PDA

View Full Version : Anime: Gunslinger Girl is much better than it sounds!

thomas7g
October 19th, 2003, 03:57 PM
http://home.socal.rr.com/megazone/ggirl.jpg

I just saw the first two episodes of a new dark anime called Gunslinger Girl!

Contrary to the name, its VERY serious. Its not a humorous. Its VERY dark. It makes Noir look happy.

An unnamed heartless goverment has resorted to using assassins to get some of its dirtier work done. And they have chosen children as the least conspicuous way of getting close and eliminating their enemies.

The main character is a little girl named Henreita. She witnessed her family being murdered in front of her. Then she was gang raped. She was the perfect candidate. The program surgically removed all her muscles and replaced them with stronger synthetic ones. And drugs conditioned her mind. She was trained and nows is the perfect killer. The process unfortunately is not stable. Physically and psychologically it is very brutal on her and she won't have a very long lifespan now even if she don't get killed.

Also although she shows alot of "talent" she also has misfires. In a resteraunt having a simple meal, she almost kills the waiter cause she saw him cleaning a table knife. And her last case she killed the enemy so brutally the room was filled with bulletholes.

But amidst the brutality are moments of tenderness of a little girl whos been through trama learning to be human.

But there is a dark cloud over this girl. You worry about this girl, but you can't imagine a happy ending.

Gunslinger Girl is imaginative and well written and animated. it is NOT for children. But if you like dark stories, this may be for you.

nightscape2112
October 19th, 2003, 10:57 PM
cool, what channel is it on? if i dont get it, i might find it online.

nightscape

thomas7g
October 20th, 2003, 01:07 AM
its still airing in Japan I believe. But you may be able to find it from online or one of those peer to peer services. Or if you hve a friend too who's connected. :D

Nimrod
October 20th, 2003, 04:19 AM
Sounds really cool. :)