View Full Version : Stuck On Mission 13

jsanesh
May 13th, 2004, 12:38 PM
AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH I CAN'T GET MAGUS HOW CAN I TARGET WHAT I DON'T SEE??????? HELP
:warrior:
:confused:

kingfish
May 13th, 2004, 02:34 PM
This one can be frusterating as a daggit with fleas. Here is what you do. Take the raiders out of the sky by using your missiles and lasers. You might get lucky and kill Magus, if not it's you and he in a mono on mono battle. It will be hard but the victory of success is sweet however the level isn't over. :laugh: I wanted to pull my hair out with this level.

Omega
May 13th, 2004, 03:51 PM
I'm still struggling on this one too! I've finally gotten to where I can usually get all the troop transports.* I guess I'm getting the turrets and defending Paulus well enough, as he (usually) doesn't die. Now, I just have to learn how to take out the pylons to keep the cannon from firing the second time. THEN I'll at least be to where you are. :cry:

Are wingmen any good on this one? I got my wingmen killed as soon as I got them, many missions ago.

*BTW, if anyone is having some trouble with this part, my basic tactic is to fly up "above" the Galactica and then come down. All the troop transports attach to the top and sides, and by coming from the top I'm never on the wrong side of the ship to get one. Finding it and getting pointed at it is another matter sometimes- I sure wish these Vipers could stop!

kingfish
May 13th, 2004, 05:22 PM
To complete the mission you must head the Viper to the center of the basestar and hit the inbetween where the forcefield is. It will keep pushing you out. Plus there is a time limit. Cylons must have designed this thingy. :D

Omega
May 14th, 2004, 05:12 PM
I'm getting better at this one- I can now make it through to the point that I need to target the five controllers about 70% of the time. My problem is mainly now that I'm weak enough that I'm getting picked off as I go for them. I'm looking for advice on how to take them. Should I make several fast passes or a couple of slow? Should I be moving above and below the base star, or coming from the equator? Missiles or lasers?

And then, when I finally get to the next part, what do you guys do?

Will calling in Starbuck and Apollo help me? I know I'll _eventually_ get this one, but I'm wondering if I'll quit having fun with the mission first. (It's still fun.) If the wingmen help, I'll use the cheat when I get desperate.

Jonathan

Omega
May 18th, 2004, 03:31 AM
I finally got this one! It was really close though- I got Magus with either 0:02 or 0:01 seconds on the clock. It changed to the cut-scene, and at first I thought it would be the cannon firing again, but it was the other one.

I was pleased to find out that the last part isn't really that hard- I had thought that it would take several more tries to figure out, which would mean many more tries at the mission. I finished it with most of a minute to spare.

My strategy for Magus is basically to turbo away far enough that I can turn, find him with my target lock (triangle on the PS2), lock on, and fire a missile. I ended up just firing as many missiles as I could before he overran me rather than worrying about him shooting me, and it worked out. I did well in the first minute, then went through a period where he kept getting inside my turns, and I thought I was going to miss it, but then I finally just decided to turbo away for a long time with about 0:15 remaining, and managed to get it done. :)

jsanesh
May 28th, 2004, 05:40 AM
thanks guys

Commander Cain
September 7th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I'm still stuck on 13. can't get past the second cannon attack. Usually can't live long enough or protect Paulus long enough for him to get the scans done. I'm pretty good at games in general, but this game is ridiculously hard. Its really taking the fun out of it.

martok2112
September 9th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Commander Cain....
Mission 13 took me a few good gorounds too before I got past it.

First, make sure that your missile configuration is thus before launching:

Top Priority: Agility
Second: Power
Third: Blast Radius
Fourth: Speed

There is a very good chance that by the time you have gotten to this level that your missiles' attributes will very nearly be maxed out in all areas...so prioritizing your missile attributes may only be one or two bars' difference.

