PDA

View Full Version : Anne Lockhart chat/Norton Firewall problem

thomas7g
May 24th, 2004, 04:03 PM
We are noticing a strange problem with Fleets Chatroom. For some reason Norton Firewall rejects the program. It doesn't appear to effect the other chatrooms on other sites.

I was wondering how many people are going to be effected by this?

Right now I'm STILL having com[uter problems. AND ALOT of real life stuff that's making it really hard to make time to work on the chat. So I need people to test this out beforehand.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/chat/

thomas7g
May 24th, 2004, 06:29 PM
btw- the chat default text color is black. And its a black background. So the first thing you have to do is change the text color.

The little rainbow on the bottom is the selector for text color. Just click on it.

:)

amberstar
May 24th, 2004, 08:11 PM
btw- the chat default text color is black. And its a black background. So the first thing you have to do is change the text color.

The little rainbow on the bottom is the selector for text color. Just click on it.

:)

Yea.........That took me a little while to figure out :nervous: :duck:

The room is a little slow at posting for me, I have a fire wall but it is not norton, but I do have Nortan anti virus. Could that be the problem???????

thomas7g
May 24th, 2004, 10:02 PM
if you could, that would help Darrell. :)

Ambs, I don't know why it would be slow. Norton Antivirus should not be a problem. :(

ernie90125
May 25th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Hi Thomas,

I have noticed, that it would appear that the Chatroom will not allow a user to submit two comments the same.

For example :

I visited and my first post was hello ?

I noticed it was in black text, on a black background and not showing up.

I tried to re-post but it would not appear. Same with my next post test when I tried to submit it more than once....

Just an observation....

Ernie90125

oldwardaggit
May 25th, 2004, 03:47 PM
We are noticing a strange problem with Fleets Chatroom. For some reason Norton Firewall rejects the program. It doesn't appear to effect the other chatrooms on other sites.

I was wondering how many people are going to be effected by this?

Right now I'm STILL having com[uter problems. AND ALOT of real life stuff that's making it really hard to make time to work on the chat. So I need people to test this out beforehand.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/chat/

It worked fine for me. :)

OWD

thomas7g
May 25th, 2004, 07:04 PM
it won't allow you to type the same line twice.

thomas7g
May 25th, 2004, 07:11 PM
OWD- are you on aol using the aol browser?

oldwardaggit
May 25th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Nope, I'm on a cable hook up with Internet explorer.

OWD

oldwardaggit
May 25th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Thomas, I was just in the chat room and I couldn't post the same thing twice but when I hit the back button, it posted the same thing. Bezaaaar. lol

OWD