PDA

View Full Version : can enterprise be in anymore trouble?

nightscape2112
November 11th, 2003, 01:18 AM
last weeks episode was pretty good, except that half way through it, i knew they were going to destroy the microbes. then somehow the temporal gist would bring archer back to present time and the episode would not have happened. i kept hoping that he would be able to remember the site on the zindi weapon, although i knew they would not.

now they are going to step into a westren theme with the new episode. they halfway moved the story forward (by showing earth destroied). only to erase it, in last weeks epi. now they are going to forget about earth being destroied and go save a wild west world.

many friends that i have, while watching st:voyager, would call episodes that were undone by temporal mechanics "the janeway effect". now st:enterprise have done that a few times. so even though janeway is in archers future, maybe she got the temporal ploy from archer.

i will still watch it, only because it is star trek. still waiting for something better.

please richard, bring the great war of magellan to the screen so i can quit watching this show.

nightscape

Quoshara
November 11th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Trek is my thing... as anyone who knows me will tell you. I live for it.

However, I watched very little of Voyager and only 1 or 2 eps of Enterprise. As much as I love Trek, I'm hoping that by not watching the junk they are now churning out and referring to as "Trek" they might get the hint that it needs improvement.

Kind of one woman boycott. *G*

thomas7g
November 11th, 2003, 06:56 PM
I hope they get some sense.

I liked the future flashback episode. Probably one of the better written episodes sofar. Though the Captain dodging laser blasts as everyone gets hit by phasers, then he struggles to hit the button as phaser hit after hit fails to stop him was alittle too cartoonish. The kind of cartoon that's on weekdays during those odd afternoon hours. :D

It was kinda like what you expect of batman or superman. One hit kills everyone, but it takes multiple to stop the Captain of the Enterprise!

I understand that producing at a madly paced tv schedule is hurried at best but still... this seems to have only been given two minutes of thought.

What they SHOULD HAVE DONE is

Archer Flox and Tpol sneak their way to Engineering. But the invaders find them first. And Archer is mortally wounded.

Tpol drags his body through a bulkway and locks the door behind her. The pursuers can't get through. They invaders look for another way and report their situation.

Floz and Tpol show a moment of grief. But Tpol forces them onward. Flox asks why. Tpol tells him that they can still irradicate the virus in the past. So they drag Archers body along.

More scenes of the soldiers now actively looking for survivors.

They reach sickbay, only to discover the the treatment chamber is damaged beyond repair. Flox is resigned to his fate. But he wants to try to save Tpol by getting her out of there. "I can still save YOU. Archer would have wanted that".

But Tpol won't go. She explains the ship, and humanity is doomed. She prepares the ship to explode hoping to destroy the virus that way.

Flox weighs his options. He chooses to stay and help Tpol. Flox muses how ironic that the fate of the human race now rests on the only two nonhuman crewmembers and their faith have in one human. In their friend. Tpol only responds with a soft thoughtful look.

Now you can end the show right there with Tpol responding with a slow activation fo the warp drive overload. OR you can have the enemy burst in. They exchange gunfire. Flox is killed. Tpol is winged by a blast and loses her weapon. The enemy raises his gun to kill her. She stares him down coldly and activates the overload.

Everything goes white. Fade in to the medical bay. Archer is on a bed complaing about a headache. In walks Tpol, she is back to being distant. She brings him the movie to watch. He offers that it would be more fun to watch it with someone. She replies that she needs to get back to work and politly leaves.

The camera follows her walking away in the hallway as it fades to credits.

:cow:

nightscape2112
November 11th, 2003, 09:57 PM
that would have been a much better way to end it. i dont know who they have writting for them, but it needs to change.

if they want another season of enterprise they need to move forward with the search for the xindi weapon, and they need to find it. let that be the cliff hanger at the end of this season. hopefully upn wont pull a stunt like sci-fi did with ending farscape in a cliff hanger.

i wish i could boycott enterprise but i cant stay away. i am a scifi junkie. right now my scifi includes enterprise, star gate sg1(old episodes, since i dont have the sci-fi channel anymore), farscape (epi's that i have on tape/vcd) and thats about all. so i am limited on where i can get my scifi from.

just hoping that it will get better,

nightscape

LucianG
November 13th, 2003, 04:56 AM
The "wild west" episode was much better than I'd expected. Enterprise's crew visited a planet populated by the survivors of alien abductees of 1863 (based on "the 40 years after our ancestors were abducted" statement at the end of the show). The abductees had rebelled against those who had sought to enslave them, and then set up a society based on their own, where they repressed the descendants of their original abductors. It was a good Roddenberry-like morality play reminiscent of ST:TOS.

One thing REALLY bugged me though, and it was what was discussed above. Archer gets shot in the shoulder by a Colt Peacemaker (44 caliber, I think). It looked like a really nasty wound (and would have been!), but there was very little bleeding, and he still managed to fight on and on after this. If he's going to get shot like that, let him go down and let someone else rescue him.

On other thing: The previews for next week make it look like my favorite character is to be killed. I don't mind characters being killed sometimes, since that would happen in reality, but IF this is another one of those "they die and then come back" episodes, I'll probably change the channel.

Artemis
November 13th, 2003, 09:40 AM
I missed the beginning of last night's episode, the western one, I was playing on my new computer. It seemed ok from what I saw but it was just so derivative of some many other stories. A group of humans taken by aliens and put into slavery, hmm sounds like StarGate, Voyager, Twilight Zone.....

I certainly am not against time travel stories but they seem to be over using it. I thought they wanted to do a prequel to draw on things in the past and instead they keep jumping into the future and then of course, having to undo it at the end.

I'll keep watching because like Nightscape, I am a scifi junkie and I also have to tape them for my boss who doesn't have cable, but they need some better stories.
:colwar:

LucianG
November 13th, 2003, 01:18 PM
I agree, Artemis. Fortunately, this time, they did avoid the time travel by having had the abduction take place several hundred years before. While not great, to me, it's still science fiction and better than most of the other stuff on TV.

lordpenquin
December 24th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Ever since DS9 and B5 left the airways, we have been berift of intelligent Sci-Fi on TV. I know you won't find any on the Sci-Fi channel.