PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Laws!

thomas7g
August 28th, 2003, 01:25 AM
http://www.dumblaws.com/index.html

This is a website that has gathered many many dumb laws and made them easily searchable by state and location.

Dumb laws in my state:

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.

You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.

It is illegal to jump into a passing car.

It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent.

Toads may not be licked.

Zoot suits are prohibited.

:D

PlaidSquadron
August 28th, 2003, 07:51 AM
Sunshine is guaranteed to the masses. (tell that to the guys inLA on a Smoggy day)

Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship (People on the other hand...)

Women may not drive in a house coat. (They can, however, do their nails in the fast lane)

No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour. (I have seen this on the news. I am sure of it)

My County:
It is illegal to skateboard and roller-skate through the courthouse and library (Motor bikes are OK though)

Nadia
August 28th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by conundrum7g
http://www.dumblaws.com/index.html

Zoot suits are prohibited.

:D

Zoot suit riot! Throw back a bottle of beer!

In my state...

It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel. However up to 120 men can live together, without breaking the law.

It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors (There go my nightly plans).

Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

Muffit
August 28th, 2003, 11:56 AM
An officer once told me that there is still a law in California that, if it is foggy, someone must walk 150 feet in front of your car carrying a lantern. :)

:muffit:

The 14th Colony
August 28th, 2003, 05:15 PM
An officer once told me that there is still a law in California that, if it is foggy, someone must walk 150 feet in front of your car carrying a lantern.
That method would probably work well until the light bearer tripped into a pothole or a ditch, or got hit by a car going the other way.
Sheesh, who makes up these laws?

Flamingo Girl
August 29th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Thistles may not grow in one's yard.

It's illegal to throw bales of hay from a second-story window within the city limits.

Good thing I live in a basement apartment, then.

It's illegal to take a lion to the movies.

Damn.

You may not curse inside the city limits.

Oops.

Muffit
August 29th, 2003, 07:55 PM
:laugh:

shiningstar
August 30th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Here's one for the stupid law books in New Mexico:

(It made my Jaw DROP)

Hunting is PROHIBITED in MOUNTAIN View Cementary.
(That law is in Deming, NM to be exact)

Also no Goats may be lead down the sidewalks of the city.

And in Las Cruces, NM .........

It is ILLEAGAL to carry a lunch box down Main street. :cop: :cop:

Senmut
September 3rd, 2003, 03:17 AM
Well, it just isn't sporting, to hunt in a cemetary. The quarry can't move as fast as you can.

shiningstar
September 3rd, 2003, 06:13 AM
LOL Senmut :D

Muffit
September 3rd, 2003, 09:41 AM
ROTFL Senmut! :)