PDA

View Full Version : Taken....Again?

thomas7g
August 1st, 2003, 08:17 PM
Scifi is airing the Taken Miniseries again.

This show was imensely popular during its first showing on Scifi Channel. And its flooding of primetime for about two weeks dramatically increased scifi's ratings.

But... can you watch it again?

Micheleh
August 1st, 2003, 11:09 PM
I thought about it, but the 5 minutes of program, 10 minutes of commercial makes me crazy! I'll wait for the DVD.

jjrakman
August 2nd, 2003, 01:27 AM
Uhh, I never saw it the first time. Is it any good?

thomas7g
August 2nd, 2003, 01:43 AM
The first five minutes are great. But then it gets to be rather redundant. This person is taken. That person is taken. This person is taken again. So is that one. That person's kid is tken. Person A is taken again...

All in all it gets waaay too repitious until the little girl is finally born. Than they got something of a plot. Though I think it only gets a "B" at its best. C- during all those Taken again and again episodes. Though it does has an epic quality. And special effects are great.

It just needs to be cut down by a third. :D

Krystal
August 2nd, 2003, 02:34 PM
I never saw it when they show it, it never get completely my attention. So I don't know if it get it a second time. Although I have hear good things about it.

Krystal

shiningstar
August 3rd, 2003, 03:36 PM
NO! It was a GOOD SHOW but ONCE was ENOUGH ....
NOW if they had a new plot ...........let's say the
TAKING of BONNIE HAMMER and RON MOORE >......
and KEEPING THEM ..........THAT I WOULD WATCH :devil:

Krystal
August 9th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Lol! that probably will be good to see.

Krystal

shiningstar
August 11th, 2003, 08:44 AM
DEFINATELY! Then I could take over the scifi channel and
put RH in charge of REPAIRING 'The REMAKE'!

thomas7g
August 11th, 2003, 01:28 PM
oH THAT GIVE ME AN IDEA!!!

kingfish
August 11th, 2003, 05:21 PM
I saw the promos for Taken. If you listen to Bonnie's speach it was like she created the Mini.

Muffit
August 11th, 2003, 05:39 PM
To me, Taken was a true exception to Sci-Fi Channel programming. It was much better than I thought and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Heather Donahue was stellar.

Yes, I was taken with Taken. Hey, one out of 1,000 shows ain't bad. :)

:muffit:

thomas7g
August 11th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Even Bonnie knows to acquiese to anything Speilberg says.

shiningstar
August 11th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Then let's get STEVEN SPEILBERG to take over the
scifi channel!

jewels
August 27th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Na, David Kissinger would never let Speilberg do his own thing, it'd be too successful. ;)

jeditemple
August 28th, 2003, 07:36 AM
"Taken" was good for the first week, but the second week went downhill fast. When my wife and I saw the ending, we were saying "THAT'S IT???" We spent two weeks watching this crap, just to have that as an ending? There was so much stuff re-hashed from Close Encounters that it wasn't even funny.

I really wish I could get those two weeks back. :mad:

jewels
August 28th, 2003, 02:10 PM
I saw the promo for it this week and I have to hand it to the SciFi programmers: They are showing Taken every Sunday, 10 consecutive weeks starting on Sept 28. Sundays at 9pm. Dec. 7th is the 11th weeks from that start date. And we know about Dec. 7th. Talk about a quality difference.

I know what 10 weeks of promos will be, does anyone else see it coming? Do you see the "can we hook them by habit" if the "bait and switch" plan has been publicized to the point it won't work?

Ack. :upchuck:

thomas7g
August 28th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Well.... what else does scifi have to put on tv? They can't make Stargate 7 days a week!

repcisg
August 28th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Bugs is comming!

BSG_Sci_FiPulse
August 28th, 2003, 09:52 PM
It can't have been that good. They shown the Taken mini series here in the UK from January through to early March. They showed it over a ten week period, with no adverts cos BBC does not utilise adds because they would rather rip off the general public by charging a TV License and showing soaps and other unimaginative television.

Anyway when it shown here in the UK it was on a Saturday evening. They would re run the previous episode on another BBC channel to give people a chance to catch up. Anyway to cut a long story short, it tanked here in the UK.

The DVD is already out here in the UK, I do not know how it is selling or anything like that. But personally I find DVD Box sets to be a little to pricey.

I watched Taken when it aired, and it was alright, it was mildly entertaining, but I would not say it was great. However I miss the final two parts due to the fact that I was on holiday in the States when they aired. I actually set the video for them, but when I got back and tried to play them back. Well what you know my cable was down.