PDA

View Full Version : Missing the late Katharine Hepburn

thomas7g
June 29th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Though I was not a huge fan, I neverless enjoyed the many performances this great actress gave us. Today she has passed away at the age of 96.

They are replaying clips of her movies over and over today. And I'm enjoying it. She was very classy. Brash, but classy.

Farewell, Miss Hepburn
:(

Senmut
June 29th, 2003, 07:11 PM
I was not a great fan either, but she was fab in both The African Queen, and Rooster Cogburn. Just imagine HER on the Council of 12!

BST
June 29th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Another notable member of the acting profession has left us this month -- first, Gregory Peck then, Hume Cronyn, and now, Kate Hepburn. (Do events like this really happen in three's??)

I really enjoyed her in "Rooster Cogburn". My wife has been reading her book, "Me", off and on, the past few weeks.

For more info, IMDB ran a story on her passing:

http://us.imdb.com/PeopleNews/

BST :(

BST
June 29th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Sorry I missed this thread, Tom. I had just finished posting a similar thread and when I went to check the new posts, I saw yours.

Truly a great lady. She will be missed.

Senmut
June 29th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Did you know that originally, she intended to be a doctor, as her father had been?

The Blue Mule
June 29th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Hi Guys!

Yes its a sad day indeed. but she had a GREAT life, recognized by all from all over the world.

You have to see "The Lion In Winter" is a great dramatic epic about the family of Henry the 2nd,king of england. Peter O'Toole and Mrs. Herpburn "battle" it out over which of their 3 sons get the throne.
The sone are portrayed by Anthony Hopkins, Nigel Terry, and Timothy Dalton. Its great to watch them tear each other apart with sharp wits and insults, great performances all around with a tremendous score by John(007bond) Barry.

If Moore had tried to do Galactica like this I'd be his bloody body guard.

Laters!

Rich

thomas7g
June 29th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by BST
Sorry I missed this thread, Tom. I had just finished posting a similar thread and when I went to check the new posts, I saw yours.

Truly a great lady. She will be missed.

no problem, we all do that. I just merged our threads. :)

I was watching some info on her. I didn't know at 13 she found her brothers body after he comitted suicide. :(

I also was sad to hear she never married Spencer Tracy. He was catholic and had married before, and since catholics don't believe in divorce... :(

Flamingo Girl
July 1st, 2003, 10:28 AM
Another notable member of the acting profession has left us this month -- first, Gregory Peck then, Hume Cronyn, and now, Kate Hepburn. (Do events like this really happen in three's??)

How does Buddy Hackett fit, then?

thomas7g
July 1st, 2003, 02:20 PM
That was sad too. He was a funny guy. Very humble and friendly. :(

BST
July 1st, 2003, 03:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Flamingo Girl
How does Buddy Hackett fit, then?

Hopefully, not the start of another "3".

kingfish
July 1st, 2003, 05:29 PM
Gregory Peck was a great actor. One of his best performances is in Twelve O'Clock High as the leader of a bombadier group during WWII. He plays General Savage who is tough as nails until the end of the movie. The war has taken a toll on him and he has a breakdown. Sadly many are passing on.

thomas7g
July 1st, 2003, 10:49 PM
12 O'Clock High was an excellent performance! You don't see many deliveries of that calibur nowadays. Same with Roman Holiday.

Nowadays films are so formulaic that I doubt those two could be done as well.

Laura Elizabeth
July 2nd, 2003, 09:14 AM
When I saw the news on Hepburn yesterday, I felt tears well... my favorite actress of all time. An amazing talent and a class act.

Flamingo Girl
July 2nd, 2003, 11:18 AM
You know, the reason things happen in threes is because we make them. If seven famous people die within a month's time, we say it was two sets of three, and the last one starts a new three.

Thousands of people die every day.