PDA

View Full Version : Why A Prequel Would've Worked

Muffit
October 27th, 2003, 12:00 PM
I just saw a movie the other night, called The Wide Sargasso Sea. If you can get past the rather excessive skin/adult situations, it's actually a pretty good flick. But that's not the catch - in the last few minutes they unleash the kicker - it's a prequel! And a prequel to a very well known and loved show to boot (I won't mention it's name here so as not to spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it).

The prequel surprise really and truly boosts the movie from okay to a 6th Sense kind of flick. Sends tingles as soon as you get it. And the movie kinda reminds me of the adult-flavor TPTB wanted to inject the mini with. So similar.

The BSG mini could've done this. And /everybody/ would've been happy. Well, I guess that's the way things go. It's too bad though - this was a chance to please all of the people all of the time.

:muffit:

Bijou88
November 10th, 2003, 02:57 PM
I think with some care, Moore could have crafted the mini as a prequel. It could have had new characters (not pastich of the original cast) and put down the ground work for the 1000 yaren war between the Cylon Alliance and the Colonies. On second thought, if it turned out like the fiasco performed by Berman and Braga over on Enterprise, it probably wouldn't make a good idea.

chez1701
November 10th, 2003, 03:36 PM
You don't like Enterprise? Bijou88? It's hard to come up with new ideas for shows. a prequel would be a good idea but would people understand it?

I'm waiting for the V series to come back! He hE

shiningstar
November 10th, 2003, 05:45 PM
That's just it Muffit. What you said made SENSE ................
Which is PRECISELY
WHY Hammer and Moore REFUSED to do it!