PDA

View Full Version : SG1 7.20 Inauguration [spoilers]

thomas7g
February 29th, 2004, 03:07 PM
The premise: The newly elected President of the US needs to be informed about the Stargate program.

Sadly this is a flashback clips episode. Only General Hammon makes an appearance and that is near the end of the episode. No Jack. No Sam. No Teal'c. No Daniel. They are only seen in flashback clips.

William Devane plays the new president. he has the majority of the show. And most of the show takes place in the Oval Office. Robert Picardo (the holodoc on Voyager) reprises his role as Inspector Woolsey who briefs the President while we see clips. And the Evil Senator Kinsey has a major role.

Sci-Fi
February 29th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I enjoyed the episode. The acting was very well done and there are enough twists and turns to keep you guessing and surprised. SG1 looks like it's taking an X-Files turn to it (secret societies, Cabal, etc.). All that's missing is the cigarette man sitting in the VP's office. The question becomes...who or whom is really behind it all and are they in league with some other race(s)? Should be an interesting Season 8 and a 1st season of SG:Atlantis with that backdrop.

shiningstar
February 29th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I enjoyed the ep but I hoped that General Hammond would have had a bigger role.

unowhoandwhy
March 9th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Am I the only one who didn't like it? I thought that they should have taken the money they spent on those four guest stars and brought back Jacob and/or Bra'tac in for a few more eps (or anyone else, really, who was more closely connected to the SGC).

thomas7g
March 9th, 2004, 02:08 PM
its okay UWW. I think they did this to save money for the grand season finale. This episode needed no special effect. And only required a few sets. And only about 30 minutes of actual new footage.

Think about the money they saved!

I bet we are going to see a SPECTACULAR end to the season!

agent404
March 9th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I actually hated the episode. The only good parts were the flashbacks. The rest of it felt like an episode of The West Wing.