PDA

View Full Version : Romance might kill the show

agent404
January 31st, 2004, 08:41 AM
Last night's episode of SG1 had Sam going out with a civilian. I don't know about you but that doesn't sound like it fits the show well. If she has to romance anyone she should do it with Jack at least they've been together for a while.
Actually I don't like the romance idea altogether. I'm not saying the characters can't have personal relationships I'm just saying not to revolve the whole show around it like star trek does or else the show gets really boring.

Sci-Fi
January 31st, 2004, 09:44 AM
I found it odd that she had permission to discuss the SGC with any outsiders and that they took him to SGC instead of a local emergency room. I'm assuming they remove the Goa'uld from Sarah/Osiris. Anyways, Robert Cooper wanted to do a Sam (with Pete) and Daniel (with Sarah/Osiris) romantic stories at the same time in this episode.

Personally, I would have preferred Sam keeping her "Black Widow" tag, at least until next (the last) season. Too many interesting episodes coming up without having relationships unnecessarily mucking up the story lines. Having Sarah around fits into the SGC universe. She could at least supply some valuable information.

callsignfalcon
February 14th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Personally, I thought it should have been either 2 different eps, or the osirus plot should have been the entire ep.... it was one of the worst eps I've seen for a while.... if they were going to do an ep with sam and that guy, they should have delved more into the FBI thing, mand ade him searching to find out about her secrets a bigger part rather than the romance.

shiningstar
February 22nd, 2004, 05:59 PM
Last night's episode of SG1 had Sam going out with a civilian. I don't know about you but that doesn't sound like it fits the show well. If she has to romance anyone she should do it with Jack at least they've been together for a while.
Actually I don't like the romance idea altogether. I'm not saying the characters can't have personal relationships I'm just saying not to revolve the whole show around it like star trek does or else the show gets really boring.

I'm with YOU on this one .............civi NO .........jackson ............not likely ..........
Oniell ...........................most likely

thomas7g
February 22nd, 2004, 07:23 PM
She can't date jack!

Everyone she dates DIES!!!!!!!!

She's the KISS OF DEATH!

;)

shiningstar
February 23rd, 2004, 08:07 AM
She can't date jack!

Everyone she dates DIES!!!!!!!!

She's the KISS OF DEATH!

;)

Then Thomas .......... IN THAT CASE
Let's HOOK her up with SENATOR KINSLEY :devil:

Antelope
February 24th, 2004, 05:21 PM
She is meant to be with COL O'Neille IMHO. They were husband and wife in the alternate timeline episode and obviously had a deep love. They can't do anything with it now but once they make the decision to end the series their love and marriage needs to be in one of the final episodes.

If Daniel Jackson is to have a relationship with anyone in the SGC it should be that pretty doctor. I always thought her secondary purpose was to replace Sam if she ever wanted out of the show or wanted too much money. That doctor is still a beauty even in military uniform. Sam is starting to become a little hard on the eye in close ups without make up. They need to let her grow her hair out. A little less warrior and a little more woman would be nice.

shiningstar
February 24th, 2004, 05:23 PM
I still say that since she seems to be the KISS OF DEATH ..................
Hook her up with Senator Kinsely ......................:devil:

shiningstar
February 24th, 2004, 05:25 PM
She is meant to be with COL O'Neille IMHO. They were husband and wife in the alternate timeline episode and obviously had a deep love. They can't do anything with it now but once they make the decision to end the series their love and marriage needs to be in one of the final episodes.

If Daniel Jackson is to have a relationship with anyone in the SGC it should be that pretty doctor. I always thought her secondary purpose was to replace Sam if she ever wanted out of the show or wanted too much money. That doctor is still a beauty even in military uniform. Sam is starting to become a little hard on the eye in close ups without make up. They need to let her grow her hair out. A little less warrior and a little more woman would be nice.

I agree that the pretty doctor/jackson match ..........would be ..............................
nice ........................................as long as she isn't taken by the Go'uld to be a
host as his first wife was.

agent404
February 24th, 2004, 06:59 PM
That pretty doctor is now dead as a doorknob, sorry Danny boy.
But no that Sarah's body is freed from the Goa'uld Osiris, maybe he could go out with her

Sci-Fi
February 24th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Either Jack or Daniel could
start up a relationship with the rumored new female doctor, Dr. Smith(?). With Jack, it would depend on if the Dr. is in the armed forces or not. Daniel and Sarah, if they can rekindle the fire and/or start one with the new doctor. Season 8 will show a few episodes of the Sam and Pete relationship. And Christopher Judge did mention on one interview that someone will get married and one will die in season 8. Don't know if he was kidding though or throwing people off the track or who it will be. Maybe it's Teal'c and Ishta, although she is a temple high priestess. Come to think about it, Teal'c does have some "black widow" in him like Sam. His wife Drey'auc (remarried to Fro'tak then died later when her symbiote matured and wouldn't accept another one or deprive another Jaffa of life) and his former lover, the priestess Shau'nac (Tanith kills her). Time will tell...