The thing to do is, when you attack the basestar, go above the basestar, just over the surface, and skim the circumference of the basestar. Fire your missiles at the laser cannons as they appear on your targetting scope. When a laser cannon is highlighted , loose a missile. One should be enough to take out a cannon. When you've finished with the topside, go to the underside of the basestar, and do the same thing. After you've finished with the underside, go to the middile of the basestar, and slowly fly around it from as close to the central core as possible. You will see your missile targetter pick out laser cannons one at a time, both above and below you. You do not have to aim directly at the cannons, just let a missile loose, and it should track to the target. Again, it will do this to both upper and lower central cannons, so keep an eye on your missile target indicators. After you've eliminated the central cannons, Paulus should be screaming for help. Use your "primary target indicators" to locate Paulus' attackers, and loose your missiles at them. (this will take a few tries...trust me.)

At some point in this battle...I cannot remember exactly where...you will have to deal with Magus' Imperium class starfighter. Make it your primary target..and dog it relentlessly with your missiles. You will constantly lose primary lock on Magus, so you will have to revisualize and reacquire primary targetting on his ship a lot. Your missiles should be able to take out the Imperium class fighter though, if you do it right.

Once you've warded off Paulus' attackers....there will come the next stage. The basestar has fired a neutron cannon shot at the Galactica, causing catastrophic damage to our beloved battlestar. You will have to seek out the five sensor turrets and take them down...I think you have a minute to do so...maybe less. I think, if I remember the count correctly, there are two sensors below the basestar, and three above. They will look like glowing blue barrel tops. Then, once you've eliminated those comes the fun part.

Ok...now you have to take out the neutron cannons themselves. They will look like bright blue circles on the basestar's core. They will be protected by a force field that has random openings. When the openings in the forcefields appear...fire away like hell at the blue cannons...your missiles will be useless..you will have to use lasers on them. Repeat the process as necessary...I think you have a limited time here too if I recall correctly...so make each shot count! When you've taken out the last of the neutron cannons...I think you will be treated to another of the game's AWESOME cinematic cutscenes.

I hope this helps, Commander.

Respectfully,
Martok2112

Commander Cain
September 9th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks Martok for the tips. I've played the whole game without even considering configuring the missiles. I had been taking out a pile of cannons by firing 12 missiles as I approached the basestar so there were only maybe 2 or 3 left as I flew around. Now I know what to expect later in the mission. That should help. Hey, you aren't a Rush fan are you? 2112 in you name is the name of one of their albums.

martok2112
September 9th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Absolutely I am a Rush fan. The 2112 was a very big tip of the hat to them, and that album. They are three of my alltime favorite musicians, and Geddy Lee is one of my vocal influences.

Yes, definitely try configuring your missiles. Heck, if you've come along this far, you should have some serious attributes in your missiles. Believe me, they play a bigger role in your game's success and ratings than the lasers do. With my missiles, I was able to get accuracy ratings sometimes at 100%. They also help with mission completion times too. The higher your ratings, the more stuff you unlock..especially in the uber hard EXPERT mode.

Respectfully,
Martok2112

martok2112
September 9th, 2004, 07:16 PM
BTW, Cain, I just noticed...you too are from Charleston, WV? Holy frack! So am I! It's possible we may have even met. Another one of this sites members is also from fairly close by in WV. I am in Superior, WI. right now though.

Anyhoo...glad to see another WV homie on the Fleets. Welcome!

respectfully,
Martok2112

Commander Cain
September 9th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Thanks again. I caught the boys twice on the 30th anniversary tour. Charlotte and Pittsburgh. They keep getting better. I'd put my Neil avatar on the board if I could get this site to take it. For some reason I can't get any avatar to load on this site.
Well I'm off to try the game again. Hey glad to hear you're from Charleston! There are some really cool people born here eh. :salute:

martok2112
September 10th, 2004, 04:51 PM
LOL! Yeah..Charleston cranked out a good one here and there . :D

There are those who believe, that life here began in Charleston, WV. Far away from the hollows...with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the rednecks, or the hillbillies, or country bumpkin. They they may have been the architects of the lost civilizations of Kanawha City, or the West Side, or the capital itself. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of sisters, who even now fight to survive somewhere in another flea market.

Sorry, just felt the muse hit. :D

Irreverently,
Martok2112

Commander Cain
September 11th, 2004, 11:14 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: