PDA

View Full Version : Get ready to feel the Thunder!

peter noble
December 5th, 2003, 03:54 PM
http://www.uip.co.uk/films/thunderbirds/video/thunderbirds_low.mov

The Thunderbirds teaser trailer in glorious Quicktime!

I'm so excited!

Peter :)

Bijou88
December 5th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Peter, how do you feel this movie will live up to the original Gerry Anderson tv series?

peter noble
December 6th, 2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Bijou88
Peter, how do you feel this movie will live up to the original Gerry Anderson tv series?

I don't know, it certainly looks like Thunderbirds, although wth real people! I know Gerry Anderson has a low opinion of it, and I'm bummed about FAB1 not being a Rolls-Royce, but this could be *the* family film for next summer, and if it sheds some light on Anderson's other work then that can only be a good thing!

Regards,

Peter

Proximo
December 6th, 2003, 03:50 AM
Well it has several of the qualities of the original: it's cheesy, the acting is wooden and the ships all look like expensive toys. I think it'll be great. :D

I'm also a little miffed about them dumping the roller, but I suppose there might have been a certain amount of cost involved in having a custom Rolls Royce built. Still, why would a landed lady drive a ford? Why? Ah well... at least most of the designs tried to stay faithful to the originals. Naturally there'll be a lot of nits to pick, but overall it seems very promising.

thomas7g
December 6th, 2003, 02:21 PM
wooohoooo!

F-A-B!!!!!

Bijou88
December 7th, 2003, 07:44 PM
I will keep an open mind about the movie but I am a but apprehensive about it. It bothers me that Gerry Anderson was not included in the movie. I also do not like the IR uniforms. They look kind of cheap to me. Oh well I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. At least Ronald D. Moore didn't write it. If he did Tracy Island would be a nudist colony and the Tracy Brothers would be the Tracy sisters!

peter noble
December 8th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Bijou88,

We'll just have to wait and see as regards the film. Jonathan Frakes is a talented director and I've got a lot of faith in his abilities.

Viewing the trailer, I felt like I was four years old again, or like that day in '78 when I picked up Starlog and saw the first BSG pics!

Peter

jeditemple
December 8th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Now this is the right way to do a re-make...

;)

Proximo
December 9th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Hopefully. :) There are some things I'm annoyed about, like the redesigns of a couple of the vehicles, but I get the feeling they're trying to be faithful to the original source.