:salute:

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 09:27 AM
I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the Spoilers Sci fi! :thumbsup:

Antelope
February 25th, 2004, 09:44 AM
I enjoy the spoilers because of my personal life I don't see the shows in order and do not always know what is currently going on. Thank goodness most of the time you don't need to understand the past to understand the current episode I am watching. They have a good mix of long term plot and independent stories.

I didn't know my pretty doctor was dead. I am curious to see how it happened since I don't think I ever saw her in an episode where she left the SGC. I always thought her role and the role of MAJ Carter were kind of redundant.

There seems to be an SG1 kiss of death or misfortune in general. It seems just about everyone they love gets killed, taken prisoner, or harmed sooner or later.

When the series finally runs its course I hope they know a season out so they can tie up the loose ends in a way that will make the fans happy. It would be ashame if they left us hanging in the relationship column when everything is done.

I see COL O'Neille married to MAJ Carter at the end or as a lonely man in his old age. He still seems to feel the pain at the loss of his son and tries to keep his heart at a distance from anyone. What ever happened to COL O'Neille's original wife? Is she still alive, remarried or what? If she is alive they could always reintroduce and reunite her and COL O'Neille at the the end of the series also.

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 10:14 AM
I enjoy the spoilers because of my personal life I don't see the shows in order and do not always know what is currently going on. Thank goodness most of the time you don't need to understand the past to understand the current episode I am watching. They have a good mix of long term plot and independent stories.

I didn't know my pretty doctor was dead. I am curious to see how it happened since I don't think I ever saw her in an episode where she left the SGC. I always thought her role and the role of MAJ Carter were kind of redundant.

There seems to be an SG1 kiss of death or misfortune in general. It seems just about everyone they love gets killed, taken prisoner, or harmed sooner or later.

When the series finally runs its course I hope they know a season out so they can tie up the loose ends in a way that will make the fans happy. It would be ashame if they left us hanging in the relationship column when everything is done.

I see COL O'Neille married to MAJ Carter at the end or as a lonely man in his old age. He still seems to feel the pain at the loss of his son and tries to keep his heart at a distance from anyone. What ever happened to COL O'Neille's original wife? Is she still alive, remarried or what? If she is alive they could always reintroduce and reunite her and COL O'Neille at the the end of the series also.

I think he and his "WIFE" are divorced.

thomas7g
February 25th, 2004, 11:19 AM
I'm just dang glad the spolier box is working right. ;)

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 11:22 AM

So am I :thumbsup:

Sci-Fi
February 25th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Hmmmmm...thought you said you weren't going to be peeking...lol...j/k
:eek: :laugh: :salute:

Antelope
February 25th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I think he and his "WIFE" are divorced.

I thought they were divorced but am not sure if she was still alive in the show or remarried. If she is alive and unmarried I could see them reuniting in a future episode although I am partial to seeing Jack and Sam together. Every time they have a future based episode Jack is portrayed as a lonely man who shuns people in general and does not stay in contact with his old friends. I understand why his character is that way but it would be nice to think his character found happiness and not just peace in his old age. :)

Sci-Fi
February 25th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Sarah and Jack divorced, but...(from the Omnipedia)
Part of her has never been able to get over her former husband. Sarah still believes the two had the greatest relationship, despite the tragedy (Charlie's death) that would eventually end their marriage.

Sarah kinda looks like Sam too. Maybe Jack has a thing for blonds.

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/o/graphics/oneillsarah.jpg

thomas7g
February 25th, 2004, 12:59 PM
There were one or two episodes with his wife. One time a blue crystal took the form of Jack and had his memories, and it went to his wife.

I also seem to recall one episode where an alien took the image of his son. Though that may be the same episode.

:D

Antelope
February 25th, 2004, 01:10 PM
I thought the episode where the alien took the form of his son included his wife. I just wasn't sure. It was a very sad episode. Maybe they will get back together.

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 01:53 PM
There were one or two episodes with his wife. One time a blue crystal took the form of Jack and had his memories, and it went to his wife.

I also seem to recall one episode where an alien took the image of his son. Though that may be the same episode.

:D

I remember that episode too.

