PDA

View Full Version : "Scotty" from star trek has Alzheimers

thomas7g
July 3rd, 2004, 02:48 PM
:(

http://www.kfbk.com/script/headline_newsmanager.php?id=325207&pagecontent=entertainment&feed_id=44

The actor James Doohan who played Scotty on the original Star Trek has been diagnosed with Alzheimers.

This is a horrible thing. But sofar it isn't too critical and only effecting short term memory. Mostly. But we all love Scotty, and the actor who brought him to life.

Don't Beam him up too soon....

braxiss
July 5th, 2004, 03:10 PM
:salute: live long and prosper scotty :salute:

BST
July 5th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Scotty was known as a "miracle worker" in his days aboard the Enterprise. Let's hope a miracle or two will come his way.

Peace and long life, Scotty!

You're the best! :thumbsup:

amberstar
July 5th, 2004, 08:26 PM
This news is so sad! We love the man who played Scotty, hopefully he will have a miracle for himself!
My prayers are with him!

bsg1fan1975
July 6th, 2004, 02:47 AM
James Doohan also had a recurring role on the CBS soap "Bold and the Beautiful". How tragic this news is.

julix
July 6th, 2004, 06:56 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family :salute:

justjackrandom
July 6th, 2004, 09:13 AM
James Doohan is a wonderful man. I had an opportunity to meet and talk briefly with him several years ago at a Trek con. He has apparently had trouble in the last number of years from a variety of health problems, which is not surprising for a man who has lived the life he has, and has been blessed to live as long as he has.

A most interesting thing about him that I didn’t know until I met him was that he is missing the index finger on his right hand. He lost it on Juno Beach when he landed with the Canadians on D-Day. Watching TOS Trek after finding that out, it is amazing how they hid it. I know he had a prosthetic they used on occasion, but most of the time it was just good masking.

One of my prized possessions (on the wall in my office) is his autograph, which sits next to an autograph from Bill Guarnere.

To Mr. Doohan and his family – all my hopes.

JJR

jewels
July 6th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Peace and strength, and may the disease never cause you to lose sight of your loved ones, Mr. Doohan.

Jewels

martok2112
July 6th, 2004, 12:55 PM
I too had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Doohan a couple of times. A very nice man, funny as hell. (I even floored him with a spot on Scotty impersonation.... :laugh: )
Let us all hope that a miracle comes through for our "miracle worker". My thoughts are with Mr. Doohan and his family.

With reverence,
Martok2112

unowhoandwhy
July 7th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Very sad news, indeed. My thoughts go out to him and his family and I wish him the best of luck. But, the article says his wife is 47, so perhaps he doesn't need as much luck as I thought. Go Jimmy!

gmd3d
July 7th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Sad to hear of his illness . one of Sci-fi ICON'S of the 20th centurys has influenced many men and women to reach for the stars. as has the other
actors in TOS.
I will say a prayer for him

shiningstar
July 7th, 2004, 04:42 PM
:(

http://www.kfbk.com/script/headline_newsmanager.php?id=325207&pagecontent=entertainment&feed_id=44

The actor James Doohan who played Scotty on the original Star Trek has been diagnosed with Alzheimers.

This is a horrible thing. But sofar it isn't too critical and only effecting short term memory. Mostly. But we all love Scotty, and the actor who brought him to life.

Don't Beam him up too soon....

I'll keep him, his wife and his family in my prayers tonight.