PDA

View Full Version : SG1 7.17 & 7.18 - "Heroes" part 1 & 2

thomas7g
February 13th, 2004, 10:11 PM
An official film crew hounds the SG1 team to find the "true men behind the uniforms!"

I'm watching the late showing of the episode now. Plus I'm PST so I'm a bit behind you all. But what did you all think? I'll post more after I see it all. But sofar its pretty funny!

:D:D:D

thomas7g
February 13th, 2004, 10:20 PM
ohmygod! Ohmygod! Ohmygod!

Adam Baldwin aka Jayne from FIREFLY is leading an SG1 team!!!!!!! Wooohoooooooo!

Does the mark Madsen happydance!!!!!

:cow::cow::cow:

Sci-Fi
February 13th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Only one criticism, why didn't Dixon (Baldwin) warn the others on his team about watching out for possible hostiles after he received the message from Hammond? They looked like they were on a stroll in a park after receiving orders to report back to the gate. Bregman (Saul Rubinek) reminds me of the Burke (Paul Reiser) character from Aliens. It was funny how the alarms just happen to go off when Jack was starting to cuss at Kinsey on camera. Heroes:part 1 is an excellent setup for part 2. All the characters really shine in part 2 and have powerful and memorable moments. Don't miss it.

thomas7g
February 13th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Oh I won't!!!

This episode was GREAT!!!!

I love when a show starts out with one tone, this one being extremely funny and lighthearted, then goes logically to another different tone, dark and serious. There was a great sense of an emergency slowly brewing just under the surface. EXCELLENT writing.

Now don't tell me what happens. But if Adam Baldwin survives I would love to see him take charge of SG1 since Richard Dean Anderson has chosen to reduce his participation to a part time role. Baldwin has that grittyness that I think really helped the early shows chemistry. Plus when you give him a good role, Baldwin just shines! :D

btw- I don't think that his order was illogical. His team was going to be gone in 15 minutes from the planet. He assumed there was no need to panic, just do it efficiently. Though I'm wondering why there was no communication with the OTHER SG teams on the planet. I believe SG3 and 9 were with them!

Sci-Fi
February 13th, 2004, 11:37 PM
btw- I don't think that his order was illogical. His team was going to be gone in 15 minutes from the planet. He assumed there was no need to panic, just do it efficiently. Though I'm wondering why there was no communication with the OTHER SG teams on the planet. I believe SG3 and 9 were with them!

If someone, like wifey...lol..j/k :eek: , told you to get ready or you had to be at work in 15 minutes, I would expect a more lively or rushed activity. I mean, how far out on patrol from the gate where they? And since they knew it wasn't their scheduled time to leave yet, it wouldn't be hard to guess something was up.
;) :salute:

Firefly
February 14th, 2004, 04:13 AM
But if Adam Baldwin survives I would love to see him take charge of SG1 since Richard Dean Anderson has chosen to reduce his participation to a part time role. Baldwin has that grittyness that I think really helped the early shows chemistry. Plus when you give him a good role, Baldwin just shines!

I don't know... These last few eps of SG1 are leading up to the new SG series "Atlantis". There was an article a week or two ago on SciFi Wire where Baldwin (Jayne :thumbsup: ) said he was trying to get a role as one of the new team.

I'm guessing he got it and he'll be continuing on in "SG Atlantis". Just PURE speculation on my part.

My only hope is, that if he is the new lead for "SG Atlantis" he leaves his schedule open for the "Firefly" movie!!! :cool:

Thanks,
Firefly

:cylon: >>>>>End of Line<<<<< :cylon:

Tibbetts
February 14th, 2004, 10:07 AM
I'm watching the late showing of the episode now. Plus I'm PST so I'm a bit behind you all. But what did you all think? I'll post more after I see it all. But sofar its pretty funny!

:D:D:D

I thought this episode was fantastic! I can't wait for part two next friday! :D

With Respect,

Dragon Lord Tibbetts :salute:

callsignfalcon
February 14th, 2004, 10:05 PM
actually Adam baldwin on SGA is not just pure speculation, over at scifi wire they had an interview with him about SGA, he's been trying to get a part on that series!

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-12/23/12.00.sfc

Firefly
February 15th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Thanks calsignfalcon!! :cool: :salute:

That was the article I mentioned I had read. I just couldn't find it. :)

Thanks,
Firefly

kingfish
February 16th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Baldwin will probably be on Atlantis if the show ever airs. RDA will be promoted. This will reduce his role if and when the show comes back. Brigadier O'Neill will be in charge like hammond is now. I don;'t know who they will cast as the lead however. It would be nice to see Richard Hatch or Dirk Benedict leading SG-1 teams. Thoughts? :D

Sci-Fi
February 16th, 2004, 06:47 PM
It would be nice to see Richard Hatch or Dirk Benedict leading SG-1 teams. Thoughts? :D