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Sci fi .......I just noticed that your avatar moves! I like it!
VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY NICE :salute:

Sci-Fi
February 25th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Sci fi .......I just noticed that your avatar moves! I like it!
VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY NICE :salute:

Thanks... :D

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks... :D

you're welcome :warrior:

thomas7g
February 25th, 2004, 05:17 PM
I just watched episode 7x15 "Chimera".

I didn't feel any real chemistry from this new Pete. He didn't seem genuinine. Plus the way he stalked her, finding out info, etc, I would think he would have been booted for that.

On the plus side I hope there will be more of Daniel's ex girlfriend Sarah now that they got rid of her Osiris Goauld. I like her. She is charismatic. Plus it would make sense for her to eventually join the SGC. She would be alot more interesting than any of the other anthropologists that they use when Daniel jackson isn't available.

Sci-Fi
February 25th, 2004, 05:36 PM
A lot of fans didn't like Pete. I too thought it was creepy that he was "stalking" her. Agent Malcolm Barrett asked Sam out and is in the Resurrection episode and many find he would be a better, more interesting person for a relationship with Sam.

BTW, has anybody figured out how Pete knew which van Sam was in when they left the base for the stakeout?

Too bad nobody knew the MacGyver theme song. That would have been funnier than Sam humming the Stargate theme song with Jack in the elevator (although that was great too).

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I just watched episode 7x15 "Chimera".

I didn't feel any real chemistry from this new Pete. He didn't seem genuinine. Plus the way he stalked her, finding out info, etc, I would think he would have been booted for that.

On the plus side I hope there will be more of Daniel's ex girlfriend Sarah now that they got rid of her Osiris Goauld. I like her. She is charismatic. Plus it would make sense for her to eventually join the SGC. She would be alot more interesting than any of the other anthropologists that they use when Daniel jackson isn't available.

I'd like to have her back myself! She's beautiful and a good actress..............
let's not tell the writers though ................... they seem to have a
nasty perchant for killing off beauty queens .............. :eek:

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 05:44 PM
A lot of fans didn't like Pete. I too thought it was creepy that he was "stalking" her. Agent Malcolm Barrett asked Sam out and is in the Resurrection episode and many find he would be a better, more interesting person for a relationship with Sam.

BTW, has anybody figured out how Pete knew which van Sam was in when they left the base for the stakeout?

Too bad nobody knew the MacGyver theme song. That would have been funnier than Sam humming the Stargate theme song with Jack in the elevator (although that was great too).

I've been stalked myself ............ the guy playing Pete was TOO GOOD.
He gave me nightmares that I never want again ..................................

OH I know what you mean! I think Sam humming the Macgyver song
would have been as funny as the CYLONS walking by FACE in ATeam! :D

Sci-Fi
February 25th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Who knows....maybe the Ancients helped her to ascend and she'll show up again ala Daniel.

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Who knows....maybe the Ancients helped her to ascend and she'll show up again ala Daniel.

I'd LIKE that too happen ............but Will it? I don't think so. :(

kingfish
February 25th, 2004, 05:54 PM
IMHO the show is a ghost of itself. Seasons 1 through 5 were much better when Showtime had them.

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 05:58 PM
IMHO the show is a ghost of itself. Seasons 1 through 5 were much better when Showtime had them.

Yes I noticed that ................. :(

Sci-Fi
February 25th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Think both Teryl Rothery and Don Davis knew something was up when their contracts weren't renewed/extended/negotiated for season 8. But that doesn't stop them from doing guest appearances in SG1 or being part of the upcoming SG1 movies. Remember, Teryl didn't get a formal contract until Season 3. One can only hope..after all this is science fiction...anything is possible.

You might enjoy reading this interview: http://totallyteryl.com/interviews/atdsdtr.htm

shiningstar
February 25th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Think both Teryl Rothery and Don Davis knew something was up when their contracts weren't renewed/extended/negotiated for season 8. But that doesn't stop them from doing guest appearances in SG1 or being part of the upcoming SG1 movies. Remember, Teryl didn't get a formal contract until Season 3. One can only hope..after all this is science fiction...anything is possible.

You might enjoy reading this interview: http://totallyteryl.com/interviews/atdsdtr.htm

Sci fi You are right I did enjoy reading that interview.
Thank you so much for posting the link. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thomas7g
February 25th, 2004, 08:38 PM
I also noticed the show lost a bit since it moved to scifi. its mostly there. I think though the lost of daniel effected things greatly. And by the time he came back, the chemistry of the show changed.

And dang it... they really should add sarah. She's a hell lot better than those normal nerdy archaeologists you see on the show.

