PDA

View Full Version : Thanks For The Memories

kingfish
July 28th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Bob Hope has passed away at 100 years of age. The man was a legend in the entertainment industry and also a true hero. Mr Hope entertained our troops in almost every War. He went over to the Persian Gulf during the first Gulf War. I remember watching the special when it aired. here is to you. :beer:

Dawg
July 28th, 2003, 07:28 AM
It is, indeed, a sad day.

The last of the legends, I think.

Thank you, Mr. Hope.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Shatter
July 28th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Sad news indeed. Mr. Hope was an incomparable entertainer and a wonderful human being who worked hard to provide help and encouragement to our servicemen in times of need. He will be greatly missed.

The Blue Mule
July 28th, 2003, 09:42 AM
The man had a great life! 100 years of healing through Humor.

I can imagine, as he's on the elevator towards heaven, Hope turns to the
angle and says:

Hope:
Ahhh I dont wanna interupt you with mortal questions or anything,but isn't it gettin' a bit hot in here? I mean you did press the UP button didn't you? Umm How long is this flight,any inflight movie? Elevator music would be just right,to calm my nerves. Ahh the strong silent type eh? (Elevator sound chimes and the door opens to a vista of sunlight)
(Hope exits the car)
Someone aught a clip your wings.

BOB gonna miss ya!

Rich.

captmiloman
July 28th, 2003, 12:17 PM
I'm listening to The Don & Mike Show, a syndicated radio show which originates from WJKF in Washington, D.C. They plan on doing a full blown Bob Hope tribute on their show tomorrow. I plan on doing Karaoke this weekend. First song I plan on singing will be Thanks For the Memories, assuming the local KJ's have it.

Senmut
July 28th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Yes, a true legend has passed. How sad that in this age of glitze and substanceless wanna-bes, there is no one of his stature.
Bob, we're gonna miss ya! Say hi to Lorne for us.:rose: :beer:

Raymar3d
July 28th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Hi all,

In the late 1940's my dad played a round of golf with Bing Crosby and Bob Hope on an Air Force base I don't remember the name of. My dad was with his girlfriend at the time, and Bob Hope and Bing Crosby were playing through and visiting with everyone on the course and playing a hole with them. My dad thought they were very professional and still laughs about the encounter to this day.

Thanks for the memories....

Ken