PDA

View Full Version : New Stargate Atlantis Lead Revealed

Sci-Fi
March 1st, 2004, 09:21 PM
Latest SG:Atlantis casting news:

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/news/040225atlantis.shtml
http://www.infinitelybetter.com/index.cfm/page/newsStory/cat/3/prodID/939/head/3/productzone/news
:salute:

Sci-Fi
March 2nd, 2004, 07:58 AM
More SG:Atlantis Casting News:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/spinoffnews.html#newsitem1078197426,91500,

shiningstar
March 3rd, 2004, 05:35 PM
Latest SG:Atlantis casting news:

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/news/040225atlantis.shtml
http://www.infinitelybetter.com/index.cfm/page/newsStory/cat/3/prodID/939/head/3/productzone/news

Thank you for posting that. All of the actors are terrific :thumbsup:
I look forward to seeing this one :drool:

shiningstar
March 3rd, 2004, 05:36 PM
More SG:Atlantis Casting News:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/spinoffnews.html#newsitem1078197426,91500,

It's too bad that Robert Patrick won't be a REGULAR cast member ..........
but I do so look forward to seeing him in the premier and in the first
ep! :thumbsup:

Tibbetts
March 6th, 2004, 05:45 AM

Ditto from me on that! :D

Respectfully,

Dragon Lord Tibbetts :salute:

unowhoandwhy
March 9th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Once I get over my bad thoughts about the ever-enjoyable Adam Baldwin not getting a role I might be excited about this cast. I'm just not ready to stop sulking like a petulant child yet. ;)

It's like Star Trek, I'm going to watch it no matter what.

thomas7g
March 9th, 2004, 01:52 PM
What happened to Jessica Steen?

God she looked so dang pretty as a blonde!!! And I've always liked her. She is a good actress.

Did she do a Bijou-janeway?

Sci-Fi
March 9th, 2004, 02:16 PM
What happened to Jessica Steen?

God she looked so dang pretty as a blonde!!! And I've always liked her. She is a good actress.

Did she do a Bijou-janeway?

Nobody is talking. All we knew was that at one point Jessica Steen and her agent was in negotiations, then Torri Higginson was announced. I will hold back any reservations until I see if Torri can duplicate Jessica's excellent and strong portrayal of Dr. Weir. Maybe they should have asked another Earth 2 vet, Debrah Farentino to play the part. Could also be there were too many blondes on the show and threatening the Sam character on the sex appeal meter....lol...j/k

Tibbetts
March 10th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Well, I guess Adam Baldwin isn't going to be in Atlantis. But, a Firefly movie(Serenity) is on it's way with Adam in it. So that's cool! ;) Can't wait to see him as Jane again. It's suppose to start filming by this July. Just when Atlantis will air on Sci-Fi Channel.

Respectfully,

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

unowhoandwhy
March 10th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Well, I guess Adam Baldwin isn't going to be in Atlantis. But, a Firefly movie(Serenity) is on it's way with Adam in it.

:thumbsup:
That is so VERY cool. Firefly wasn't given the chance it deserved. I just got the DVDs (which include some unaired eps) and started watching them last night. They make me forget how much I hate treadmills. I watched the first ep last night, which I hadn't seen, and I went a mile without noticing it (I had knee surgery a few months ago and one mile is now a big deal).

As for Jayne, I'm a sucker for bad boys (which could be why I'm 31 and still single, bad boys aren't the ones you should settle down with!), and he was my favorite.

Krystal
March 21st, 2004, 01:15 PM

I agree with you there, love Robert and definitely is going to be good to see him as guest star. I hope they make him later a recurring character. Like so many we see now on Stargate that don't are regulars but we seen them often enough to be happy.

shiningstar
March 21st, 2004, 01:26 PM
I agree with you there, love Robert and definitely is going to be good to see him as guest star. I hope they make him later a recurring character. Like so many we see now on Stargate that don't are regulars but we seen them often enough to be happy.