How about we add her to Adam Baldwin's team and forget this Atlantis fad? LOL

Sci-Fi
February 25th, 2004, 09:45 PM
IMHO, don't blame the scifi channel, they only gave the go ahead for another season. Why Michael Shanks took a "sabbatical" after season 5 isn't talked about by the studio (MGM) or the cast members other than the official press release. Plenty of rumors out there, but nothing concrete. As far as anybody can tell, the scifi channel had no direct input or influence into shows direction or creativity. Can read these links to get an insight:
http://www.michael-shanks.com/interviews/starlog24.html
and scroll down to read the "Shanks' Return Embraced By All":
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue324/letters.html

Even the gaters had some controversy at that time, but in the end worked it out. Here's both sides of that story:
http://www.pink-khaki.net/sjhw.html
http://www.pink-khaki.net/sdj.html
A partial quote:
Personal issues aside, even before Michael Shanks left, some Daniel fans were dictating what the show *should* be about; what it was *supposed* to be about. Our commentary never had anything to do with the character himself, it had to do with the behavior of the fans desiring to take creative control away from the rightful owners, the powers that be.

It should be noted that the "Save Daniel Jackson" website has been since taken down and dissolved. And more importantly, the SG1 fandom is back discussing/critiquing episodes, the story arc, and the acting performances.

shiningstar
February 26th, 2004, 09:16 AM
IMHO, don't blame the scifi channel, they only gave the go ahead for another season. Why Michael Shanks took a "sabbatical" after season 5 isn't talked about by the studio (MGM) or the cast members other than the official press release. Plenty of rumors out there, but nothing concrete. As far as anybody can tell, the scifi channel had no direct input or influence into shows direction or creativity. Can read these links to get an insight:
http://www.michael-shanks.com/interviews/starlog24.html
and scroll down to read the "Shanks' Return Embraced By All":
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue324/letters.html

Even the gaters had some controversy at that time, but in the end worked it out. Here's both sides of that story:
http://www.pink-khaki.net/sjhw.html
http://www.pink-khaki.net/sdj.html
A partial quote:

It should be noted that the "Save Daniel Jackson" website has been since taken down and dissolved. And more importantly, the SG1 fandom is back discussing/critiquing episodes, the story arc, and the acting performances.

That's good that the Save Daniel Jackson website has finally been taken
down since he's been 'saved'. I'm really looking forward to watching more
SG1 when time permits :thumbsup:

Still think it was better when it was with SHOWTIME though.

Sci-Fi
February 26th, 2004, 09:38 AM
I'm really looking forward to watching more
SG1 when time permits :thumbsup:

Still think it was better when it was with SHOWTIME though.

Might enjoy reading this interview with Joseph Mallozzi:
http://www.faxcion.com/mallozzi.html

shiningstar
February 26th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Might enjoy reading this interview with Joseph Mallozzi:
http://www.faxcion.com/mallozzi.html

I read it. What a fantastic interview. Thank you so much for posting it.
:thumbsup:

kingfish
February 27th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Oh crap. Don S. Davis is also going. It figures. Now the show will really be boring. Hammond is another reason for watching. Next they will probably frag Teal'C who by far is the BEST character. Teal'C is an innocent learning about humanking. Christopher Judge should have won an award for his perfromances which never bore one.

emerita
February 29th, 2004, 11:54 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas.....It was called Cold Lazarus in season one where the crystal entity took the shape of Jack and then Charlie...and there are still deep feelings for his ex wife.....

shiningstar
February 29th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Oh crap. Don S. Davis is also going. It figures. Now the show will really be boring. Hammond is another reason for watching. Next they will probably frag Teal'C who by far is the BEST character. Teal'C is an innocent learning about humanking. Christopher Judge should have won an award for his perfromances which never bore one.

Why is DON DAVIS Going? I loved his character? THey better not 'frag' Teal'c next.
That WILL make me STOP watching the show!

shiningstar
February 29th, 2004, 02:01 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas.....It was called Cold Lazarus in season one where the crystal entity took the shape of Jack and then Charlie...and there are still deep feelings for his ex wife.....

I loved those episodes! I thought they were well written.

emerita
February 29th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Why is DON DAVIS Going? I loved his character? THey better not 'frag' Teal'c next.
That WILL make me STOP watching the show!

I read that Davis and Rothery did not renew their contracts believing that the show would end with season 7. I read that Rothery had already made other commitments and could not get out of them. I don't know what Davis did......he has his art to fall back on so maybe he is free to continue....here's to hoping...I really like him

shiningstar
February 29th, 2004, 02:30 PM
I read that Davis and Rothery did not renew their contracts believing that the show would end with season 7. I read that Rothery had already made other commitments and could not get out of them. I don't know what Davis did......he has his art to fall back on so maybe he is free to continue....here's to hoping...I really like him

I'm hoping that Davis will be free to continue too. I like his character as well.