PDA

View Full Version : New Breast Cancer Stamp

ojai22
October 18th, 2003, 10:23 AM
ALRIGHT WOMEN/MEN, Lets do this !!!!!

It would be wonderful if 2003 were the year a cure for breast cancer was found! The notion that we could raise $35 million by buying a book of stamps is powerful!

As you may be aware, the U.S. Postal Service recently released its new "Fund the Cure" stamp to help fund breast cancer research. The stamp was designed by Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, Maryland. It is important that we take a stand against this disease that affects so many of our mothers, sisters and friends.

Instead of the normal 37 cents for a stamp, this one costs 40 cents. The additional 3 cents will go to breast cancer research. A "normal" book costs $7.40. This one is only $8. It takes a few minutes in line at the Post Office and means so much. If all stamps are sold, it will raise an additional $35,000,000 for this vital research.

Just as important as the money is our support. What a statement it would make if the stamp outsold the lottery this week. What a statement it would make that we care. I would urge you to do two things TODAY:

1. Go out and purchase some of these stamps.

2. E-mail your friends to do the same. We all know women and their families whose lives are turned upside-down by breast cancer. It takes so little to do so much in this drive. I think we can all afford the additional 60 cents that a book of this stamp costs.

thomas7g
October 18th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Rest assured I will forgo my favorite choice of stars and stripes stamps and get this next time. :D

hmmmmm the post office website isn't working for me. none of the links work.
http://shop.usps.com/

BST
October 18th, 2003, 01:23 PM
ojai,

You can count on me to purchase at least 1 book of stamps, maybe more, as long as they're available. The fight to find a cure for breast cancer hits home with me as I lost an aunt, to this dreaded disease, over 20 years ago.

Thanks for spreading the word!! :rose:

BST :)

Starbuck
October 18th, 2003, 03:14 PM
I always bought the previous breast cancer stamp when I could find it. I'll buy the new one as well when I see it at my local post office. :)

ojai22
October 18th, 2003, 07:28 PM
You may have to ask for it. If everyone bought just one book one time it would make a lot of difference.

Happy Trails.

The 14th Colony
October 18th, 2003, 07:45 PM
I don't mail many snail mail letters but I will buy this stamp book. All sufferers of breast cancer, my mom included, will hopefully benefit from the money raised.

emerita
October 19th, 2003, 08:42 AM
I'm in. That will be all I'll buy from now on. I lost my mother to it and I am a survivor.

ojai22
October 19th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by The 14th Colony
I don't mail many snail mail letters

14th, On another note, you can use the stamps to mail letters to Larson, DeSanto and later, NBC. Two birds with one stone, etc. :)

The 14th Colony
October 19th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by ojai22
14th, On another note, you can use the stamps to mail letters to Larson, DeSanto and later, NBC. Two birds with one stone, etc. :)
heh heh, good idea. I hadn't thought of that.
As long as we're on this subject. Those with faith, be a good soul if you would and pray for relief and peace upon my mother, please. She is a survivor and her cancer is under control, but the chemo is causing her unbearable swelling and pain of her feet and lower legs, so much so that she can barely walk without crying. Plus she has a hyatal (sp?) hernia that is agonizing in spurts, but she can't have anything done to correct it so long as she's on chemo. Her will is strong, but all she can do from when she gets home from work till the next morning is lie down in pain and barely able to move from it. :confused: You could say she is killing the cancer, but the chemo is killing her.