That's true I guess ..........stilll would love for him to be a regular though :...:

dec5
March 21st, 2004, 08:08 PM
I am still hoping Grace Park comes back and at least reprise Lt. Satterfield for a couple of episodes.

http://www.boomspeed.com/dec55/SG1GP.JPG

shiningstar
March 22nd, 2004, 09:48 AM
I am still hoping Grace Park comes back and at least reprise Lt. Satterfield for a couple of episodes.

http://www.boomspeed.com/dec55/SG1GP.JPG

I'd like that too dec5

Tibbetts
March 22nd, 2004, 10:52 AM
Same here dec5. I thought Ms. Park did a hell of a job in SG-1(and newBG as well). ;)

shiningstar
March 22nd, 2004, 11:11 AM
Same here dec5. I thought Ms. Park did a hell of a job in SG-1(and newBG as well). ;)

I just thought of something even though she was fantastic in SG1 ..........

if she's in the New BG series then HOW can she do SG as well? :wtf:
I mean she's a good actress but ONE SERIES is hard work on it's own ......... :wtf:

Tibbetts
March 22nd, 2004, 12:02 PM
BG is running for 13 eps the first season, so she should be able to have plenty of time to do SG-1 during the Eighth Season. :D

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

shiningstar
March 22nd, 2004, 12:12 PM
BG is running for 13 eps the first season, so she should be able to have plenty of time to do SG-1 during the Eighth Season. :D

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

I forgot they only contracted for 13 seasons.

Thanks for the reminder .........AGAIN :nervous: :blush: :duck: :blush: :nervous:

:P: you can tell the meds are getting to me can't remember #*%&^&^ :drevil:

Tibbetts
March 22nd, 2004, 12:16 PM
:laugh: No problem. :laugh:

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

GalacticanCajun
March 23rd, 2004, 08:20 AM
They contracted for 13 seasons? Wow. That's great news. I thought it was only 13 episodes.

unowhoandwhy
March 23rd, 2004, 08:50 AM
They contracted for 13 seasons? Wow. That's great news. I thought it was only 13 episodes.

Typos can be so much fun! :D

Tibbetts
March 23rd, 2004, 09:26 AM
I doubt it would last 13 Seasons. :D Maybe 13 Eps per season. Maybe for 7 Seasons(if that). ;)

shiningstar
March 23rd, 2004, 10:28 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS just saw that ........they did contract for 13 EPS not
13 seasons :blush:

shiningstar
March 23rd, 2004, 10:29 AM
sorry about that :blush:

unowhoandwhy
March 23rd, 2004, 10:38 AM
sorry about that :blush:

No need to be sorry, I got a good chuckle out of it. And only TWO more posts to your next basestar?! Holy Lords of Kobol! I bow down to your mightiness!

;)

Kester Pelagius
March 25th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I don't know. According to the information they've already recast Dr. Weir, which doesn't bode well.

It worked for SG1 because they were going froma movie to a television series, with years between, but this is from one season to the next.

Too bad. The Dr. Weir character, as portrayed in the season finale, was a good character. Let's just hope the new actress can make the character work.

shiningstar
March 25th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I don't know. According to the information they've already recast Dr. Weir, which doesn't bode well.

It worked for SG1 because they were going froma movie to a television series, with years between, but this is from one season to the next.

Too bad. The Dr. Weir character, as portrayed in the season finale, was a good character. Let's just hope the new actress can make the character work.

Only time will tell.

Tibbetts
March 26th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Indeed.

Kester Pelagius
March 26th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Only time will tell.

Too true.

But selling a character to set-up a series with a very good established actress, then annoucning a different actress will be playing the role smacks of a budgetary shell game. I'm just hoping that's not a bit of foreshadowing, otherwise SG Atlantis might be throw-away one season wonder.

Kester, tired of the poor treatment sci-fi series historically have received.