PDA

View Full Version : Premiere this Friday!

unowhoandwhy
July 8th, 2004, 06:54 AM
I can't wait for the Season 8 premiere this Friday. I have to work, but I have set the VCR to record the Lowdown and then the showings at 9:00 and then at 11:00 (just in case! I missed last year's premiere and I don't want to do it again.) and can't wait to watch it.

Did anyone see the Lowdown special yet? Was it a good blend of SG-1 with stuff about Atlantis? I am looking forward to Atlantis as well. Hopefully, it will live up to at least some of my expectations, although I am still upset that they didn't use Adam Baldwin for one of the major characters. :(

Sci-Fi
July 8th, 2004, 12:46 PM
1st half of lowdown was about SG1 (reviews the 7 seasons) and the 2nd half was a mix of SG1 and SG Atlantis. It was a decent overview of both series and the characters and gave hints on whats to come.

thomas7g
July 8th, 2004, 12:52 PM
I saw the lowdown. Some good moments. Not too sure about the Atlantis previews... the story doesn't thrill me sofar....The main guy is looking like a weaker copy of Jack O'Neill. But kinda annoying instead of irrelevant. Not getting alot of positive read on the female leader. She is very pretty but I'm still waiting to see something interesting.

And they got the annoying guy as the new Carter....

But what worry me is the new replacement for the Goa'uld.

They look like space vampires.

We'll see. :D

And yeah... I am sad to see that Adam BAldwin isn't in the new series. It was a mistake not to grab him up. But then... he wouldn't have been able to do the Firefly MOVIE!!!! *happy dance time* So I'm not too upset.

:)

Tibbetts
July 9th, 2004, 10:11 AM
I can't wait for this! It airs tonight and my butt's gonna be glued to the coach and my eyes to the boob-tube! :D

With Respect,

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

:salute:

Tibbetts
July 9th, 2004, 10:17 AM
And yeah... I am sad to see that Adam BAldwin isn't in the new series. It was a mistake not to grab him up. But then... he wouldn't have been able to do the Firefly MOVIE!!!! *happy dance time* So I'm not too upset.

:)

Adam is under contract to do the Serenity Movie(Firefly). And Joss Whedon said he may do three of the movies if the first one does well.

So, I'd say if Adam shows up in SG-1 at all, it'll be for one or two eps this year.

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

Gemini1999
July 9th, 2004, 12:52 PM
I can't wait for this! It airs tonight and my butt's gonna be glued to the coach and my eyes to the boob-tube!

Tibbetts -

If your butt is gonna be "glued to the coach" - that's a new way to watch SG-1 in my book....! I just hope that his head isn't in the way...

I hope to god you meant "couch" and not "coach" (not that there's anything wrong with that!). This is a PG-rated board you know....

Best,

Bryan
________
Medical Marijuana (http://medicalmarijuana.us/)

thomas7g
July 9th, 2004, 03:24 PM
ew!

welll... back on target...

I CAN'T WAIT TILL FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STARGATE IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tibbetts
July 9th, 2004, 08:40 PM
ooops! :)

I did mean couch.

Dragon Lord