No offense intended, but I don't think so. With the SG1 movies and the 8th (last) season coming up, people want to see the 4 actors they followed all these years in them, not 3 plus a newbie. If anybody, Sam would be the leader of SG1. It was hard for some to accept Jonas Quinn (Corin Nemec) as Daniel's replacement in season 6. And you have the Jack and Sam question to answer for all the shippers. So I expect Jack to assign himself to some SG1 missions or bring back Jonas for a few episodes. The Daniel-Jonas interaction in "Fallen" and "Homecoming" was quite good.

unowhoandwhy
February 20th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Even though someone "spoiled" me on the BIG event in Heroes Pt 2 I am still looking forward to it, as I have heard it is one of the best eps ever. But VERY VERY VERY intense. :cry:

shiningstar
February 20th, 2004, 07:18 PM
I don't know... These last few eps of SG1 are leading up to the new SG series "Atlantis". There was an article a week or two ago on SciFi Wire where Baldwin (Jayne :thumbsup: ) said he was trying to get a role as one of the new team.

I'm guessing he got it and he'll be continuing on in "SG Atlantis". Just PURE speculation on my part.

My only hope is, that if he is the new lead for "SG Atlantis" he leaves his schedule open for the "Firefly" movie!!! :cool:

Thanks,
Firefly

I hope you're right Firefly I happen to like Baldwin :thumbsup:

kingfish
February 21st, 2004, 05:38 PM
Jonas Quinn was one of the best additions to the show. I loved the episode where he and Teal'C are in a bar having gingerales. Nonetheless the town is inhabited by immature Goa'ulds who only are able to come out when the people go to sleep.

shiningstar
February 21st, 2004, 05:57 PM
Jonas Quinn was one of the best additions to the show. I loved the episode where he and Teal'C are in a bar having gingerales. Nonetheless the town is inhabited by immature Goa'ulds who only are able to come out when the people go to sleep.

I think Jonas Quinn was indeed a GREAT addition to the show! I loved that
ep too! :thumbsup:

thomas7g
February 21st, 2004, 06:02 PM
okay... saw part two...it was incredibly intense...

THEY KILLED JANET!!!!!!

:cry:

I loved her! I thought she was adorable. and a good character. But I guess this makes sense in that they are heading toward the end.

This was a slightly different show. The main character was not one of the main 4 but the news reporter. Infact it seemed that Don Davis (Gen. Hammond) got more air time and a stronger part than any of the main actors. Man that man can act! He has had the kind of rule that wasn't needed much from day to day. And when he was included he only got a few lines per episode. But he was dang good no matter how few lines he got. If he only had a line to speak, he with that one line made you feel that there was a man feeling emotions and with depth!

The show was very tense. Closer to West Wing than the normal SG1 episode in style. But VERY VERY good. Moore if you are reading this, THIS is it. Realism. Characters that you care about. Issues and plot that are intricate and touch the essence of what humanity is.

Damn good show.

shiningstar
February 21st, 2004, 06:26 PM
okay... saw part two...it was incredibly intense...

THEY KILLED JANET!!!!!!

I loved her! I thought she was adorable. and a good character. But I guess this makes sense in that they are heading toward the end.

This was a slightly different show. The main character was not one of the main 4 but the news reporter. Infact it seemed that Don Davis (Gen. Hammond) got more air time and a stronger part than any of the main actors. Man that man can act! He has had the kind of rule that wasn't needed much from day to day. And when he was included he only got a few lines per episode. But he was dang good no matter how few lines he got. If he only had a line to speak, he with that one line made you feel that there was a man feeling emotions and with depth!

The show was very tense. Closer to West Wing than the normal SG1 episode in style. But VERY VERY good. Moore if you are reading this, THIS is it. Realism. Characters that you care about. Issues and plot that are intricate and touch the essence of what humanity is.

Damn good show.

I really liked her character! I hate it when a character I REALLY like bites the dust :rage:

Sci-Fi
February 22nd, 2004, 08:22 AM
The main character was not one of the main 4 but the news reporter. Infact it seemed that Don Davis (Gen. Hammond) got more air time and a stronger part than any of the main actors. Man that man can act! He has had the kind of rule that wasn't needed much from day to day. And when he was included he only got a few lines per episode. But he was dang good no matter how few lines he got. If he only had a line to speak, he with that one line made you feel that there was a man feeling emotions and with depth!

Don S. Davis does have a PhD in Theatre. Here's his bio:
http://www.wolfevents.co.uk/donsdavis/biography.html

Plus here's a link to his art gallery:

http://www.wolfevents.co.uk/donsdavis/gallery.html

Very talented individual.
:cool: :salute:

GalacticanCajun
February 22nd, 2004, 08:57 AM
I also liked Dr. Janet Frazer. We will miss her. :salute: :cry: :eek: I wonder what will become of Cassandra now.

shiningstar
February 22nd, 2004, 09:41 AM
I also liked Dr. Janet Frazer. We will miss her. :salute: :cry: :eek: I wonder what will become of Cassandra now.

