PDA

View Full Version : The Final Countdown On DVD

kingfish
July 11th, 2003, 12:22 PM
I noticed that this title will soon be available at Amazon.com. The movie is about an aircraft carrier that goes back in time pre December 7, 1941. The movie stars Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen.

ravesholpulsar
July 11th, 2003, 05:21 PM
I did a dvd rip from a PAL UK print and I share movies on ICQ. Let me know and if you install ICQ (www.icq.com, version 2004a pro) I'll be more than happy to load it into my pc so you can download it privately.

happy happy, joy joy.

Rich

kingfish
July 11th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Thanks but no thanks. I don't feel like spending time in jail.

Kai
July 12th, 2003, 01:47 AM
only just on Amazon?

*looks at his copy by Hollywood DVD*

boy.. they are slowing down ain't they?

btw ravesholpulsar, we do not condone movie sharing on this board.

thomas7g
July 12th, 2003, 01:56 AM
Ravishol- you might want to edit your post. We have corporate lawyers cruising threw here from time to time.

We wouldn't want to get you in trouble. ;)

And Kai is right, we don't condone this kinda stuff. We don't get down on ya. But we think it can get people in trouble.

btw Kingfish, I'm sorry for removing the quote on your post. I just wanted to give Ravishol a chance to delete his post and have it disappear. :D

thomas7g
July 12th, 2003, 02:08 AM
Btw I love the movie. The acting and writing is very good. It had a good edgy quality and at the same time a bit of a swashbukling music that made the ariel combat scenes very entertaining.

The only weakness, a forgivable one, is the special effect of the time travel storm. But then this was 1980 before computer generated imagery became available. So everything was done with film compositing, multiple exposures and hand animation.

In addition to Martin Sheen, and Kirk Douglass, it features James Farentino, and Charles Durning. And pretty petite Katherine Ross with her big blue eyes! :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kai
July 12th, 2003, 04:42 AM
tho more could have been done with the F14's vs Zero's I think..

'Wtf are we playing with these guys for?'

thomas7g
July 12th, 2003, 04:50 AM
true. But the F-14 back then were easy to stall if I recall and even at that speed the "zeroes" were probablly full throttle to keep up. :)

kingfish
July 14th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Some new news. http://thedigitalbits.com/#final