PDA

View Full Version : Sg-1 renewed for a 9th season!

unowhoandwhy
November 15th, 2004, 09:40 AM
It's official! I am so excited!

Confirmed at Zap2It and the SciFi official site! From Zap2It:

Zap2it.com reports

Sci Fi Renews 'Stargate' Pair
(Monday, November 15 08:30 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Fresh off its highest rated summer and early fall ever, the Sci Fi Channel is renewing two of the shows that helped jump-start its ratings. The cable network has ordered a second season of "Stargate Atlantis" and a ninth season of "Stargate SG-1."

Both dramas come from MGM Television Entertainment and will begin production in March 2005 or 20-episode seasons to premiere in the summer of 2005.

"Stargate Atlantis" premiered in July to an audience of more than 4.2 million viewers, breaking numerous Sci Fi records. The show's stars, including Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, David Hewlett, Rainbow Sun Francks, Rachel Luttrell and Paul McGillion, are all signed on to return in the second season.

Many of the records that "Atlantis" broke were originally held by "SG-1," which will tie "The X-Files" as the longest-running sci-fi drama series on American television when it returns for its ninth installment, according to Sci Fi. The cable network will only say that MGM is in negotiations with the show's stars to return.
Robert C. Cooper and "SG-1" co-creator Brad Wright will continue to serve as executive producers on both shows.

Although Sci Fi is already looking forward to the future seasons of the "Stargate" franchises, there are still new episodes of both series ready to go in January 2005. That month will also see the premiere of the new series adaptation of "Battlestar Galactica."

Archangel
November 16th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Great news! :D

thomas7g
November 16th, 2004, 03:46 PM
That just makes my day!!!!!!! Thanks Uno!!!!

Krystal
November 21st, 2004, 09:13 AM
That's definitely great news, can't wait to see more Stargate. :muffit:

Krystal :rose:

emerita
November 21st, 2004, 09:35 AM
wow...I am a very Happy Camper right now..... :blush:

freefall
November 24th, 2004, 09:08 AM
YAY- we in the uk have only just stared the 8th series of stargate so to find out that there is gonna be another one is just.... :D :bounce: :D

Excalibur
January 1st, 2005, 07:40 PM
Having only seen thru season 7, I have to say I'm glad there is more coming.

For me the show just keeps getting better and better!

emerita
January 2nd, 2005, 06:28 AM
Thing is, I wish the Sci-Fi channel would show a marathon of SG1...This whole New Years weekend was nothing but old Twilight Zone re-runs, that bores everyone to tears. I refuse to watch it . They also show Twilight Zone every night from 1am -2am. They show the same ones all the time. Every holiday they show them for three days. That includes July4th, Labor Day, Easter, Thanksgiving , Christmas and now..I e-mailed them and told them that the fans want to see Stargate and Atlantis or ANYTHING but Twilight Zone and TOS StarTrek as long as it was Sci-Fi and not horror or suspense...Well, this morning I got a advertizment e-mail from the SC-Fi wire. On Friday Jan.7th (from 6pm-12am CST) they are going to run an Atlantis "marathon" and I use that term loosely... I laughed then I said well, 6 hours.....at least that is a starting point....... but we have StarGate every Monday for 6 hours and it is reported to be their highest rating time.....you'd think they wouold get a hint... :/:

kingfish
January 2nd, 2005, 03:14 PM
I remember the Christmas Eve Marathon sci fi used to show, 24 hours of tos Battlestar Galactica. I was browsing through a current issue of TV Guide. RDA is leaving the show. Browder's character will be introduced via episode flashbacks through cgi insertion.

Excalibur
January 2nd, 2005, 03:34 PM
It is a terrible thought, to lose RDA from Stargate SG-1. My cousin really got into the show, just beacuse of the humor that RDA brings to the show.

Ben Browder should make a good addition though. He should bring fans who watched Farscape, but haven't gotten into SG-1 yet.

I told my cousins family today, about Ben joining the cast, and they were excited about it.

:stargate:

thomas7g
January 2nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
It looks like Sam may be MIA for 5 of the 20 episodes in season and it may be the first 5 when Claudia Black will be having a 5 episode character arc.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/12/cooperonclaudiablacksretur.shtml

This will be kinda interesting to see. Half of SG1 gone, and two Farscapers filling in. :D

Excalibur
January 2nd, 2005, 08:33 PM
It looks like Sam may be MIA for 5 of the 20 episodes in season and it may be the first 5 when Claudia Black will be having a 5 episode character arc.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/12/cooperonclaudiablacksretur.shtml

This will be kinda interesting to see. Half of SG1 gone, and two Farscapers filling in. :D

That would be funny. :cool:

kat
January 2nd, 2005, 10:46 PM
I am a huge SG-1 fan so this is great news.

Excalibur
January 2nd, 2005, 10:52 PM
Starget has a great formula.

They get to be sci-fi, while bieng contemporary, where most sci-fi shows have to be placed in the future.

I guess BSG could be contemporary too... :wtf:

kat
January 2nd, 2005, 11:01 PM
It also has alot of flexability being that they explore both alternate worlds, other races and earths own mythology.

Excalibur
January 2nd, 2005, 11:10 PM
They also put the military front and center for viewers. Reminding people who the good guys are.

kat
January 2nd, 2005, 11:15 PM
Well I have always had difficulty getting those straight. I am always glad for a bit of direction...

Excalibur
January 2nd, 2005, 11:17 PM
Speaking of directions, why doesn't anyone ever come thru the stargate upside down or something? :LOL:

kat
January 2nd, 2005, 11:20 PM
I think that they have but i am just not as up on each episode as to know for sure.

Excalibur
January 2nd, 2005, 11:23 PM
9th season. WOW!

They keep setting up the ends of their seasons, so that they will have a jumping off point to do a movie, and yet, the show keeps getting picked up.

They are going to run out of ideas one day, and be left with nowhere to go with a feature film.

kat
January 2nd, 2005, 11:26 PM
There is already a feature film with James Spader at any rate I think that should there be actors and fans, writers will find a way

Excalibur
January 2nd, 2005, 11:38 PM
I know about the film, but they have been meaning for many years now, to end the series, and go straight into a feature film, with the SG-1 cast, and every time they set it up, they get picked up for another season. THat's a good thing though.

thomas7g
January 2nd, 2005, 11:53 PM
Speaking of directions, why doesn't anyone ever come thru the stargate upside down or something? :LOL:
well...since any matter traveling backwards into a wormhole gets vaporized I always thought about just placing the thing on its back and placing a giant Bugs Bunny Rubber band across it.

:)

Excalibur
January 3rd, 2005, 12:02 AM
:LOL:

What I mean....

Ok...

OK, OK...

Lets say they go thru a gate that has rolled over on its side on some planet. Why then wouldn't they come out earth's gate on the angle they went in on the other side?

It's a stupid question I know, but it's the stupid stuff that keeps me up at night. :wtf: :LOL: ;)

kat
January 3rd, 2005, 12:03 AM
:lol:

thomas7g
January 3rd, 2005, 01:22 AM
Its those damn wacky Ancients! They think of everything!

Unless Carter screws up the DHD protocals again. ;)

repcisg
January 3rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
They don't want Carter landing on her head!

And lets not think about what Jack would do if that happened.