As will I :(

GalacticanCajun
February 23rd, 2004, 05:03 AM
Perhaps Sam will take her in. Isn't Sam Cassandra's godmother?

repcisg
February 23rd, 2004, 12:03 PM
Part 2 was indeed a great episode. It opened as many doors as it closed.

May I have more, Please.

shiningstar
February 23rd, 2004, 12:59 PM
Don S. Davis does have a PhD in Theatre. Here's his bio:
http://www.wolfevents.co.uk/donsdavis/biography.html

Plus here's a link to his art gallery:

http://www.wolfevents.co.uk/donsdavis/gallery.html

Very talented individual.
:cool: :salute:

"VERY TALANTED" is an understatement ........the man is definately
a TRUE Genius! :thumbsup:

thomas7g
February 23rd, 2004, 03:23 PM
The one thing I really wished they woulda done in this episode was to put in a little more Janet. She got taken out so abruptly. She had hardly any air time this episode and now she is gone!

shiningstar
February 23rd, 2004, 03:31 PM
The one thing I really wished they woulda done in this episode was to put in a little more Janet. She got taken out so abruptly. She had hardly any air time this episode and now she is gone!

Yes I know I miss her too. :(

Stevew
February 24th, 2004, 06:28 AM
I thought she was a "Stone Fox" and am sorry they let her go, she was great and I will miss her as well
S :cry:

agent404
February 24th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Janet's death was kind of a surprise to me even though I heard rumors of it because the commercials led you to believe that it would be O'neill dead. O'neill is my favorite character and I'm glad he's not dead but I'll sure miss Janet too.

shiningstar
February 24th, 2004, 02:25 PM
I'm glad that it wasn't Oniell that was dead too.
I was kind of PISSED that it WAS Janet though .................
I really liked her .........she is an excellent actress!

Tibbetts
February 25th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Janet's death was kind of a surprise to me even though I heard rumors of it because the commercials led you to believe that it would be O'neill dead. O'neill is my favorite character and I'm glad he's not dead but I'll sure miss Janet too.

I was a little shocked that it was Janet that bought it, but, the actor said she didn't want to continue for an eighth season. I might've read that on Gateworld, i'm not sure. I'll see if I can find the article.

But, I'm sad Janet died. She was one of my favorite characters. I am glad that O'Neill isn't dead though.

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 11:19 AM
I was a little shocked that it was Janet that bought it, but, the actor said she didn't want to continue for an eighth season. I might've read that on Gateworld, i'm not sure. I'll see if I can find the article.

But, I'm sad Janet died. She was one of my favorite characters. I am glad that O'Neill isn't dead though.

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

I am too .........she's a great actress.

Aeneas
February 25th, 2004, 03:55 PM
I am too .........she's a great actress.

BASTARDS!! :mad: Janet(Teryl Rothery) was my favorite character and one of the reasons I tuned in. The fact that she more than closely resembles my girlfriend, is just a coincedence ;) !

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 05:39 PM
BASTARDS!! :mad: Janet(Teryl Rothery) was my favorite character and one of the reasons I tuned in. The fact that she more than closely resembles my girlfriend, is just a coincedence ;) !

now now do you really need to insult the DOGS of the world in order
to attack the writers' behavior? ;)

Aeneas
February 25th, 2004, 06:01 PM
now now do you really need to insult the DOGS of the world in order
to attack the writers' behavior? ;)

Yo're right. In my moment of grief and anger, I forgot myself. I'm better now(*sniff*). Forgive me y'all.

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Yo're right. In my moment of grief and anger, I forgot myself. I'm better now(*sniff*). Forgive me y'all.

(((((((((((((((((AENEAS)))))))))))))))))))) It's ok .......just be careful when you
apologize to your pooch if you have one.

I got mad once and did that ..............and when I apologized to my dog
Willy he was so angry he wouldn't come to me for three days .............

................ I 'WISH' I was lieing about that :eek:

Aeneas
February 25th, 2004, 09:00 PM
(((((((((((((((((AENEAS)))))))))))))))))))) It's ok .......just be careful when you
apologize to your pooch if you have one.

I got mad once and did that ..............and when I apologized to my dog
Willy he was so angry he wouldn't come to me for three days .............

................ I 'WISH' I was lieing about that :eek:

Sorry, "star". My dog joined the Lords of Kobol about 12 yahrens ago. :cry:

But hopefully, he's in a forgiving mood!

shiningstar
February 26th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Sorry, "star". My dog joined the Lords of Kobol about 12 yahrens ago. :cry:

But hopefully, he's in a forgiving mood!

I'm sorry about your dog Aeneas ..........I miss my fur friends from the past too.

As for your dog .........I'm sure he will be in a forgiving mood ...............:rose: