PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop.

kingfish
September 16th, 2003, 05:37 PM
I just activated my software. Does anyone here use it and how is it?

kingfish
September 16th, 2003, 05:55 PM
woohoo kingfish has an avatar.

thomas7g
September 17th, 2003, 11:33 AM
congrats!

btw- got it, love it. Its getting waaay too complicated, but I like it.

kingfish
September 17th, 2003, 11:57 AM
I was hoping to make my own BG pics like the great Steve W. Only I don't have a clue of how to get started. On top of that I can't draw for the life of me. (((((help))))))

Artemis
September 17th, 2003, 12:42 PM
You should check out your local library, there are a ton of photoshop books out if that kind of help works for you. I mostly just played with it and it takes a while to figure things out but you will after a lot of swearing. The best advice I can give is take notes, I always do something and later want to do it again and can't remember how and have to go through the whole process again to figure it out.
:colwar:

LadyImmortal
September 17th, 2003, 12:52 PM
I have JASC Paintshop, not Photoshop but it's similar.

And the best advice I can give is - do. Keep using things inside of the program until you get it to do what you wanna do.

I've tried help books but when it comes down to it, nothing beats using all of the buttons until you know what they do...(or reading the help files...)

Same thing I did with Front Page! =)

--Rhonda

thomas7g
September 17th, 2003, 05:15 PM
yup. I would go out to the bookstore and get the photoshop bible.

Then do stuff. and when you get stuck, refer to te bible. :D

martok2112
September 27th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Ah...what an awesome proggie. I pretty much learned how to use it on my own too...although I did have a little help from a friend of mine James DiGriz.

A lot of times, when I do photomanipulation, I won't just use a single proggie. I use a combination of proggies:

1. MS Paint
2. PhotoImpression (probably one and a half steps below PhotoShop)
3. PhotoShop itself.

I have also used photoshop and the other proggies in conjunction with ShowBiz, to create some photomanipped animations. Talk about a tedious process. When I get my own computer again, I am going to dabble in making modeled space battles...soon as I can find some decent models to work with. Either that, or I will be able to take existing footage and remanipulate it to make it look even more spectacular.

Respectfully,
martok2112

Kai
September 28th, 2003, 12:40 PM
places to ask -

www.3dgladiators.com
www.renderosity.com