PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica models

SeoulWind
October 29th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Well, I don't know if it's art, but it is creative... I think this is the place to post it, so here goes...

I'm a member of the forums and a frequent visitor over at www.starshipmodeler.com . We're a bunch of folks who like to build science fiction models, primarily, although most of us build all sorts of things from real space subjects to Gundam kits. Quite a few of us have built the Revell Monogram Battlestar Galactica kits (some of them are scratch building studio scale battlestars!!), and you guys can check them out over in the galleries there. Some of us have been discussing Galactica lately, so I've talked up CF and Cylon.org - maybe some of them will drop in and show off some of their work.

Anyway, here are some shots of my Colonial Viper kit: http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=SeoulWind&album_id=115253

It's not perfect, but the next one will be! This kit was modified by removing all of the raised panel lines and then scribing all of them back into the plastic. Guns were modified to more closely match the "real" ones, an aftermarket resin cockpit and pilot set was added, and the detail panel between the thruster exhausts was moved outward to its proper position. All markings were painted on - no decals were used. Weathering was done using ground up pastel chalk.

I hope you like it!

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea

jewels
October 29th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Nice!

thomas7g
October 30th, 2003, 12:36 AM
looks pretty good :D

LucianG
October 30th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Very nice, Mark!

chez1701
November 8th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Awsome, Mark! Any chance it's for sale?:warrior:

SeoulWind
November 8th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Wow, thanks! I've never been asked that question before :o

I'm very flattered but I'm afraid I couldn't part with it for so many reasons, not the least being embarrassment. There is so much that is wrong with this particular effort that you can't see until you are inspecting it closely.

If you (or anyone) would like to have a Viper kit built, I can probably put you in touch with a general list of modelers who build for sale and/or a specific group of Viper builders who have their work posted online (who may or may not entertain offers).

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!

Mark

chez1701
November 9th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Any chance for a group buy you think? I would love a Viper but I don't have the paitents to build one! I also want a Eagle transport and a starfighter from Buck Rodgers!!

he he! Hey I saw the pic's I'll still buy it!!:emperor:

BlueSquad2001
December 19th, 2003, 02:44 PM
E-mail me Chev1701 at teripop@comcast.net And i'm working with Ron over at Dreamland to construct several studio scale kits, including the De Santo viper and an updated cylon raider. Drop me a line, maybe I can help.:salute:

Ferox
October 18th, 2005, 04:22 PM
This looks very impressive, great!

bad_frog68
October 30th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Terrific pictures...far so :)

BlueSquad2001
November 23rd, 2005, 02:26 PM
Need to lenthen my Monogram fuselage I found out it;s too short, compared to the filming model. ;)