PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise, Sunset

Muffit
February 6th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Tonight my family called me over to the west window. I stared in awe with my daughter at what had to be the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. Wisps of pink and lavender clouds stretched from horizon to horizon, like a bow and ribbon on a gift of the world. What was most stunning, was that it looked /exactly/ like a painting; it was much too ethereal, and one could see each cirrus brush stroke, a canvas for some master Artist's hand.

Now my memory is complete, for once long ago I saw the most beautiful sunrise I had ever seen. On a Central American beach and just at dawn, a golden sun the size of Jupiter rippled like liquid brass over a mirror sea. A sight I saved in song as, "Chalice sun bleeds liquid pools of gold...".

Association is the ink and quill of our mind. For me tonight reminded me of when I first found Fleets, sunrise, and when I saw it end, sunset. And if you wonder how I feel, imagine tomorrow with no sunrise.

That is what I fear if I should close my eyes and let my fervor sleep right now.

Affectionately,
Muffit
:muffit:

Titon
February 6th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Good lord girl! You ever see a grown man cry!!!!!!!!!!

Stop it!

:)

thomas7g
February 6th, 2004, 07:05 PM
I love my daggit.

:love:

Muffit
February 6th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Sorry Don, my bad. Daggit goes to corner...

And Thomas, daggit loves you all :heart:

amberstar
February 6th, 2004, 07:41 PM
:heart: We do love you Muffit! Your are priceless!

Don - we also :heart: CF. ((( Muffit echos how many of us fee!))).

Amber

Muffit
February 6th, 2004, 07:43 PM
:heart: Amber

amberstar
February 6th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Thanks Muffit!

DarkJedi
February 6th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Awww man.... just when I thought I could get thru a day with out crying... :cry:

awww muffit... :heart:

Muffit
February 6th, 2004, 11:29 PM
:heart: DarkJedi

Titon
February 7th, 2004, 06:25 AM
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!

I can only take so much mushie stuff!

YEESH!

:D

Dawg
February 7th, 2004, 09:06 AM
:heart: :heart: :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

BST
February 7th, 2004, 09:22 AM
:star: Beautiful! :star:

Muffit, you have the courage of a warrior and the heart and soul of a dreamer, may you always be blessed with beautiful sunrises!

:rose: :rose:

jewels
February 7th, 2004, 09:59 AM
That was beautiful, Muffit. You weren't the only one that felt that way. And you aren't the only one that likes sunsets. ;)

*hands around a box of Kleenex starting with Don... Our best Warriors shed tears over something at some point, don't feel bad.*

Titon
February 7th, 2004, 10:15 AM
You you you you, GIRLS!!!!!!

:cry::cry:

Muffit
February 7th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Thank you Dawg, BST and Jewels :heart:

Don, would it help if I said I /also/ got an association with Tommy's hilarious antics at another board - where the colors were briefly pink and lavender as well? Almost went blind! LOL! :D

Titon
February 7th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Oh good lord!

Angora???? The purple place of perverbial people's passions???

:wtf:

jewels
February 7th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Isn't Agora that place Tommy'd rather forget???

Hmmm. Tommy's had 2 bad or humorous instances with purple. Kristi & I like purple....How about the other girls?? Purple anyone?

Muffit
February 7th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Purple borders on a black background would be gorgeous! :)

Titon
February 7th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Hey i like purple!

It's just so happens i don't perticularly like Green!

:D

BST
February 7th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Could the forum colors be 'customized' for the sub-forums? If so, you could use Purple and Black for, say, the Cafe; use Red and Black for TOS discussion; and so on, ...

OR

Is the use of colors governed by what's specified in the template and, if so, would it need to be the same throughout the forums/sub-forums?

(You know, one of these days, Tom's going to throw something at me. :D
I guess I'd better practice ducking :duck: )

Titon
February 7th, 2004, 11:21 AM
You know, one of these days, Tom's going to throw something at me.

Ha! I've got plenty of lumps just to prove how good of an arm he really has.

;)

BST
February 7th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Ha! I've got plenty of lumps just to prove how good of an arm he really has.

;)

Uh oh, guess I'll have to wear the helmet 24x7!

jewels
February 7th, 2004, 12:12 PM
S. California boys can practice their pitching year round....but throwing over all those mountains between S. Cal. and Minnesota:eek:
I'd have gone for the self destructing upon delivery FedEx package myself.:wtf:... jk... :laugh:

DarkJedi
February 7th, 2004, 09:08 PM
PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

I brake for purple!!!!

Kristi ;)

shiningstar
February 9th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Tonight my family called me over to the west window. I stared in awe with my daughter at what had to be the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. Wisps of pink and lavender clouds stretched from horizon to horizon, like a bow and ribbon on a gift of the world. What was most stunning, was that it looked /exactly/ like a painting; it was much too ethereal, and one could see each cirrus brush stroke, a canvas for some master Artist's hand.

Now my memory is complete, for once long ago I saw the most beautiful sunrise I had ever seen. On a Central American beach and just at dawn, a golden sun the size of Jupiter rippled like liquid brass over a mirror sea. A sight I saved in song as, "Chalice sun bleeds liquid pools of gold...".

Association is the ink and quill of our mind. For me tonight reminded me of when I first found Fleets, sunrise, and when I saw it end, sunset. And if you wonder how I feel, imagine tomorrow with no sunrise.

That is what I fear if I should close my eyes and let my fervor sleep right now.

Affectionately,
Muffit

Beautiful post Muffit.

I felt the same way when a meteor passed right over my house.
It was so close I felt like I could touch it. It only took a few seconds
for it to go over yet it was so close and so very bright it seemed much longer.

I too felt as though nothing like that would happen again. But I was wrong.
First of all I had the memory of that one Meteor streaking across the sky.

Also ........ there were and will be other meteor showers to come.

They may look different ....... yet they will still come ..... just as other
sunsets and sunrises will come and go through our lives.

Muffit
February 9th, 2004, 07:41 PM
They may look different ....... yet they will still come ..... just as other
sunsets and sunrises will come and go through our lives.

Thank you for your kind words Shiningstar :) And that last line of your is quite special - you are so right.

shiningstar
February 10th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Anytime Muffit ;)