton John will explain it all to us shortly. How can we be so sure? Oh, keep reading; you'll see. :salute:

Archangel
December 15th, 2004, 03:27 PM
WOW!!! :D

Just as long as he doesn't bring along a sidekick who farts helium.... :D

unowhoandwhy
December 17th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Woo hoo! I love Ben Browder, he is a great guy & I hope he succeeds in SG-1!

gmd3d
December 17th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Nice one. I liked him in farscape.

thomas7g
December 21st, 2004, 11:12 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/12/exclusiveclaudiablackisbac.shtml

Gateworld reports that Claudia Black is signed up for 5 episodes of SG1!!!!

Which is pretty neat since Ben Browder will be a cast member. But does this make the show Fargate? Or Starscape? Or Gatescape?

http://thomas7g.com/battlestar-galactica/smilies/colonial-duck.gifhttp://thomas7g.com/battlestar-galactica/smilies/thumbup.gif

Archangel
December 21st, 2004, 11:14 AM
As long as they don't invite a little helium-leaking gasbag to the show... :D

thomas7g
December 21st, 2004, 11:16 AM
MORE NEWS FROM GATEWORLD!!!!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/12/cooperrevealsbrowdersisg-1.shtml

Ben Browder reveals that he will be a Lt Colonel. No news on a name yet. Its still being decided.

His character will be woven into Stargate Command History via flashbacks relating to SG1!

:D

Archangel
December 21st, 2004, 11:19 AM
Sounds like his character may have been the commander of another SG team...

Or perhaps a team member who got promoted.

thomas7g
December 21st, 2004, 11:45 AM
Could be!

I'm really glad to hear the news. I woulda prefered seeing Adam Baldwin from Firefly on permanently, but I am happy with Browder. What SG1 has been lacking in recent years is a semi-psychotic hardcore military guy in its mix. O-Neill is always fun, but he's alot more tame lately. He used to be the hardcore realist. But he's now very close to Daniel's way of thinking. So he's not adding as much as before.

Archangel
December 21st, 2004, 11:49 AM
Yeah, O'Neill has been growing a brain the last few years, and as much as I like RDA, He hasn't been REALLY fun since season 6, IMHO.

gmd3d
December 21st, 2004, 03:30 PM
O'Neill has alway been my fav character in sg1, and his wise cracks, classic stuff.
Ben Browder is a strong actor, lots of personality.

(IMHO): what does this mean????

thomas7g
December 21st, 2004, 05:00 PM
Maybe RDA is going to be busy raising his little girl in LA?

Archangel
December 22nd, 2004, 06:50 AM
IMHO

In MY Honest Opinion

(At least that's how I use it.) :D

unowhoandwhy
December 22nd, 2004, 07:34 AM
IMHO

In MY Honest Opinion

(At least that's how I use it.) :D

I always thought it was In My Humble Opinion, which is why I usually use IMNSHO... :D

(NS = Not So... ;) )

Archangel
December 22nd, 2004, 07:40 AM
*sits cross-legged and mumbles sagely*

A letter can have many words, grashopper.

gmd3d
December 22nd, 2004, 08:08 AM
thanks Archangel and unowhoandwhy i understand :thumbsup:

thomas7g
December 23rd, 2004, 01:09 PM
FIRST PICTURE OF CLAUDIA BLACK ON SG1!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine sent me this screencap to post.

http://www.battlestargalactica-forum.com/post/claudia1.jpg

Good to see old friends on a new show.

http://battlestargalactica-forum.com/battlestarforumimages/smilies/colonial-salute.gif

Archangel
December 23rd, 2004, 01:15 PM
Cool! :D

thomas7g
December 23rd, 2004, 03:17 PM
there are some more articles on the Vrowder's addition.

Michael Shanks Welcomes Browder
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=30016

There is also more info here
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/12/andersonsroleinseasonnineu.shtml

It talks about season nine. It looks like Anderson may or may not be there. But definitely not fulltime. Also Tapping is pregnant and will miss half of the season.

:(

Sci-Fi
December 24th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Ben Browder was a heavy favorite to play Sam's detective boyfriend, Peter Shanahan, and for the SG:Atlantis, John Sheppard. But things didn't or couldn't be worked out. Glad he has been signed for SG1. They need a 4th member badly and Ben will fill the RDA void nicely.

Adam Baldwin is ok for a guest role, but he probably didn't fit into RDA's requirements/expectations/profile for a major character and cast chemistry, on and off the set, for either SG series. Rumors have it that Adam's lobbying efforts for the parts he badly wanted probably hurt him more than helped him. BTW, RDA and Michael Greenburg formed Gekko Film Corp. , which is one of the production companies along with MGM and Double Secret Productions for SG and RDA is one of the Executive Producers.

:blush: :duck: :salute:

Excalibur
January 1st, 2005, 08:01 PM
Great news! I love it when the sci-fi family mixes it up, and does cross overs. I have really enjoyed watching some of my favorite Star Trek actors, cross over for guest roles on Stargate SG-1.

Adding Ben Browder to the cast should be a good thing!

Krystal
January 17th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I just think this is awesome, since Farscape is no longer on tv is a great opportunity to see Ben again, he's a very talented actor and he's definitely going to contribute inmensely to the Stargate world. Also is going to be exciting to see Claudia(Aeryn) in the episode in Season 8 and in Season 9 as guest star. Is going to be interesting this two in different roles. I'm just looking forward to this. http://battlestargalactica-fleets.com/battlestarforumimages/smilies/muffit.gif

Krystal

LadyImmortal
January 17th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I didn't watch Farscape very often but I think having Ben on the SG-1 cast will be great too!

I can't wait to see what role he plays and how he fits into the cast :)

:salute:

kingfish
January 28th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Claudia Black will be in tonights episode at 8PM and encored at 11PM.

Newton
January 29th, 2005, 07:40 PM
claudia black is hot, she was awesome in promethous unbound

David85
January 29th, 2005, 08:37 PM
She was great, too bad the episode was so bad.

kingfish
January 30th, 2005, 09:23 AM
I watched Stargate last night and it was good. Besides seeing a familiar face from Farscape the audience was treated to a guest appearance by Don S Davis, General Hammond. On their way to try and contact the team who is stranded on Atlantis, Hammond and crew are high-jacked by a mysterious alien who appears to be a Super Soldier. The only remaining member of the crew on the Promethius is Dr Jackson. He and Claudia's character begin a game of one up manship for control of the ship. The sexual tension is so strong you can cut it with a knife without seeing a thing. I said it before and will say it again, you don't need to see sex to have a great story. Claudia's character was once host to a Jaffa symbiote but she is now free. Dr Jackson reluctantly helps her but she doesn't get to finish her mission to rescue her people because a surprise attack by the Jaffa almost destroys the Promethius. Fortunately Hammond shows up with a borrowed craft and helps fend off the Goa'uld Death Gliders. Black's character manages to escape so it is possible we may see her again.

jewels
January 30th, 2005, 07:27 PM
You sure that was sexual tension? I though she just wanted him kept wupped. :LOL:

I don't know the actor that plays Daniel Jackson's name, but I really like him and I loved the comedy of him knocking her out with the snake shaped gun and throwing her into the brig rather than deal with her. Liked him using her armor too.

Claudia Black was AWESOME as always. Someone please find this excellent actress a new full-time gig. :D

I like this episode of SG-1 better than TNS so far. I'm supposed to be a BG fan. Oh, wait, there is sense in that. ;)

David85
February 1st, 2005, 05:42 PM
I loved the comedy of him knocking her out with the snake shaped gun and throwing her into the brig rather than deal with her. Liked him using her armor too.
Claudia Black was AWESOME as always.

You don't watch the shopw that much do you? :) It's a "Zat" gun.

Claudia Black was super, and because of that it might have been better than BSG, but is that really saying much considering how boring, and frankly confusing, the episode was.

Atlantis was the best of the three last night.

Krystal
March 6th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Claudia Black was AWESOME as always. Someone please find this excellent actress a new full-time gig. :D

Very true, she's definitely great. Seeing her with Daniel, make me remember some of her scenes with Crichton in Farscape. The episode was just great. I'm really looking forward to see more of Daniel and Vala, in the episodes Claudia is going to be in Season 9. Also to see how she and Ben work together in a different story.;)

Seth
March 28th, 2005, 01:29 PM
got to get a job somewhere I guess :lol: Sad thing is as great as SG1 is it doesn't have much left in it. Not more than a few seasons I reckon before it goes on break. Then wait 20 years or so and It'll be back with stuff like New Trek Lol. Hope they don't trash it... I mean O'neal was their title name... anderson that is, and he was by far the bets character.